Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... (38840 Views)

Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals 2011 / Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals 2010 / Tennis: ATP Tournaments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dammybravo(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2013
Its the second grand slam of the year here again, on the clay court and the defending champion for roland garros is rafa nadal who defeated novak djokovic last year.....rafa nadal has already gotten into 8finals in 8 tournaments since his last comeback from injury, so he is probably the favorite for roland garros also being the best player on clay court, novak djokovic won the first grand slam of the year defeating the british andy murray...

For Today in french open 2013, its still the qualifying rounds with Wozniacki, Tommy Haas, Tipsarevic all in action today
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dominique(f): 10:24pm On May 22, 2013
Will be rooting for Serena and Rafa all tha way smiley
I also have my eye on sloane stevens (the babe that knocked serena out in the Aussie open). Hope she qualifies.

1 Like

Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Thorpe85(f): 9:17pm On May 23, 2013
hi guys, i also wanted to say that since andy murray pulled out of french open, Rafa will b d 3rd seed , which means that only one person btw Rafa and Djokovic can get to the final. 2013 french open will b interesting, lets nt forget abt the dark horses, guys that can cause upsets.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dammybravo(m): 11:09pm On May 23, 2013
As for the seeding, there will be a draw tomorrow friday.... During the draw, it will be decided whether the first seeded novak djokovic will play 3rd seeded rafa nadal or 4th seeded david ferrer...Similarly, it will be done for the 2nd seeded roger federer too, he is gonna play either rafa nadal or david ferrer in semi finals....
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dammybravo(m): 12:12pm On May 24, 2013
So the draw is out.... The first seeded player which is novak djokovic will play Rafa Nadal in the semi finals if things work out for both of them, and second seeded Reger Federer gets to play David Ferrer in the semis...
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by mystikal(m): 2:52pm On May 24, 2013
Good times are here again, bleep BBA Chase.

Rafa Nadal is back- with a vengeance too.
He has timed his return to perfection; Few will bet against the Spaniard picking up title number eight at Roland Garros- in just nine attempts.

The natural question arises: Who can dethrone Rafa? And there’s a pretty straightforward answer to that- Novak Djokovic.

Roger Federer played some good tennis in Rome, but the manner of his capitulation against Nadal makes him an unlikely pick for the title. I have never really given this dude much credit, he came from a different era of tennis from the Djokers and the Rafas, and he has been the one that has had to adjust the hardest to the present era tennis. He is a great player however in his twilight, most of my buddies never agree with me on this.

David Ferrer will huff and puff around the baselines, but his lack of a major offensive weapon will leave him at the mercies of the top guys in the latter stages of the competition.

Outside the top four seeds, Berdych has got one or two big wins in him in 2013, like the one against Djokovic in Rome, but to win Roland Garros, Berdych will have to string more than one or two big wins together. That is almost impossible. Then there is my boy Tsonga, love how he moves with such body weight. None of the favorites will fancy an early collision with Stanislas Wawrinka. The young generation will be spearheaded by Dimitrov and Jerzy Janowicz, and their time will come -but not now. Anderson, the South African, has been my most improved tennis player recentlty

Logic suggests that Serena should win the French Open, but logic rarely works with Serena at Roland Garros. Or how do you explain a third round loss to Katarina Srebotnik in 2008, or more alarmingly, a first round loss to Virginie Razzano last year. Not sure Serena herself can explain.

Should Williams falter again, then defending champion, Maria Sharapova (my fave by the way)will be ready to pounce but she will need to work big time on her footwork. So will Victoria Azarenka, who should be fresher than most having sat out a good part of the season because of a spate of injuries. Vika is not exactly your clay court demon, but she showed enough in Rome to suggest that she could well be a big factor in Paris.

Of the outsiders, Na Li has done nothing on clay this year, but she can never be overlooked in Grand Slams these days, Sam Stosur and her kick serves and Nadal-esque forehands will be dangerous; and Errani and Petra Kvitova can always smack a ball.I suspect Agniezka Radwanska will dissappoint in this tournament. I had long given up on Wozniacki; the babe too fall my hand. Laura Robson and Sloane Stephens, worth the watch.

So let the good times roll. Team #Djokovic and #Tsonga by the way. For the Ladies #Sharapova #Li Na #Errani

1st round matches to look out for

Wozniaki v Robson

Berdych v Monfils
Simon v Hewitt
Paire v Baghdatis

2 Likes

Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Tolexander: 3:10pm On May 24, 2013
King of clay all the way!

Can't wait to see you winning the roland garros again!
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Thorpe85(f): 3:20pm On May 24, 2013
i'm excited abt this draw, i knew only one person can get to the final btw Rafa and Djokovic. For me, i tink the two guys that can also cause an upset are Ernests Gulbis and Milo Raonic.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by mystikal(m): 3:31pm On May 24, 2013
Thorpe85: i'm excited abt this draw, i knew only one person can get to the final btw Rafa and Djokovic. For me, i tink the two guys that can also cause an upset are Ernests Gulbis and Milo Raonic.

He will have to do better than he did against Kohlschreiber in the first round in Rome
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Thorpe85(f): 7:44pm On May 24, 2013
mystikal:

He will have to do better than he did against Kohlschreiber in the first round in Rome
i know but on a good day when he is really playing, he can disturb anyone on tour.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dammybravo(m): 7:53am On May 25, 2013
The two guys I think might cause an upset are Dimitrov and Nishikori....And for my favorite, I've and will always be a ROGER FEDERER fan at any tournament...
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Santino1(m): 4:36pm On May 25, 2013
Here we go again with the two weeks marathon.

Unfortunately Andy (not that he's a great threat on clay anyways) and Delpo are out. As a Fedite, I'd like to see the Djoker in the final but on clay, you can't bet against an in-form Rafa and not on the red dirts of Roland Garros for that matter.

On the ladies front, one word: #TeamSugarpova.

will be an interesting two weeks.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Santino1(m): 4:40pm On May 25, 2013
mystikal:

Like seriously? People still tip Raonic and Tomic for non ATP250 events these days?

If there will be any surprises, I'd expect Jazzman (Jerzy Janowsic), Ernests Gulbis and Grigor Dmitrov. Ofcourse that's excluding the 'non fab four' heavyweights like Berdych, Ferrer, Tsonga and the likes
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by mystikal(m): 11:06pm On May 25, 2013
Glad to have you around Santino1, team sugapova all the way bro.

I am not the one who tipped the canadian to spring surpsrises o, that's d poster above me. as far as I am concerned I would be impressed if he goes beyond d 3rd round.

Pova need to work big time on her footwork more than ever tho.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Santino1(m): 11:31pm On May 25, 2013
Good to be here bro, I'm sure you've been holding up pretty much alright.

Yeah,I know you didn't tip him, I was just trying to drive home your point.

Yes oo, big time. With Serena smoking hot and Vika peaking at Rome (just at the right moment after an injury lay-off), Sugarpova must do something extra to retain Roland Garros, plus she's coming back from virus infection.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by fredoooooo: 11:38pm On May 25, 2013
soccer season almost finish, tennis is here ..,yipeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Afam4eva(m): 12:10pm On May 26, 2013
I hope Djikovic and Serena win it for the men's and women's category respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Sezua(m): 12:16pm On May 26, 2013
Ohhh...i looovvveeeee d roland garros
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 26, 2013
just want to comment make e no be like say I dey dull.

up tennis! grin
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 26, 2013
Tennis and Formula One to come shortly... Yes boss!
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 26, 2013
Imanuelle: just want to comment make e no be like say I dey dull.

up tennis! grin
Up tennis! Lol
Rooting for Nadal and Serena.

1 Like

Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by mystikal(m): 12:52pm On May 26, 2013
Greyfog: Tennis and Formula One to come shortly... Yes boss!

Monaco grand prix with its metallic fences that makes overtaking so darn difficult.
Thorpe85: i know but on a good day when he is really playing, he can disturb anyone on tour.

He's won his game convincingly

Gilles Simon struggling massively against the veteran hewitt. Serena bullying some girl out there.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 26, 2013
mystikal:

Monaco grand prix with its metallic fences that makes overtaking so darn difficult.

Yeah it will probably be boring over the course of the race. But I'm looking forward to lights out.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by daviide: 1:05pm On May 26, 2013
Nadal is definitely the best for clay court but am not ruling djikovic out yet I think with wat he's bn able to pull so far he'll make it to the finals ..its gonna be a nadal-djikovic
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by ginnyluv(f): 1:07pm On May 26, 2013
rooting seriously for djokovic and serena.

1 Like

Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Thorpe85(f): 1:23pm On May 26, 2013
rooting for Rafa and serena.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by ZACHIE: 1:38pm On May 26, 2013
Federer playing at the moment and he is `shining`
Let him shine all the shine he wants to shine now, when the men come, there will be no time left to shine anyhow...
#TeamNadal
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by fuckluv(f): 1:57pm On May 26, 2013
I've always rooted for federer in any tournament, but with the style with which Nadal defeated him in Rome; i've lost hope in him angry Frankly speaking, nadal is d bomb! Djokovic is his only rival here and i believe he'll defeat him just as he did to him in d last french open. Then he will clinch the open-era record eighth title.

Go Nadal!

Advice to federer, make im go rest cos this humiliation too much.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by oshorlabyC(m): 2:12pm On May 26, 2013
I really want Federer to win at least a grang slam more b4 he retires,hez form ryt now tho is nothing near djokovic and rafa 's ,I still won't right him off
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Nuzo1(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2013
Roland Garros; my most favorite tennis tournament is here again!

Unlike in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s; the ratings and hypes for female tennis players have gone almost as high as their male counterpaarts these days. It has to be a combination of hardwork, equal tournament pay and of course the sexiness. cool undecided

Recently, I've come to realize how much I've falling in love with Miss Shaparova. Her fighting spirit, humility, athletism, height and sexiness does it for me.

However, I will be rooting for Rafa and my girl Serena only on the grounds that she works harder than any female tennis player I've seen. Not forgeting the moans and skimpy dresses. Classic! shocked

That being said, any little opportunity I get to watch TV....I will give more veiwing time to Big Brother Africa (The Chase) angry
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by biolabee(m): 2:15pm On May 26, 2013
fredoooooo: soccer season almost finish, tennis is here ..,yipeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

fredoo... the badooo... we meet again
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by oshorlabyC(m): 2:19pm On May 26, 2013
fuckluv: I've always rooted for federer in any tournament, but with the style with which Nadal defeated him in Rome; i've lost hope in him angry Frankly speaking, nadal is d bomb! Djokovic is his only rival here and i believe he'll defeat him just as he did to him in d last french open. Then he will clinch the open-era record eighth title.

Go Nadal!

Advice to federer, make im go rest cos this humiliation too much.
hazzziiinnn,I was really disappointed,rafa is just coming back nio,I wonder what he'll do at his best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

Lewandowski Beats Ronaldo And Messi To 2020 FIFA Best Men's Player Award / Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay / Juventus Appoint Andrea Pirlo As New Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.