Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,115 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? (1861 Views)

Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power / In Event Of World War 3, Would Nigeria Be A Safe Country To Reside? / Would Nigeria Have Been Better With Only One Tribe And Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by outlaws(m): 9:21am On Apr 25, 2008
cool

What do you think?
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by EKENEA(m): 9:52am On Apr 25, 2008
no think go that side, I beg you.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by mavtrevor(m): 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2008
Nobody will rule Nigeria better than a Nigerian, i believe in this country.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by baz101: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2008
I find this question a clear view from a low esteemed individual, Why will anyone even dare ask that question at all?  any way!!!!!!we are better than them, Nigeria is for Nigerians, We shall get to the promise land.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by deor03(m): 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2008
outlaws:

cool

What do you think?

Well, if you can show me one white guy that is a Nigerian
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by doshbass(m): 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2008
No matter who becomes president, if the people around the president (ministers, senators, judges, governors etc) do not stop being corrupt then it's a waste of time. We need honest people to Govern the country.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2008
doshbass:

No matter who becomes president, if the people around the president (ministers, senators, judges, governors etc) do not stop being corrupt then it's a waste of time. We need honest people to Govern the country.

I completely disagree. That to me is an excuse made in the pit of hell to allow the evil we have seen over the years in that country continue. A good leader knows to surround himself with people who are able to do the job and he/she will have no cause to allow any ineffective persons continue should he be found wanting. If the president can not himself find and appoint the right people then it simply shows he is not the right person for the role that he has been selected for, simple.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Lady2(f): 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2008
I completely disagree. That to me is an excuse made in the pit of hell to allow the evil we have seen over the years in that country continue. A good leader knows to surround himself with people who are able to do the job and he/she will have no cause to allow any ineffective persons continue should he be found wanting. If the president can not himself find and appoint the right people then it simply shows he is not the right person for the role that he has been selected for, simple

I agree with you but that is limited to his cabinet. Note doshbass mentioned senators and governors, those people are voted in and they do surround the President.

@Poster

What kind of rubbish question is that? Who told you the white man's way is the right way?
This is has self-hatred all over it. BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2008
~Lady~:

I agree with you but that is limited to his cabinet. Note doshbass mentioned senators and governors, those people are voted in and they do surround the President.

@Poster

What kind of rubbish question is that? Who told you the white man's way is the right way?
This is has self-hatred all over it. BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL

They may be voted in but a President decides in the end what goes and what does not go. If the senate or cabinet try to do what he does not agree with, the president has power to override such the way he can and he will go whatever mile he has to, to do this. So that whole PRESIDENT is limited by the people around him crap, I don't buy . Currently, we have enough laws to help get us more than half way where we need to be. What we need now is a leader who is able to take what we have and see that it is implemented or enforced at all levels to help pave the way for innovation and development in that country. I don't know why in Africa, that seems like one is asking for too much.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by FMK(m): 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2008
UUUUHM I Think Albinos will be Good to rule over nigeria
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Lady2(f): 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2008
They may be voted in but a President decides in the end what goes and what does not go. If the senate or cabinet try to do what he does not agree with, the president has power to override such the way he can and he will go whatever mile he has to, to do this. So that whole PRESIDENT is limited by the people around him crap, I don't buy . Currently, we have enough laws to help get us more than half way where we need to be. What we need now is a leader who is able to take what we have and see that it is implemented or enforced at all levels to help pave the way for innovation and development in that country. I don't know why in Africa, that seems like one is asking for too much.

I agree, I was just pointing out that doshbrass mentioned senator and governor and thay they're voted in.

I don't think that is asking too much. It is asking exactly what needs to be asked. grin
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by bawomolo(m): 12:38am On Apr 26, 2008
inferiority complex
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by wendymanda: 4:51am On Apr 26, 2008
Nigeria's problem is not the color of the president its the fact that the presidents are only interested in looting and not acknowledging that they are working for the people that voted them into power. Its like the campeign speech was empty words. Once Argentina or Venezuela kept changing presidents because the people they put into power was not working. Nigerians could do that but they are too caught up in tribalism.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by TCUBE(m): 4:52am On Apr 26, 2008
There is nothing wrong in having a white president, as long as he is nigerian, its all good
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Kobojunkie: 4:58am On Apr 26, 2008
Abi oo@ Wendymanda, give them 6 months to come up with something substantial, if nothing to show, drop them for the next person until we find someone who is able to get it into his/her thick head that we want to move forward and catch up with the rest of the world.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by wendymanda: 5:02am On Apr 26, 2008
I think any president that will leave their country to look for medical help else where especial for some thing insignificant as Yar adumbass ought to be sacked impeached or whatever. These idiots real need to learn respect and loyalty for the country they preside over.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by TheSly: 5:08am On Apr 26, 2008
At least it was berra way back then. . . . .
Nigeria stated sinking into the river of corruption immediately after 1960.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Kobojunkie: 5:15am On Apr 26, 2008
Back in the 80's, we still had electricity and water. I will not forget life when Buhari was president, it was as soon as Babangida came in that all seemed to fade and fast too. Back then Anini was the biggest issue we ever had in lagos, today, it seems every where you turn, problem and robbers. LMAO!! I mean I remember the day Anini faced firing squad, it was as if the whole of lagos heaved a huge sigh of relief. Lagos had LTV and Lagos state transportation corp ( LSTC). It was all fantastic. Living in the barracks was something to be proud of back then. I mean, you told someone you live in police barracks or command GRA and you hear ooohs and aahhs. LMAO!!!! Apapa amusement park was a hot spot. Come Christmas, kids would not rest until their parents got them to amusement park and the LTV christmas village so they could send their requests and be seen on tv by friends and family. BarBeach was the spot for singles. LMAO!!
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by debosky(m): 5:25am On Apr 26, 2008
and who says a change of president will necessarily turn things around?

it is naive to think anyone will become president without the so called 'elites' and 'entrenched vested interests' giving their consent.

give them 6 months to come up with something substantial? interesting, how do you measure 'substantial'?

a country that the legislature (not elected by the president if you don't know) holds down the budget since November till March, and you think the president can do magic by 'surrounding himself with good eggs'

simplistic analysis at best. President has 'power to override'? Go ask OBJ what happened when he was 'overriding' - impeachment proceedings paralysed almost two years of his first term.

yes we want transformation and change, but it will not happen by fiat of the president, anyone who thinks that has a poor understanding of the presidential system and the rampant indiscipline in political parties preventing a coherent vision from being implemented. The system is not at all suited to dramatic overnight transformations, regardless of whom you place in power.

back in in the 80's there was power, but not because of anything Buhari did/didn't do, the excess capacity left by the Obj administration and others were not yet used up by then, and the decay had already set in, it just took a while to completely break down. Anyone romantically remembering the 80's hasn't really looked in depth - the seeds of today's problems were sown then, and it just took a while to germinate.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by TheSly: 5:28am On Apr 26, 2008
I mean I remember the day Anini faced firing squad
Yeah. . .i got some of that papers till now. . .all the pics including the one that shows dimka and others were killed. .i mean those who assassinated murtala. embarassed
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2008
Yep, Anini was a big deal for a time and as soon as he died, it was almost as if criminals got the message and it stayed that way for a long time. Life used to be on the good side back in the days until we started to experience the effects of corruption first hand and it seemed things went from good to bad overnight.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by zillaxy: 12:09am On Apr 27, 2008
wat kind of stupid question is this? do u tink the politicians are bad bcoz of the colour of their skin?

i think u may need ur head examined.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by McKren(m): 1:09am On Apr 27, 2008
Please permit me to digress a bit

This question is best suited for the NFA

Their only solution to our soccer crisis is hiring a foreign coach, so now that it has become evident that the problem transcends the coach. I think we may consider borrowing their own playbook and hire a foreign NFA chairman.

As per foreign President?, it has not come to that yet.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 27, 2008
took me some time to ruminate on ur concept, think its erh, embarassed
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Nwaka77: 3:39am On Apr 27, 2008
What type of useless, annoying question is this? South Africa that was ruled by whites for many, many years, who benefited? The black south africans were left to languish in poverty and were given curfews in their own land. Is that what you would like for Naija? I beg, no vex me! angry
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Nobody: 4:06am On Apr 27, 2008
to someone, any white is okay.even pips like victor yuchenko, hosni mubarakand mumar gadaffi are welcome.at least they have white skins
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by redsun(m): 6:42am On Apr 27, 2008
This is as bad as the mental degradation can get.The poster is right to ask, because we don't seem to have answers to leadership problems,not even knowing what the problems are.

Of course whiteman is ruling africa indirectly,imperialism,economic,social and spiritual manipulations.Do you think whiteman wants africa to start appreciating her abundant resources like india and china,for them to lose out again?africa is the last frontier,another scramble for niggers,unless we rise up on our feet.

It's quite glaring.Whiteman is applying the law of man,survival of the fittest and it is the law of nature too,it is just that they don't know when to stop,like robots,but then,when do you start?
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by Njoy1(f): 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2008
white President? Better? Says who? and watch him bring all his white folks to come in and rule Nigeria - watch how white police will come and kill all black Nigerians and watch how every black Nigerian whill be hounded in jail -
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by OgaMadam(f): 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2008
I kind of think so.

Cause white people are just that professional.

Sorry.
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by wendymanda: 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2008
OgaMadam:

I kind of think so.

Cause white people are just that professional.

Sorry.

Answer to quote

redsun:

This is as bad as the mental degradation can get.The poster is right to ask, because we don't seem to have answers to leadership problems,not even knowing what the problems are.

Of course whiteman is ruling africa indirectly,imperialism,economic,social and spiritual manipulations.Do you think whiteman wants africa to start appreciating her abundant resources like india and china,for them to lose out again?africa is the last frontier,another scramble for niggers,unless we rise up on our feet.

It's quite glaring.Whiteman is applying the law of man,survival of the fittest and it is the law of nature too,it is just that they don't know when to stop,like robots,but then,when do you start?
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by jgirl3: 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2008
@ topic
HELL NO!
They were our presidents in the past. White men will draw the last bit of energy we have and exploit us like crazy. They will always feel indebted to their home country. Apart from that, what makes you think that skin color means better decisions?
Re: Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President? by landis(m): 9:51am On Apr 28, 2008
Would Nigeria Be A Better Place With A White President?

YES not because he/she is better but because the WEST would support him 100% with everything.

They always honestly support their own.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stupid Discrimination In Some Parts of Northern Nigeria / Controversy Trails Planned Re-sale Of Nitel, M-tel / Why Do Igbo Guys Hate Yoruba Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.