Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity (32186 Views)

CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / INEC Postpones Election Indefinitely In 18 Polling Units In Yobe Over Insecurity / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Ucheaaron(m): 5:42am On May 22, 2013
Former Head of State General Muhammadu Buhari has advised President Goodluck Jonathan to resign from office for his inability to tackle the security challenges facing the country.
“Jonathan should vacate and give way to competent hand to govern the country”, he said.
Speaking to newsmen in his residence in Daura town yesterday, General Buhari said the issue of security is a fundamental duty of any responsible government, but Jonathan failed to protect the lives and the properties of Nigerians since he assumed power.
“When the Niger Delta militants started their activities in the South-South, they were invited by the late President Umaru Yar’adua.
An aircraft was sent to them and their leaders met with the late President in Aso Rock and discussed issues. They were given money and a training scheme was introduced for their members. But when the Boko Haram emerged in the north members of the sect were killed,” General Buhari lamented.
“And when the police failed to address the insurgency, soldiers were invited and they captured the Boko Haram leader, Muhammad Yusuf alive and handed him over to police. But Yusuf was eventually killed, his in-law too was killed and their houses were demolished”, he said.
He said the murder of the Boko Haram leader however provoked his followers and that was what led the country to its present situation. He suggested that government should adopt a new approach that will end the insurgency without affecting the lives and properties of innocent people.
“In Bama and Baga towns, military personnel were reported to have been engaged in extortion and sometimes raping of women. And because a soldier was killed in Baga the whole town was sacked by military. This is not the best way military should have acted when they were sent to restore law and order in a town. How can a responsible government allow its people to be killed in this way,” he asked.
He warned that the police, SSS, army, navy and Air force should know how to conduct themselves and act professionally.
“The soldiers are not expected to go and sack a town because one of them is killed. They are expected to capture the culprits for prosecution. After all the soldiers are not meant to tackle internal crisis but when it is necessary they should act professionally.
“Whoever is sent to protect people should also protect their integrity. When the former England’s Prime Minister, Margret Thatcher decided to hold its political meeting in Brighton the security advised her to cancel the meeting because of the IRN rebellions, but she insisted and held the meeting. The hotel she was accommodated was bombed and some of her political associates were killed but soldiers did not condone the area and kill everybody there, rather they conducted themselves professionally,” Buhari said.
General Buhari, who condemned the imposition of state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states, said state of emergency was not the best way to address insurgency in the three affected states and the country in general.
“Government cannot kill all the Boko Haram members. Government should rather arrest and prosecute the Boko Haram members. They should only be killed when they said clearly they wage war against their country like what happened during the civil war. And even during civil war we that fought in the war were given a copy of code of conduct book which guided us against killing innocent people”, he said

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/55080-insecurity-buhari-asks-jonathan-to-resign

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Dreal1247: 6:03am On May 22, 2013
BUHARI EVERYBODY KNOWS IS THE OGA @ THE TOP OF BH. IF U ARE WAITING TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY AGAIN, YOU WILL WAIT FOR EVENITY. NO BASKET FOR ROTTEN MANGO.

213 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:14am On May 22, 2013
I'm getting the plot:

Buhari, knwin he might not win a straight one in 2015 is tryin to coerce jonathan to resign grin

And let me be a little of agbo apolologist here?

When ds cow is now using the case of amnesty for d eastern militants by d northern president as a measure of thought, and a basis of claim dt the now 'eastern' president is SUPPOSED to give amnesty to his northern militants instead of killing them, what happens to those killed at the time of biafra?

For things to be fair, let jonathan kill a little now, and then u call it a duece!

Now, let me go back home to d SW:
Wetin 'consign' me if una both kpeme?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Dreal1247: 6:31am On May 22, 2013
Its hightime they get this man arrested. Pikin wey wan force im papa go worship im god, na im u tak dey compare the 1 wey them dey carry im blessing take dey give other people when hunger dey waya am. Bh say everybody must accept Islam. How can you compare them with Niger Delta militants whose resources were used to develope Abuja where they lack basic amenities. They were fighting for their rights and therefore deserved amnesty.

33 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Dreal1247: 6:44am On May 22, 2013
In short a total disgrace to humanity. He(Buhari) prophecised about blood flowing if Gel won, now he is blaming Gej. If he is truely a good leader, his state is supposed to be the most peaceful state. U are here sympathizing with him. WILL U ALLOW UR FAMILY TO BECOME IRAQ & KUWAIT BECAUSE YOU AV A BAD COMMUNITY LEADER?

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by badmrkt(m): 6:53am On May 22, 2013
Buhari don't worry Buharam and their sponsors will be brought to and abrupt end.
But i'm sorry to say that there is no vacancy in aso rock till arsenal wins uefa champions league. cheesy

31 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Jakumo(m): 6:59am On May 22, 2013
Shut the phuck up already, Buhari Bin Laden, you horrid little creature.
Nobody is listening to your rambling and babbling.
You are clearly a mad person who belongs in a cage.

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Iykopee(m): 7:04am On May 22, 2013
and the septugenerian who has been scheming to become the president of this con3 cudnt differentiate between BH and niger delta militant, in action and quest.. It has been proven beyond reasonable doubt dat, decline in age is decline in productivity..buhari has reached the twilight of his career in human endeavours and shud be advised to retire from public enterprise voluntarily......

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by lonelydora: 7:08am On May 22, 2013
In his Dreams. Buhari, you think you are making the country ungovernable for GEJ. Nonsense, come and rule Nigeria let us see. We will match bullet with bullet, fight for fight. Idiot.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by keishik: 7:08am On May 22, 2013

32 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 7:12am On May 22, 2013
Buhari is losing his senses.....why is he always so ready to defend BH at every opportunity without ever coming out to condemn them when they go on their killing spree of innocent people.

With all sense of responsibility in me..I dare to say that Buhari is a BH apologist and probably one of its closet supporter and sponsor.

The Buhari fans can haul all the personal insults at me....the only thing I will do is to report them to the mods. No need exchanging insults with "em.

38 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nedu31(m): 7:23am On May 22, 2013
I regret supporting this man in 2011. Now i knw hw foolish i was in 2011,the mst annoying thing about this old cattle rearer is that he never sympathies with the innocent victim of Boko Haram or visit the scene,only calling Jonathan n Federal govt all sort of name.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 7:25am On May 22, 2013
Buhari is complaining of Baga town getting sacked cos a soldier was killed. Wasnt he part of army that believes that the life of a soldier is equal to 1000 lives of bloody civilians. He helped to etch that sense of superiority in them. So why complaining about a situation you helped to create, oh... the north is now at the receiving end...so the Gen is lamenting. Talk about frankenstein's creation.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 7:28am On May 22, 2013
I keep saying it: Buhari is a dumb BIGOT and so are his supporters. This man is a liability to the country.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 7:29am On May 22, 2013
I doubt the authenticity of this report coming from this source!
But in any case,if buhari actually make such assertive statement, it say a lot of the man who had always wanted and still wants to return to Aso Rock. Come to think of it, this insurgency has been going on for a long time now, what stopped Buhari from proffering a better solution as a statesman, bt no! He kept mute only to cal for GEJ's head now that d SOE is in place. Innocent people had lost their lives in d hands of BH, but never for once was Buhari heard saying anything.
No! General, we do mot agree with u on this one.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Ebestsmscom: 7:32am On May 22, 2013
lonelydora: In his Dreams. Buhari, you think you are making the country ungovernable for GEJ. Nonsense, come and rule Nigeria let us see. We will match bullet with bullet, fight for fight. Idiot.

BOMBER 2 BOMBER

No be so?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Ebestsmscom: 7:36am On May 22, 2013
badmrkt: Buhari don't worry Buharam and their sponsors will be brought to and abrupt end.
But i'm sorry to say that there is no vacancy in aso rock till arsenal wins uefa champions league. cheesy

GBAM!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Ebestsmscom: 7:38am On May 22, 2013
gregtochi: I doubt the authenticity of this report coming from this source!
But in any case,if buhari actually make such assertive statement, it say a lot of the man who had always wanted and still wants to return to Aso Rock. Come to think of it, this insurgency has been going on for a long time now, what stopped Buhari from proffering a better solution as a statesman, bt no! He kept mute only to cal for GEJ's head now that d SOE is in place. Innocent people had lost their lives in d hands of BH, but never for once was Buhari heard saying anything.
No! General, we do mot agree with u on this one.

The guy copied it from >> http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/55080-insecurity-buhari-asks-jonathan-to-resign

Then use unto bloggers level to ............

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 7:38am On May 22, 2013
Dreal1247: .
Ur full generation are all idiots. In short a total disgrace to humanity. He(Buhari) prophecised about blood flowing if Gel won, now he is blaming Gej. If he is truely a good leader, his state is supposed to be the most peaceful state. U are here sympathizing with him. WILL U ALLOW UR FAMILY TO BECOME IRAQ & KUWAIT BECAUSE YOU AV A BAD COMMUNITY LEADER?
Must you resort to abusing his entire generations b4 you air your point? And what exactly is Asari Dokubo threatening currently. The same thing Buhari once said. You see these bunch of political scarvengers and desperadoes have an escape route if all chips are down. Even Jonathan will abandone his sinking ship unlike the musicians at the TITANIC. He already said "i don't give a damn",do u think he gives a damn about ya'll. Your leaders need overhauling and it is our duty to choose the right people by 2015. Buhari aint no saint but he is a Nigerian and has right to speak out when his domain is threatened by military. They are all rogues. Gej,Buhari. . . . .Afterall Gej said Bh sponsors are top PDP guys and among his inner circles.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 7:42am On May 22, 2013
It is for reasons such as this Buhari will never rule this nation.

Dude is obnoxious and pugnacious. It is people like Buharri who put Islam in negative light.

What a bitter and power hungry old man.

Schweinepriester!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by tarryT(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2013
.......and this is what the pseudoAPC termed progressive.... SMH..

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 7:45am On May 22, 2013
Only a no-hoper will entrust his or her 4 years into the hand of an old, backward looking...and not so literate elderly man in this jet age.

If you are less than 50 years old and now believe that Buhari is what Nigeria need at this time in her development...I SMH for you.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by ironblack(m): 7:49am On May 22, 2013
these days i shudder at the delusive ignorance and tribal slant of comments by mostly uninformed commentators on this forum.it has become a norm to attribute the islamists insurgents in the north to buhari, this is rather an unfortunate misinformation,it is high time nigerian youths started seeing the patriotic and nationalistic standpoint of buhari and stop been deceived by d lies of the stealing class......is buhari responsible for the kidnappings in the south? We shld not forget how chief obafemi awolowo was stigmatized and robbed off the presidency and at last in death he was crowned '' the best president nigeria never had'' buhari has the political will to govern and lead this country right

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by killuminati(m): 7:49am On May 22, 2013
Buhari has nothing to do with Boko Haram! The BH isht started during PDP's Yar'adua's regime. In fact it was created by the PDP polithieftians and later fuckers lost control of their political thugs now water don pass Garri. So all the mumu idiots trying to link Buhari to BH are just wasting their miserable time! You guys and you dumb-ass Gej got nothing on Buhari, if y'all think y'all do then tell your coward and clueless president to arrest him.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Blueboy0402: 7:53am On May 22, 2013
Why cant Buhari respect his old age? What is he looking for in Aso Villa? The truth is Buhari can NEVER and will NEVER rule this country again.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 8:04am On May 22, 2013
Buhari's insanity has developed into full blown madness. In other world Buhari is schizofernicalicaly trumbolistic with an incapacitanibolical ara na agbaagba that has iberiribericantfull induced his brain of bloodness. #My two kobo# JTF should bomb Buhari's house because is smelling Boko Haram boko haram

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by slimghost(m): 8:09am On May 22, 2013
SMH for this old bigot! Well we are waiting for you come 2015! Shameless Boko haram Sympathizer.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Gboliwe: 8:11am On May 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Only a no-hoper will entrust his or her 4 years into the hand of an old, backward looking...and not so literate elderly man in this jet age.

If you are less than 50 years old and now believe that Buhari is what Nigeria need at this time in her development...I SMH for you.
i hope this your post is not protected by copyright law?
i dont want to be accused of plagiarism cheesy

@topic, nothing good ever comes from the devil. Buhari is the devil we know and see in this country. The evil man

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by tomakint: 8:24am On May 22, 2013
Resign? To where? How? Why? Buhari has gone senile eventually!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 8:30am On May 22, 2013
You all can now see why some of opposed Buhari with everything we got.

Let me also say this:
2015 is a do or die year for them, no sane person should treat their threats with kid gloves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by tomakint: 8:31am On May 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Buhari is losing his senses.....why is he always so ready to defend BH at every opportunity without ever coming out to condemn them when they go on their killing spree of innocent people.

With all sense of responsibility in me..I dare to say that Buhari is a BH apologist and probably one of its closet supporter and sponsor.

The Buhari fans can haul all the personal insults at me....the only thing I will do is to report them to the mods. No need exchanging insults with "em.
Oh my God, shocked shocked did ilugunboy just said this? Now we are getting somewhere...this is a good one from my homeboy even though we are no longer on talking terms undecided but I must admit, ilugunboy is right on this one wink

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prepare For Ransom: Bandits Tell Family Of Man Kidnapped In Kaduna Train Attack / Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off / National Assembly 2016 Constituency Projects Allocation [infographic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.