Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion (15956 Views)

Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) / Pictures Of A Short-cut Into Ikeja Police Barracks By Mobolaji Bank-anthony Way / New Ikeja Police College (in Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by DisGuy: 7:12pm On May 22, 2013
awodman: Good job CHANNELS TELEVISION...this how journalism should be..the TRUTH with no BLACKMAILS...
Good job Presidency...Good Job army Corp of engineers...
Police make una maintain this facilities well ooo..since money for maintainance has been provided...

but the president claimed the station was trying to blackmail its government!

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by gen2briz(m): 7:13pm On May 22, 2013
All kudos to channels. ....that is all
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 22, 2013
Let me praise GEJ for the first time. Kudos. and Kudos to Channels TV too

But more is needed. Someone needs to be punished for the years of accumulated rot.
There is still need for an investigation into all past budgetary allocations to the school and then punish severely anyone who is found wanting.
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 22, 2013
Channels TV is doing a great job.first this police collage,secoundly they expose Oga@d top,3rd same Channels TV i only here news from nigeria here in Germo, through computer.
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by nijanigga: 7:47pm On May 22, 2013
In a country where the culture of maintenance is a alien,give the structure one year at most,it will be back to square one.
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by Ahmednaija: 7:50pm On May 22, 2013
sheyie2007: Primitive architecture again... I tire for this country o angry
Primitive? i bet you live in a house made from wood in ajegunle
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by bloggernaija: 7:52pm On May 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

I'm with you regarding Channels and the great investigative journalism that corrected this rot, but what about accountability? Instead of seeking accountability on behalf of the men that suffered for decades within the walls of the police colleges all over the country and the people of Nigeria?

Instead of accountability, GEJ gave Onovo a National Award and disgraced and indicted Okiro another high profile federal position, the current IG is still on the job.

It's still BS and the people of Nigeria are the losers, in fact, double losers because they lost the embezzled funds for good and they are footing the bills for this maintenance..

I could not have said it better. Go to any police station in nigeria. it is a police college situation all over again. It is nothing more than putting lipstip on pig . It is still a pig.
The right thing to have done was to go down the chain of command in the police force. Anybody remotely connected to be rot ought to have been brought before the civil service commission to answer for their incompetence.heads should roll.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by AreaFada2: 7:57pm On May 22, 2013
Good
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 22, 2013
maintenance is the key word here.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by izzo22: 8:05pm On May 22, 2013
Wily,Wily:
Jonathan is looking after Yorubas. see now, Ooduduwa Republic police station is looking good. Yorubas should be grateful.
pardon me i had to laff @dis L>O:O>Ô=Dcheesy=))winkOÔ:ÔO>L>
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 22, 2013
lololol

can we get more pictures plz
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by ewet: 8:46pm On May 22, 2013
awodman:
Oga what was shown by CHANNELS is a ROT that has accumulated for several years..the president cannot be everywhere at the same time...so that is why we need likes of CHANNELS and other media houses to EXPOSE THIS ROT which has been going on for DECADES..so that CORRECTIVE actions like this can be taken

And what happens to the guys responsible for overseeing that place, how about the IG who had been gallivanting all over the place shouting that he was here to reform the force while his colleges where in shambles, There was also a certain Caleb Olubolade who is the serving minister of police affairs under GEJ,where was he all this while shouldn't he have bin sent packing.He was shedding crocodile tears the other day that the police reform commitee recommended that his ministry be scraped.
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by Reyspin(m): 8:48pm On May 22, 2013
wot if Channels and d FG planned these charade 4rm d onset (datz a topic 4 anoda day)?
Have you guyz visited any Police Barrack or better still Ikoyi Prison warders' barack?
This one is welcom development buh wot about dose responsible for d upkeep of ds college? Dere shud b a lai down rule for anyone managing our public facilities...will they do dat?? lailai!! Afterall na Man knw Man dem tk get d Job wu go put dem to order?
They shud Stop all these Propangada joor not all Nigerians are actually Foolish and Stupid!
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by ewet: 8:51pm On May 22, 2013
GAR3TH: As good as this news is its doesn't solve any of the real problems that the police college has.

You can continue to paint the buildings with a new coat of paint, replace the roofs and plant flowers but who is to say in one year we will be back to were we were before, with another degraded police college.

The main problem with the college was not the infrastructure but rather the incompetent college administration leaders who were suppose to keep the college from degrading and failed.

Why are they all still in their positions after failing to live up to their responsibilities. Renovation of the college is good and I appreciate it but I do not like that the people who caused this did not get charged or fired.

Only in Nigeria will a gun be charged with murder while the killer walks away free.

IG M.D. Abubakar

Caleb Olubolade Minister for police affairs

The entire police service commision

The DIG in charge of training and logistics
All the national assembly members tht are in the police commitees
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by gtrust: 8:55pm On May 22, 2013
Send the Army Corps of Engineers to Katsina, Borno and Yobe as soon as fighting eases and get them to do the RECONSTRUCTION of roads, mass housing and schools and market etc.
That way when the 'refugees' return they can start life sharp sharp!

WELL DONE!!!!
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by Walphem(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2013
GAR3TH: As good as this news is its doesn't solve any of the real problems that the police college has.

You can continue to paint the buildings with a new coat of paint, replace the roofs and plant flowers but who is to say in one year we will be back to were we were before, with another degraded police college.

The main problem with the college was not the infrastructure but rather the incompetent college administration leaders who were suppose to keep the college from degrading and failed.

Why are they all still in their positions after failing to live up to their responsibilities. Renovation of the college is good and I appreciate it but I do not like that the people who caused this did not get charged or fired.

Only in Nigeria will a gun be charged with murder while the killer walks away free.
I gbadun your last sentence. you killed it finally
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by Drdreluv: 9:08pm On May 22, 2013
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by taharqa2: 9:14pm On May 22, 2013
bloggernaija:

I could not have said it better. Go to any police station in nigeria. it is a police college situation all over again. It is nothing more than putting lipstip on pig . It is still a pig.
The right thing to have done was to go down the chain of command in the police force. Anybody remotely connected to be rot ought to have been brought before the civil service commission to answer for their incompetence.heads should roll.
I hope you know that those heads that would have to roll will include yr beloved BUHARI?? Hope you know that Buhari, along with practicali every former Nigeria leada, contributd to the TERRIBLE state of what usd to be d Police College structure by not really touching the structure since it was built during d Colonial era? that is until GEJ came along of course... Do you still want Heads to roll??
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by nerodenero: 9:18pm On May 22, 2013
Wily,Wily:
Jonathan is looking after Yorubas. see now, Ooduduwa Republic police station is looking good. Yorubas should be grateful.
Sorry Bros,maybe you didnt read well.It was Ikeja Police College and not Oduduwa Republic Police Station!Assuming the Police College in Kaduna is renovated,will you call it Arewa Police College.The College is for Nigerians.Just my opinion!
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by nerodenero: 9:19pm On May 22, 2013
Wily,Wily:
Sorry Bros,maybe you didnt read well.It was Ikeja Police College and not Oduduwa Republic Police Station!Assuming the Police College in Kaduna is renovated,will you call it Arewa Police College?The College is for Nigerians.Just my opinion!
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by slimfit1(m): 9:23pm On May 22, 2013
Now start giving this police proper training, not cow boy training training and return the powers that the politicians took away back to them please no need of efcc pls.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 22, 2013
Each time I try to put myself in the Shoes of Eko Ile, I feel like a loser, Why am I always feeling like a loser each time I put myself in the shoes of Eko Ile ? I feel like Eko Ile is a chronic Loser. Eko Ile must be a loser! Indeed Eko Ile smells like a Loser. One more Achievement to GEJ 2011-2019
[size=15pt]
FRESH AIR! ALUTA CONTINUA!!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by ABAKA72(m): 9:47pm On May 22, 2013
Eko Ile: Old wine inside new bottle. Whatever happened to the folks behind the rot and embezzlement.

Where was the transformation agenda before Channels blow alarm?

Yeye people... lmao

ewu, the transformation dey for Yaba police collage, just go there tommorow and see it, and that is if you are not as blind as a bat as usual.
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by nwaniSOC: 9:54pm On May 22, 2013
awodman:
Oga what was shown by CHANNELS is a ROT that has accumulated for several years..the president cannot be everywhere at the same time...so that is why we need likes of CHANNELS and other media houses to EXPOSE THIS ROT which has been going on for DECADES..so that CORRECTIVE actions like this can be taken
u ar wrong man! he can be evriwhere at evri time
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 22, 2013
[quote author=Eko Ile]Old wine inside new bottle. Whatever happened to the folks behind the rot and embezzlement.

Yeye people... lmao

[ you always insult anything Gej. It that all you are good at? Please no carry hypertension ooo.]

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by str8talk1: 2:15am On May 23, 2013
In d 21st Century dis institution is still made of bungalow structures wt boreholes facilities in a state adjudge to b d Centre of Excellence? MSHEWW...

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by anonimi: 2:33am On May 23, 2013
str8_talk: In d 21st Century dis institution is still made of bungalow structures wt boreholes facilities in a state adjudge to b d Centre of Excellence? MSHEWW...

That is what you get from a state that has been administered by the "progressive opposition" in POWER for 14 years:

1,2,3,4, years Tinubu
5,6,7,8, years of Tinubu
9,10,11,12 years of Fashola
13,14 years of Fashola

with MISPLACED priorities.

They focus on yoyo, shiny PHYSICAL infrastructure at very hyper inflated costs while NEGLECTING BASIC services such as pipeborne water
in the whole state.
It is like having a person dressed up in very expensive clothes but with cheap pata olokun i.e. rope held pants/dross. The person must pray hard not to be involved in an accident or sickness that will involve removing his clothes in the hospital/public

Yet they have the effontery to criticize GEJ who is making slow but steady progress after ONLY three years in power on electricity, railways, roads etc.

Shameless bunch of HYPOCRITES!

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by kaeto(m): 2:50am On May 23, 2013
Eko Ile: Old wine inside new bottle. Whatever happened to the folks behind the rot and embezzlement.

Yeye people... lmao

yeye man, bitter man. grin

Yeye people... lmao

yeye man, bitter man.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by EkoIle1: 3:36am On May 23, 2013
tomakint:
Why are you this difficult as a person, I hope you are not a psychopath? It's not compulsory you must talk please undecided

The world is not a one sided world and we all see things in a million different ways, you have your views and other people have theirs so why is it so difficult for you people to understand this simple fact? Must I see things your way or reason like you?

You people get carried away with this silliness...

Look in the mirror and discover the real psychopath going bunkers over another man's opinion.
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by EkoIle1: 3:49am On May 23, 2013
awodman:
I agree with you that those that caused this rot should be punished..but its unfair to rest the blame squarely on the current crop of management in the college..remember this a rot that has existed for decades...

Does it really matter? At your job if your oga question you about similar rot are you going to tell your oga that your have nothing to do with it because it's been going on before you show face?

1. Time on the job has nothing to do with accountability especially if you yourself did nothing to correct the situation regardless how long it's been going on?

2. Even talking about past heads of police like Okiro and Onovo, what happened to them? Onovo got National award while his men suffer under him, a known crooked and corrupt IG like Okiro not only got away with his shadiness and rot under his watch, the president even rewarded with another high profile federal job.

3. The current IG is still on the job and it's business as usual.

So where is the deterrent to prevent such from happening again? Incompetence is bad, but Lack of accountability is even worse.
Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by pekelepekele(m): 4:00am On May 23, 2013
God pls bless the poster that opened a thread about how devastating the place was month ago . your post have done a great job

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion by camelus: 5:26am On May 23, 2013
awodman:
Exactly my tot. And this is how they want GEJ to turn around Nigeria under 2yrs while our past Leaders have not done much.
The Northern hegemony is too stiff to be broken after 38yrs of self styled rule until we break it we will not have any meaningful development, Chikenah !
GEJ is slow cos they made the Country Ungovernable for him let see how it plays out.
GEJ till 2019 !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Were In Power For 16 Years But Failed To Restructure Nigeria – APC Fires PDP / Buhari @ 76: Igbo Group Drums Support For Buhari`s Re-election- Pictures / Obaseki, Diri Visit Okowa In Owa-alero, Delta.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.