Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter (14091 Views)

Pastor Rejects GEJ Trekker In Kwali / A Police Out Station In Kwali-abuja / We Are Ready To Fight Boko Haram - Female Hunter, Ladi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 22, 2013
Learnt about her in our Fine Arts class in JS classes. Ben Enweonwu, Bruce Onabrekpeya, yusuf grillo, Demas Nwoko, Uche Okeke. It was fun n educative then, have forgotten d name of dat FINE ARTS TEXTBOOK sha

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 22, 2013
worthy to be celebrated, a role model any day! her good works and sweat speak for her unlike what we have these days whereby characters mount bill boards, pay for newspaper space etc to tell us about their achivemnt! (looking at a breathe of fresh air poster)

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by dplomaticVal: 12:18pm On May 22, 2013
Gud
A
Project
Topic
angry
Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by meemmy2k: 12:28pm On May 22, 2013
We neeed more write ups like this. Knowledge of our history is fast eroding. I'm sure the present secondary school students won't have heard of her name. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by lafuria1(m): 12:38pm On May 22, 2013
Ok, I admit, final learnt something interesting and valuable from nairaland since the beginning of this year. Kudos to the poster.
Heard the name ladi kwali but never actually knew who she was. One doesn't know everything.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by lafuria1(m): 12:38pm On May 22, 2013
. D. Post.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 22, 2013
Nice one! \well done! smiley

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by dadicvila(m): 1:35pm On May 22, 2013
Very eductaive thread....OP please keep it up

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by powerblaze(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2013
OAM4J: Sorry , AntiSpambot mistook your post for spam and banned you. Freed now.

@Topic

Another interesting one! Keep it up

You should pay for damages!

Amazing history lesson! Unfortunately, N one wants to work hard for their game these days. Everyone's looking for the easy way out.. On top of that, ppl are celebrated for posing nude now.... Strange world

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by Abiyamo: 2:28pm On May 22, 2013
Thanks a lot, Boss! I was confused thinking I'll wait till tomorrow again...lol! And thank you very much with the post, I am very grateful indeed wink
OAM4J: Sorry , AntiSpambot mistook your post for spam and banned you. Freed now.

@Topic

Another interesting one! Keep it up
Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by Abiyamo: 2:32pm On May 22, 2013
Yes, but changed my name to a 'toosher' one...lol!
kakakibuy: @ op. Nice piece. Are you the same as Iyaniwura?
Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by Abiyamo: 2:33pm On May 22, 2013
You want me to have hydrocephalus shey....lol! Thanks a lot, ayam flattered smiley
tomakint: Please Oluwaseun Osewa I, Tomakint, tearfully cry cry request that you make '' a Moderator with immediate alacrity or else what happened in 1936 will repeat itself here angry , you are beautiful, I love your creativity kiss

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by Abiyamo: 2:36pm On May 22, 2013
Please keep it up, impossible is nothing and your best is yet to come smiley
Onegai: Excellent post. I'm hoping to learn Lost Wax casting, which is indigenous to my area. Would love to go to Benin to learn it, but security is bad. I'm making stuff out of paper though.
Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by Abiyamo: 2:46pm On May 22, 2013
Maybe it was Emu Ogumor because these people you mentioned were there, we used that...lol! Yeah, fun and really educative days smiley
click2cbn: Learnt about her in our Fine Arts class in JS classes. Ben Enweonwu, Bruce Onabrekpeya, yusuf grillo, Demas Nwoko, Uche Okeke. It was fun n educative then, have forgotten d name of dat FINE ARTS TEXTBOOK sha
Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by tomakint: 2:56pm On May 22, 2013
Abiyamọ: You want me to have hydrocephalus shey....lol! Thanks a lot, ayam flattered smiley
Hydrocephalus bi ti bawo? Nothing do you, Seun is seriously considering my request! wink
Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by opendo21(m): 12:00am On May 23, 2013
Am I the only one noticing the original picture used for the 20 naira note. Abeg @op where u see that picture. Downloading with immediate alacrity. Great job , from a devoted fan.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by Abiyamo: 12:21am On May 23, 2013
This is the GIF format, check the site (.com) for the larger and high-quality JPEG format complete with references and photographer. Thank you plenty plenty for your support. I appreciate you a lot! smiley
opendo21: Am I the only one noticing the original picture used for the 20 naira note. Abeg @op where u see that picture. Downloading with immediate alacrity. Great job , from a devoted fan.
Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by pink4: 6:29am On May 23, 2013
thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter by marjo: 1:10pm On May 23, 2013
Very interesting topic. takes me back to the days when i actually learnt new things by visiting nairaland. I always wondered who Ladi Kwali was. I even thought it was a man and i never really took note of the woman at the back of the N20 note. i looked at it whilst reading sha. Nice write up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Has Saved APC – Shehu Sani Reacts To Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation / Saraki should Resume His Duties and Stop Campaigning for PDP – Labour Leader / Dr Dikko Umaru Rada Wins APC Gubernatorial Primary In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.