Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,820 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power (2847 Views)

CBN Data Proves Amaechi Lied Against Johnathan On ECA / Goodluck Johnathan Posts About Babangida Aliyu & 12 Northern Governors / If GOODLUCK Contests Against BUHARI Again In 2019, Who Would You Vote For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by raystar96(m): 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
please share your honest contribution

2 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
No, it wunt be bad like this cause we already know it wunt be better...
The fact we were expecting a better era makes it more bad to us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
Who knows... Nigeria cant be predict, it may be better or worse
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by raystar96(m): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
when the buhari administration just started some areas in Nigeria were experiencing steady power supply and he looked to close all corrupt loop holes ...But now the power production have dropped massively, unemployment is on the rise,everyday u visit the market price of commodity changes drastically.. Truth is the present administration do not have the right mechanism to fight Nigeria challenges

11 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
If Goodluck was still in power:

- Nigeria will be better off economically. BUT...
- Half the northern states will be lost to terrorism.

12 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by psucc(m): 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
Economically, it would have been viable but the north would have been in flames courtesy of 'I will make Nigeria ungovernable, if I loss the election'.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Jirate(m): 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
The Simple Answer is No

Why…..
1, He won’t spend four months after the Election to appoint Cabinet Ministers
2, No need to jamboree to other Countries, they already know him…
3, All Federal Roads under Re-Construction like the Lagos - Ibadan and the Benin – Abuja dualization , Etc would have continued by Now, today, all those working on these roads had been laid off. The number had been put at over 60,000 workers, no to talk of other sectors.
4, Inconclusive Election, brought by APC is now the order of the Day. They will never congratulate any one outside their fold even when it is clear that The Winner is the Man or Woman wanted by the People.
Let Stop there for Now……. To give room for others to Contribute

18 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Lawalemi(m): 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
It wouldn't have been worse than how it is now but the feeling would be that GEJ caused the current woes.

So, it's better he left to rest and leave the job to the self professed magicians

7 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by mrmetoo1: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
Jolsnow:
If Goodluck was still in power:

- Nigeria will be better off economically. BUT...
- Half the northern states will be lost to terrorism.

Cam you please explain how we'll have been better of economically? Tell us what Jonathan would have been doing differently keeping in mind we are where we are now because of oil prices?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by mrmetoo1: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
Jirate:
The Simple Answer is No

Why…..
1, He won’t spend four months after the Election to appoint Cabinet Ministers
2, No need to jamboree to other Countries, they already know him…
3, All Federal Roads under Re-Construction like the Lagos - Ibadan and the Benin – Abuja dualization , Etc would have continued by Now, today, all those working on these roads had been laid off. The number had been put at over 60,000 workers, no to talk of other sectors.
4, Inconclusive Election, brought by APC is now the order of the Day. They will never congratulate any one outside their fold even when it is clear that The Winner is the Man or Woman wanted by the People.
Let Stop there for Now……. To give room for others to Contribute

All those projects stopped before this present administration so what are you talking about?? There was very little for capital expenditure in the 2015 budget, this is easily verifiable so where would the money have come from to fund those projects and pay off contractors. The N350B the government wants to inject now is partly to pay off debts owed to these contractors so that they can get back to work. We were already borrowing to pay salaries in 2014, we were owing oil marketers since 2014, most states couldn't afford to pay salaries. All these were already going on before Jonathan left, so I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about.
As far as "Jamboree" to other countries, let's be honest no one wanted Jonathan, no one was extending any invitation to him, you may not like it but I'm just being honest. It's one thing knowing of someone as the president of a country, it's another thing taking him serious enough to build any relationship with him.

6 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by oyinkinola: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
....nigeria would have been worst you say!
bokoharam would have secure their caliphate all round nigeria by now!
the looters would have turn the cbn to their own purse by now!
ipob/massob would have gain biafra and kanu would have been the president of biafra!
haa! only God save this country rom Gej!

3 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
Goodluck would still be giving us fuel at N87 or worst N100 without subsidy but the product will be readily available as before.

Power supply would still be at least 10 hours daily like before.

These two men are not in thesame class for any comparism.

Goodluck brought FRESH AIR.

Buarri brought CHANGE.

10 months down the line, Nigerians know better.

12 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Pidggin(f): 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
Don't expect honesty from SW and Northern folks, they would rather die and suffer like they are doing now before they admit the truth. This is only the beginning of more sufferings to come, people can continue to deceive themselves as it is a free world.

12 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by mrmetoo1: 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pidggin:
Don't expect honesty from SW and Northern folks, they would rather die and suffer like they are doing now before they admit the truth. This is only the beginning of more sufferings to come, people can continue to deceive themselves as it is a free world.

I'm from SW and I'll always stand on the side of the truth whether it favors some of you or not. Maybe this is the beginning of your own suffering but I take this period as the beginning of a turn around for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by DaBullIT(m): 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2016
Elections are over

Stop crying over spilled milk already

And I strongly stand with Oyinkinola on this one it's just common sense
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by raystar96(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
cc Lalasticlala....front page material
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Nestle1x(m): 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
maybe Nigeria would hv been sold
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Pidggin(f): 1:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrmetoo1:

I'm from SW and I'll always stand on the side of the truth whether it favors some of you or not. Maybe this is the beginning of your own suffering but I take this period as the beginning of a turn around for Nigeria.

OP, there you have it, what did I say? He will claim not to know that we have been experiencing fuel scarcity for over a month now, and that prices of goods and services are increasing daily, the issue of Fulani herdsmen, INEC ineptitude, Jamb confusion, he will ignore the forex exchange issues, lack of electricity, loss of jobs etc. grin

7 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by raystar96(m): 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
cc TonyeBarcanista
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by mrmetoo1: 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pidggin:

OP, there you have it, what did I say? He will claim not to know that we have been experiencing fuel scarcity for over a month now, and that prices of goods and services are increasing daily, the issue of Fulani herdsmen, INEC ineptitude, Jamb confusion, he will ignore the forex exchange issues, lack of electricity, loss of jobs etc. grin

Where have I claimed to be oblivious of what's happening in the country right now? All I'm saying is some of you have deliberately tried to be dishonest about how we got to where we are today and the reasons for some of the problems. You guys want to act like all the problems you mentioned up there are brand new problems, like these are problems that we've not been facing for decades in Nigeria. Mention a problem up there that's brand new, just one. I don't think Nigeria has gone a whole year without going through any of the problems you mentioned up there.

The forex scarcity, can you please explain what's causing it? I choose to see the positives, I see a government that inherited a mess not just from the immediate past administration but decades long problems and are trying to solve it. Results take time and all we can do is wait and see before we judge. How does it make sense to compare 16 years to 10 months?? Problems that couldn't be fixed in 16 years is what we're now saying should have disappeared, you talk about truth let's be truthful for once.

3 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Pidggin(f): 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Where have I claimed to be oblivious of what's happening in the country right now? All I'm saying is some of you have deliberately tried to be dishonest about how we got to where we are today and the reasons for some of the problems. You guys want to act like all the problems you mentioned up there are brand new problems, like these are problems that we've not been facing for decades in Nigeria. Mention a problem up there that's brand new, just one. I don't think Nigeria has gone a whole year without going through any of the problems you mentioned up there.

The forex scarcity, can you please explain what's causing it? I choose to see the positives, I see a government that inherited a mess not just from the immediate past administration but decades long problems and are trying to solve it. Results take time and all we can do is wait and see before we judge. How does it make sense to compare 16 years to 10 months?? Problems that couldn't be fixed in 16 years is what we're now saying should have disappeared, you talk about truth let's be truthful for once.

Before now were you hearing of Fulani herdsmen, how many elections did INEC term 'Inconclusive' before now, has Jamb ever been this confused, has fuel problem ever taken this long to be resolved, has forex been this high and scarce before?

9 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by ridwanayo(m): 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
If gej was still still the president things would have been better,gej happebshappens to av good economic team compare to bubu, nd the issue of fulani miscreants killing nd maiming people wouldn't be up to this, yeah agreed during gej tenure there was fuel scarcity but it wasn't as worst as it is now, yesterday I was traveling down to abj we had to buy fuel at s price of 160, damn dats bad yo.i believe gej would av also achieved lot of success pertaining to boko haram cause towards the end of his tenure d NA already recapture 17territory for bh, nd electricity would av been better, it was gej who achieve the 5000mgwatts it's sad dat almighty fashola can't maintain it,

8 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
Permit me to use the word badder

Am Rona from Delta state. (Isoko by tribe).

You-all might think since am from the south I'll support goodluck Jonathan, but seriously speaking, if buhari and goodluck should compete for election ever again, I'll keep voting for buhari. The problem with Jonathan is that he's afraid to take firm decisions whereby Nigerians need a strong hand president.

If Jonathan were to be president, we might be enjoying, very fine, but remember that the next generation would suffer the consequences. It's better for us to suffer and our children to enjoy that for us to enjoy and our children later suffer.

4 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by mrmetoo1: 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pidggin:

Before now were you hearing of Fulani herdsmen, how many elections did INEC term 'Inconclusive' before now, has Jamb ever been this confused, has fuel problem ever taken this long to be resolved, has forex been this high and scarce before?

They named the Fulani herdsmen the third most dangerous group in the world and you think they earned that title in just a few months? Again let's get real. Again this is the first time you've heard of issues with our electoral process?? Ekiti with all the scandal surrounding it doesn't ring any bells? Also I asked you what's causing the forex scarcity, you didn't answer. It's either you're deliberately trying to dodge the question or you don't know the answer. If you don't know the answer it means you're just joining the chorus of wailers that want to criticize this government no matter what.

Again I'll keep saying this, you'll never catch me saying this government has been perfect or haven't done anything wrong, for example I hoped the elections will go better but again I'm willing to give them a chance to get things right because of the magnitude of problems we're facing in this country. Now if after 2 whole years in power we still haven't seen improvements or a solid direction then we know these guys are failing. This isn't saying after 2 years no problems will exist in Nigeria again o. At least give them a chance to implement their first budget.

My prayer always is that they get it right eventually because that's what's in the best interest of everyone one of us no matter what tribe, religion or party you belong to. You guys have to understand that a lot of people started out supporting Jonathan but he lost a lot of support at the end. You mentioned SW and northerners in your other post but forget that these people fought Turai for Jonathan, you guys quickly forget Jonathan won the SW in 2011. A lot of you guys haven't gotten over the defeat so you guys immediately want to dump all these problems on the new government. People were already blaming Buhari for handover day bombings. People were already criticizing Buhari after his first weekend in office. Anyway criticisms are not the worst things in the world but sometimes let's all just try to be truthful and realistic.

2 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by Pidggin(f): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrmetoo1:

They named the Fulani herdsmen the third most dangerous group in the world and you think that happened in just a few months? Again let's get real. Again this is the first time you've heard of issues with our electoral process?? Ekiti with all the scandal surrounding it doesn't ring any bells? Also I asked you what's causing the forex scarcity, you didn't answer. It's either you're deliberately trying to dodge the question or you don't know the answer. If you don't know the answer it means you're just joining the chorus of wailers that want to criticize this government no matter what.

Again I'll keep saying this, you'll never catch me saying this government has been perfect or haven't done anything wrong, for example I hoped the elections will go better but again I'm willing to give them a chance to get things right because of the magnitude of problems we're facing in this country. Now if after 2 whole years in power we still haven't seen improvements or a solid direction then we know these guys are failing. This isn't saying after 2 years no problems will exist in Nigeria again o. At least give them a chance to implement their first budget.

My prayer always is that they get it right eventually because that's what's in the best interest of everyone one of us no matter what tribe, religion or party you belong to. You guys have to understand that a lot of people started out supporting Jonathan but he lost a lot of support at the end. You mentioned SW and northerners in your other post but forget that these people fought Turai for Jonathan, you guys quickly forget Jonathan won the SW in 2011. A lot of you guys haven't gotten over the defeat so you guys immediately want to dump all these problems on the new government. People were already blaming Buhari for handover day bombings. People were already criticizing Buhari after his first weekend in office. Anyway criticisms are not the worst things in the world but sometimes let's all just try to be truthful and realistic.

Okay, i mentioned SW and North because of the voting pattern in the presidential election 2015, which was largely based on tribal sentiments than anything else. Why am I saying this? Because GEJ's achievements have been consistently downplayed by people within these regions.

If you can mention any year before Buhari's presidency where Fulani herdsmen have killed more than twenty people, I will withdraw my previous statement and apologize.

From 2015 to March 2016 INEC has declared more elections inconclusive than it did in the whole 16 years of PDP rule.

If anything like what happened with the issue of Jamb ever occurred in the history of Nigeria, please counter with facts.

What is causing the present forex problem? Government unfavorable policy IMO government 's refusal to devalue the Naira. Ans this, if you have access to forex at the official rate in a country where govt doesn't sell to Bureau de Change wouldn't market forces e. g. demand for the currency determine the rate at which you sell to the black market or what would you do in such a case?

We don't need 24 months to predict the direction of any government, averagely it takes six months for one to be able to make a correct assessment of a govt.

6 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by tuniski: 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
mrmetoo1:

They named the Fulani herdsmen the third most dangerous group in the world and you think they earned that title in just a few months? Again let's get real. Again this is the first time you've heard of issues with our electoral process?? Ekiti with all the scandal surrounding it doesn't ring any bells? Also I asked you what's causing the forex scarcity, you didn't answer. It's either you're deliberately trying to dodge the question or you don't know the answer. If you don't know the answer it means you're just joining the chorus of wailers that want to criticize this government no matter what.

This govt of buhari has been a disaster simple as apc! All the long talk is further justification of the disaster. Pls stop defending or rationalizing failure. Obama met an America in double crisis next to the great depression but, wasn't blaming George Bush/republicans. Blamers don't do well buhari/apc are blamers!

7 Likes

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by mrmetoo1: 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pidggin:

Okay, i mentioned SW and North because of the voting pattern in the presidential election 2015, which was largely based on tribal sentiments than anything else. Why am I saying this? Because GEJ's achievements have been consistently downplayed by people within these regions.

If you can mention any year before Buhari's presidency where Fulani herdsmen have killed more than twenty people, I will withdraw my previous statement and apologize.

From 2015 to March 2016 INEC has declared more elections inconclusive than it did in the whole 16 years of PDP rule.

If anything like what happened with the issue of Jamb ever occurred in the history of Nigeria, please counter with facts.

What is causing the present forex problem? Government unfavorable policy IMO government 's refusal to devalue the Naira. Explain this, if you have access to forex at the official and it is selling for triple the amount in the black market, what would you do with it?

We don't need 24 months to predict the direction of any government, averagely it takes six months for one to be able to make a correct assessment of a govt.

How can you say SW voting pattern was based on tribe. I don't like how you guys will look for every excuse under the sun to justify Jonathan's loss apart from the fact that he wasn't a good president. Corruption thrived under the man, mismanagement of resources. Nigeria earned the highest during his tenure but please what do we have to show for it?? Please mention a lasting legacy Jonathan left behind. So please ma, Jonathan didn't get voted out because of tribe he was voted out because he didn't do well. Did people all of a sudden just realize he's not from the SW or the north in 2015?

Now read this to show you this Fulani conflict didn't start in May 2015. Read how many they claim to have been killed in 2013.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/200426-exclusive-struck-agatu-fulani-herdsmen.html
Also this below is 2014
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA360HT20140407 I'm sure if I go year by year you'll see these clashes.

How many elections have been declared inconclusive so far. Meanwhile the last general elections, there were pockets of LGs here and there that there termed inconclusive because of canceled votes. Please what happened in the gubernatorial election in Abia? Please what happened in Imo?? Or have you already forgotten Okorocha wasn't declared the winner immediately?

Now with forex scarcity which is the reason is forex is expensive, I'm glad your answered with "IMO". I have to say you're wrong. The simple reason why forex is scarce is because we're not earning as much forex as we used to. Our major forex earner has lost 70% of its value, I don't think it can get simpler than that. Whatever policy you're talking about comes after that basic reason. The policy you might not agree with is how best to manage the scarce forex. Again the cause of the forex isn't any policy, the management of the scarcity is where policy argument can come in. Also I'm not sure how devaluation would have all of a sudden solved our problems. We are all complaining about inflation yet you turn around to support devaluation, again let's get real.

Then with JAMB, I'll be honest and say I don't even know what's going on but I'll read up on it.

1 Like

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by OlujobaSamuel: 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pidggin:

What is causing the present forex problem? Government unfavorable policy IMO government 's refusal to devalue the Naira. Ans this, if you have access to forex at the official rate in a country where govt doesn't sell to Bureau de Change wouldn't market forces e. g. demand for the currency determine the rate at which you sell to the black market or what would you do with in such a case?

I won't take you on on others but on devaluation, pls I beg you, no bring that thing again.
Do you realized the currency was just devalued to 197, so you want another devaluation in a country where we have millions earning less than 100k and the cost of living is highly exorbitant, with states(23 as at handover) unable to pay salary as and when due, who will increase the salary of workers to cushion the effect of devaluation?
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by PaulJohn1: 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pidggin:

What is causing the present forex problem? Government unfavorable policy IMO government 's refusal to devalue the Naira. Ans this, if you have access to forex at the official rate in a country where govt doesn't sell to Bureau de Change wouldn't market forces e. g. demand for the currency determine the rate at which you sell to the black market or what would you do with in such a case?

If we're to go by 2015 election result statistics, the South-West and North-Central voting pattern shows they had most votes void of sentiments when compared to those of South-South and South-East, with over 90% of the votes given to a candidate. Whereas, no candidate had up to 60% of the votes in the SW and NC.
Based on 2015 presidential election stat, the SW seems to have the greatest percentage of votes void of sentiments. With the list Voters turnout and closest margin between the two main candidates.

See the tables below.

None of the SW states (excluding Lagos) has ever had a political party win the governorship election for straight 3 terms, since the return of democracy. No zone in Nigeria have such record.

1 Like

Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by jojomario(m): 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Very bad
Dasuki still in power
Service chiefs continuing the tradition #514 million monthly.
Dezaini
NNPC unremitted 3trillion will still be unveiled
Pension scam

They will only be showing us fake figures.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by sammyj: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
Will be 10 million times worse in the hand of the clueless one! ! angry shocked
Re: Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power by sammyj: 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
Why worry yourself or waste your energy on ignorant die hard wailers! !!
mrmetoo1:

All those projects stopped before this present administration so what are you talking about?? There was very little for capital expenditure in the 2015 budget, this is easily verifiable so where would the money have come from to fund those projects and pay off contractors. The N350B the government wants to inject now is partly to pay off debts owed to these contractors so that they can get back to work. We were already borrowing to pay salaries in 2014, we were owing oil marketers since 2014, most states couldn't afford to pay salaries. All these were already going on before Jonathan left, so I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about.
As far as "Jamboree" to other countries, let's be honest no one wanted Jonathan, no one was extending any invitation to him, you may not like it but I'm just being honest. It's one thing knowing of someone as the president of a country, it's another thing taking him serious enough to build any relationship with him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafrans Enter TB Joshua To Fight PICS / Nigerians Come For Senator Ben Bruce On Twitter For This / ADP Is Not Part Of Our Coalition, Says CUPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.