Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Contraceptive Controversy! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Contraceptive Controversy! (936 Views)

Aspirin(alabukun,karaole)as Contraceptive Drug. / Contraceptive Injection For Men Available In 5 Years / Contraceptive Pills, Advantages And Side Effects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contraceptive Controversy! by fortunes05(m): 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2008
Would you introduce contraceptives to your 15-year-old daughter?
Re: Contraceptive Controversy! by OgaMadam(f): 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2008
Its a hard one.

Cause in one shot you are giving her a licence to go and "do the deed", but then if you dont, what if she falls pregnant.

Remember apart from contraceptive she needs condoms, cause use of contraceptive may lull her into thinking she is safe - When
the greatest enemy is not even pregnancy but STDs.

I have also heard that girls that use contraceptive too soon, or for too long - can have trouble conceiving later. All those eggs they kill.

YOU KNOW WHATS BEST? LEAVE HER BODY BE. LET HER BODY DO AND GROW ITSELF NATURALLY WITHOUT ANY SEXUAL INTERRUPTION.
Re: Contraceptive Controversy! by TOYOSI20(f): 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2008
No way!
Re: Contraceptive Controversy! by Fancier(f): 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2008
its better you educate her yourself than allow other people outside there give her the wrong notion about sex and contraceptive. educate her about S.T.Ds also so she will know about the dos and don't about sex rather than leave her 2 the fate of those peers outside there. as far as am concern its already getting too late coz my own case i was taught at 9. and i think you should just start straight away, coz you dont know what she has been told or taught experimentally allready, be fast and you'll never regret it she will also be happy 2 have you as a mum an have a upper hands over her peeers, cheerrrs
Re: Contraceptive Controversy! by Dreloaded(f): 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2008
OgaMadam:

I have also heard that girls that use contraceptive too soon, or for too long - can have trouble conceiving later. All those eggs they kill.

Ignorance is such a nasty diease.
Re: Contraceptive Controversy! by kathyekiti: 12:38am On May 09, 2008
Yes, she can use OCPs, no, they do not KILL eggs or affect fertility, age does that. Yes, she should be well educated and told to use a condom to prevent sexually transmitted infections.
Re: Contraceptive Controversy! by spoilt(f): 3:22am On May 09, 2008
no
Re: Contraceptive Controversy! by reindeer: 9:23pm On May 09, 2008
What?
believe me at that age, she probably has done it already and can give you lectures on sexual issues! The best thing is just to educate her fast as possible, I dont suscribe to handing CD's to kids anyway, it'll only make em want to experiment. Nevertheless, its quite important for you to be her confidant then you can modify her actions , be her friend, If she comes to you about the question, be frank about sex and tell her to wait for the right time.(as if you the mother did!) cheesy
Re: Contraceptive Controversy! by nkc(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2008
mba

(1) (Reply)

Cancer On The Loose / How 2 Cure Stretch Marks / Remedy For High Blood Pressure Plzz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.