Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... (38888 Views)

Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals 2011 / Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals 2010 / Tennis: ATP Tournaments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 2:06pm On May 27, 2013
That is one Really bizarre signature you have in your profile Atm^
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dammybravo(m): 3:14pm On May 27, 2013
Rafa Nadal defeated Brands after a set down 4-6 7-6 6-3 6-2

Li na, Wozniacki all progressed to next round
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by FullStop1: 3:33pm On May 27, 2013
Nadal is really the man to beat after surviving the match against Brands....God, i was scared at some point for him. Brands was unfortunate to have met Nadal in the early stage of the tournament and I see successful career ahead of him.

Novak and Serena all the way!!!
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dammybravo(m): 5:51pm On May 27, 2013
Gasquet just defeated Sergiy Stakhovsky 6-1 6-4 6-3

Maria Sharapova beats Hseih 6-2 6-1
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by fredoooooo: 7:37pm On May 27, 2013
monfils just beat berdych shocked shocked
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Thorpe85(f): 7:48pm On May 27, 2013
Geal Monfils, what a win.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by FullStop1: 7:54pm On May 27, 2013
That was some marathon between Monfis and Berdych.....good win for monfis!
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Santino1(m): 9:34pm On May 27, 2013
FullStop.:
That was some marathon between Monfis and Berdych.....good win for monfis!
Best tennis of the Roland Garros so far... One of Fed's nightmare just gone.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Mikel276: 8:26am On May 28, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
German Chick Fuqqing with my mind ova here........

I sincerely apologize to all my Darkskin Queens who read my timeline incognito.....

But I swear Tah Gawd this White Biitch is the Truth...

Tennis Association should allow her to Legally Juice

I don't see Serena winning on Clay Honestly.
Which planet are you on,serena has been smoking off everyone on clay this year,ask Azaranka and Sharapova,they will tell you better.
Mens Side...well we all Know.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by vandarsar(m): 10:35am On May 28, 2013
11 years ago, that could be even more reason why she has to win this. No doubt she's got the quality to reach at least final if she really goes for it.

But its no news these tennis players, especially the successful one prioritize which grandslam they want to win..... I believe Serena will prefer winning a wimblodon to a roland gaross, just as he will prefer the US open to all of them.....

ladeski: im not so sure about Serena. shes only won 1 French open title for a reason.and that was 11 years ago !
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dominique(f): 10:47am On May 28, 2013
Thorpe85: Geal Monfils, what a win.

That's got to be the first upset in the male category, fifth seed loosing to the injury prone Frenchman.
Not much is happening right now cos of rain.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by phurlabby(m): 12:22pm On May 28, 2013
#teamNole and Serena all the way but for some reason they never seem to win at the same event.... Coincidence? angry I hope Rafa and Nole do give us a good semi n No1e kicks his butt in the "so-called" dry conditions....
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by phurlabby(m): 12:27pm On May 28, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-V-1lpTyw59A/UHg3tWW5dQI/AAAAAAAAXQE/sHe8C7XoUlQ/s1600/Angelique+Kerber+Cool+HD+Wallpaper+2012+01.jpg[/img]

[color=#000099][i]Man I swear tah god that Blue eyed Blonde Haired White Devil Angelique..is a Bad Chick......

As the Black Sister would ignorantly say......

"And I don't even do white women"......

She is pretty no doubt but Ivanovic is easily the prettiest (since Nicole Vaidisova) and her smile! K.O.

#TeamSerena still

Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Thorpe85(f): 12:44pm On May 28, 2013
dominique:

That's got to be the first upset in the male category, fifth seed loosing to the injury prone Frenchman.
i really dnt understand what is wrong with Berdych , one moment he is causing upset beating Djokovic and Tme next he is losing to a wild card entry Monfils rank 81. Not trying to take anything away from Monfils.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Santino1(m): 12:56pm On May 28, 2013
Thorpe85: i really dnt understand what is wrong with Berdych , one moment he is causing upset beating Djokovic and Tme next he is losing to a wild card entry Monfils rank 81. Not trying to take anything away from Monfils.

Not to discount Berdych's achievement but the ranking usually don't tell the whole story... Gael Monfil is no push-over in tennis and as a matter of fact, he's had a more successful run at Roland Garros than Berdych (a la 2008 semi-finalist).
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Thorpe85(f): 1:04pm On May 28, 2013
dominique:

i really dnt understand what is wrong with Berdych , one moment he is causing upset beating Djokovic and Tme next he is losing to a wild card entry Monfils rank 81. Not to take anything away from Monfils.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Thorpe85(f): 1:17pm On May 28, 2013
Santino1:

Not to discount Berdych's achievement but the ranking usually don't tell the whole story... Gael Monfil is no push-over in tennis and as a matter of fact, he's had a more successful run at Roland Garros than Berdych (a la 2008 semi-finalist).
Berdych also got to FO semifinal(2010), Monfils is a bundle of energy, he can cover a court faster than most people on tour but he blows hot and cold. There is a reason he could only crack top 10 once(ranked 7 in 2011). That been said he was exceptional last nite.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by Santino1(m): 3:29pm On May 28, 2013
Thorpe85: Berdych also got to FO semifinal(2010), Monfils is a bundle of energy, he can cover a court faster than most people on tour but he blows hot and cold. There is a reason he could only crack top 10 once(ranked 7 in 2011). That been said he was exceptional last nite.

By more successful run at Roland Garros, I meant he has made more deeper run than Berdych..aside 2010, Berdych has never progressed beyond the 4th round as compared to Monfil who was twice Q-Finalist. His 'blowing' hot and cold has more to do with injuries than his tennis though.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by ladeski: 3:36pm On May 28, 2013
fredoooooo: monfils just beat berdych shocked shocked
great win by monfils as berdych was one of the dangerous tips for the title.

however gael plays too many 5 setters

ultimately will be his undoing
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by ladeski: 3:40pm On May 28, 2013
Santino1:

By more successful run at Roland Garros, I meant he has made more deeper run than Berdych..aside 2010, Berdych has never progressed beyond the 4th round as compared to Monfil who was twice Q-Finalist. His 'blowing' hot and cold has more to do with injuries than his tennis though.

pls do not fail to add the following for reasons monfils blows 'hot and cold'

1. showboating
2. mental strength
3. killer instinct to finish off games
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by ladeski: 3:44pm On May 28, 2013
Thorpe85: i really dnt understand what is wrong with Berdych , one moment he is causing upset beating Djokovic and Tme next he is losing to a wild card entry Monfils rank 81. Not to take anything away from Monfils.

pls do not be deceived by the ranking, Goran Ivanisevic won Wimbledon in 2001. He was number 125th in the world. Also a wild card.

Monfils is talented. Also often injured, hence the ranking

Add loss of form as well when fit.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by ladeski: 3:55pm On May 28, 2013
vandarsar: 11 years ago, that could be even more reason why she has to win this. No doubt she's got the quality to reach at least final if she really goes for it.

But its no news these tennis players, especially the successful one prioritize which grandslam they want to win..... I believe Serena will prefer winning a wimblodon to a roland gaross, just as he will prefer the US open to all of them.....

you make it sound as if shes playing against herself and no competitors are opposite the net.

statistically clay has been her worst surface, not only FO

lets see how it goes
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by ladeski: 3:57pm On May 28, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Yohhh, Nadal has lost a ton of muscle definition in his Legs......

Definitely does not look up to par....the guy on my screen is not making it to the finals....

Clay God or Not.

His aggressive style and countless wars and epic rallies with federer ironically took more years off his career than it did to federer.

RaFa looks Ancient out here.......

I predict he will go out in the Semi Finals

Man back in the day this dude was Epic.....Pay Homage to a true Legend..
wanna bet bro?
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by mystikal(m): 3:59pm On May 28, 2013
Berdych Losing to Monfils isn't a surprise. Asides his injuries, the frenchman is a very intense player, occasional showmanship and high-risk shotmaking has been his undoing sometimes. Would be interesting to see how he fares against Gulbis in next round.

Bad day for Berdych esp when he looked like he was playing his best tennis this year, he was unlucky to have such a tricky tie in the first round.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by fredoooooo: 4:15pm On May 28, 2013
mystikal: Berdych Losing to Monfils isn't a surprise. Asides his injuries, the frenchman is a very intense player, occasional showmanship and high-risk shotmaking has been his undoing sometimes. Would be interesting to see how he fares against Gulbis in next round.

Bad day for Berdych esp when he looked like he was playing his best tennis this year, he was unlucky to have such a tricky tie in the first round.

reason why i don't support him anymore. i see it as if he toy with my emotions.imagine this guy trying to hit a drop shot under his leg at match point . i will just faint angry grin
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by fredoooooo: 4:18pm On May 28, 2013
jj beat hantuchova in staright sets
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by mystikal(m): 6:16pm On May 28, 2013
Santino1:

Nice analysis by the way. The only part I disagree with is the Vika part...Vika is a threat to anyone, anyday and on any surface. Her return from injury has been pretty phenomenal. Take out Rena, she and sugarpova will win the next 10 slams

Hey Bro, seeing this late. Vika is no doubt a great player. I think she, williams and masha are 3 of the best right now. But I still maintain the clay court is her least favourite surface. Her best place in the French Open has been a quarter final place. But then again she is only 23, she is clearly a player on the up.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by mystikal(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2013
Goffin matching Djokovic at the moment, but i am pretty sure he'll be outdone soon.
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dammybravo(m): 7:04pm On May 28, 2013
Dimitrov, Tommy haas are both through to round2.......Novak Djokovic just had first set against Goffin in tiebreak, win 6-4 in 2nd set...Match almost over for goffin
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by dammybravo(m): 8:55am On May 29, 2013
Both Novak Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka went through to the next round last night
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by AlyricistLaura: 11:24am On May 29, 2013
phurlabby: Ivanovic is better [img]http://4.bp..com/-cwMH6BnCQvM/ThvxrG0OYvI/AAAAAAAABII/W1ZxWHE9SJI/s1600/ana-ivanovic.jpg[/img]

What?!?!.......Ill see your White Biitchh.......and Ill Raise You.......

::::~Angelique~:::: ♥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l80eiTmGbnY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FF ~ 1:30^
Re: Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD... by fredoooooo: 12:00pm On May 29, 2013
Aga , vicha and petra all through to the next round

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel Visits Vincent Enyeama In Ika (photo) / Super Eagles Hosted To Lunch At Ilashe During Boat Ride From Benin Republic / Corpse Of Amodu Shuaibu Arrives Okpella, His Home Town In Edo State For Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.