Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Vested Interest;beauty Behind Truth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Vested Interest;beauty Behind Truth (536 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vested Interest;beauty Behind Truth by Docii001(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2013
Vested Interest; I spend most of each day thinking about YOU,what your doing,who you are with,your safety,if you have eaten?....I see a dress and I say to myself 'that would look good on her',because I understand her body(I think of it everyday),I even dream of it....I see a hairstyle and I save the image on my phone because I know it would look good on her,why won't It?»»»I've seen her face a thousand times; I know the taste of her lips,I play with her nose so much I'm sure it misses me when am not there,I kiss her ears because it makes her smile,I gaze into those eyes like there's something am looking for in there,I kiss her forehead because I just have to kiss every part of her at least once a day....my aspirations for her are so big,michelle Obama would envy what she becomes....In every of my plans she's there because that's how much she means to me.
At the end of the day All I want is for you to standout,and be the best among your peers....that is my hustle,that's my brag!

This takes me to the focus of the day,I remember back in my secondary school days when I kept on 'relaxing' my hair. Everyone,especially the girls would tell me how good I looked and how hot I was; so it didn't really matter when my teachers gave me a hard time or that I was slowly dropping down the pecking order for 'prefectship'-beef I said to myself....

I would try as hard as I could to avoid my parents at home during those periods(wear hooded tops,head warmer,press my hair down,raise my head up when am talking to them,lol) but they still noticed.
What happens next is the shouting and complaining from my mum and the calm but long lecture by Dad, then afterwards straight to the barber's shop.
I would still do it again once my hair is grown, and then one day my mum called me and said to me calmly(she is usually more aggressive);there is no one in the world who loves me more than the way they(parents) do and so no other persons opinion or view about me should supersede theirs because they have a vested interest in my life....Those words did not mean much to me then but now they do.
Those around us who help to caress and massage our egos are just like those young girls who thought my 'fried' hair looked good;no permanent interest in your life just 'cinderellas' in your reality!
A lot of men would lose their perfect families because one girl who wants their money would tell them their big pot belly(which the wife has been complaining about) is so 'sexy' and a sign of 'good' living....Same goes for the women too.
So my advice to anyone reading this is to listen to those who will tell you what you do not want to hear and show you the bitter truth because those who have 'vested interest' see beyond the glamour of today into the challenges of tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Vested Interest;beauty Behind Truth by frederal(m): 9:37pm On May 21, 2013
Nice one
Re: Vested Interest;beauty Behind Truth by Docii001(m): 11:15pm On May 21, 2013
Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Buy Genuine Land In Lagos And Stop Doubting / Please, Who Owns A Man? Mother Or Wife? / Nigeria Men And Prams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.