Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Car Theft On Increase In Abuja, Be Careful! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Theft On Increase In Abuja, Be Careful! (2020 Views)

Photo: Is This The Best Way Of Securing Your Car From Theft? / Toyota Cars To Be Careful About Buying / CAR THEFT On My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Theft On Increase In Abuja, Be Careful! by oloriooko(m): 4:38pm On May 22, 2013
i have heard about 15 car theft cases in Abuja and i witnessed 3 cases; one in Area 3, one in Dutse Alhaji and Maitama.

please every car owner should endeavor to ALWAYS lock the car with pedal lock (locally fabricated one preferably)or steering lock.

the one that happened in Maitama was a car hijacker case where about 3 guys with guy accosted my guy driving the new toyota corolla just given him same day at gun point. he struggled with them, got their gun and the guys took to their heels but one turned around and blindly shot at my guy. unfortunately, my guy caught a bullet with his thigh but is doing great now and has resumed.

please ensure to lock your car always no matter how short you will be away from it cos the one that happened at Dutse was the case of a woman who quickly dashed into the market to pick some food items and before she came back, her car disappeared.

NB: most of the cars stolen are Honda vehicles.
Re: Car Theft On Increase In Abuja, Be Careful! by bayour80: 11:10am On May 23, 2013
this is serious,despite all the checkpoints in abuja metropolis in the nite,God protect us,amen
Re: Car Theft On Increase In Abuja, Be Careful! by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 23, 2013
oloriooko: i have heard about 15 car theft cases in Abuja and i witnessed 3 cases; one in Area 3, one in Dutse Alhaji and Maitama.

please every car owner should endeavor to ALWAYS lock the car with pedal lock (locally fabricated one preferably)or steering lock.

the one that happened in Maitama was a car hijacker case where about 3 guys with guy accosted my guy driving the new toyota corolla just given him same day at gun point. he struggled with them, got their gun and the guys took to their heels but one turned around and blindly shot at my guy. unfortunately, my guy caught a bullet with his thigh but is doing great now and has resumed.

please ensure to lock your car always no matter how short you will be away from it cos the one that happened at Dutse was the case of a woman who quickly dashed into the market to pick some food items and before she came back, her car disappeared.

I have a case I'm presently standing in as a witness. I was taking a famliy member in her highlander from phase 2 site 1, Lagos street, kubwa to her office in February this year when I tried to stop and make some purchase. Some hausa boys who were already high on some cheap stuffs came surrounded the car and started to force the door handle inorder to gain access to the car and make away with it but a patrol team came as I raised alarm and chase them. One of the idiot was caught while 3 escaped. Kubwa and other satellite towns in abuja and its environs is now a den of car snatchers that perpetuate their ungodly acts in broad day light while armed. Pls fellow NL'ers DON'T leave any bag or valuable item in ur car when u are leaving the car when u visit a place that have securitymen pls be friendly and familiar with them n thus park ur car close to their vicinity, ALWAYS turn your steering till it locks, DON'T keep original document of ur car in the car instead makee copies of the document nd leave in the car, invest in a car tracking device (it baffles me why would a person invest 1million in a car yet ignore a valuable safety device of 100k approx.), invest in extra security locks such as steerting+ pedal locks, aftermarket immobilizers and car alarm systems, park ♈ōϋя̅ vehicles in lighted areas, when driving pls DON'T stop to pick up strangers and observe drivers in front, by ♈ōϋя̅ side and behind u f®я signs of danger, pls if possible avoid night/in desolate areas driving and if u must drive, carry an adult that u know very well, insure ur vehicle, most importantly Pray fervently that none of u or ♈ōϋя̅ family, friends, colleagues or luved ones fall victims. Thanks
Re: Car Theft On Increase In Abuja, Be Careful! by oloriooko(m): 7:54am On May 24, 2013
lomomike: I have a case I'm presently standing in as a witness. I was taking a famliy member in her highlander from phase 2 site 1, Lagos street, kubwa to her office in February this year when I tried to stop and make some purchase. Some hausa boys who were already high on some cheap stuffs came surrounded the car and started to force the door handle inorder to gain access to the car and make away with it but a patrol team came as I raised alarm and chase them. One of the idiot was caught while 3 escaped. Kubwa and other satellite towns in abuja and its environs is now a den of car snatchers that perpetuate their ungodly acts in broad day light while armed. Pls fellow NL'ers DON'T leave any bag or valuable item in ur car when u are leaving the car when u visit a place that have securitymen pls be friendly and familiar with them n thus park ur car close to their vicinity, ALWAYS turn your steering till it locks, DON'T keep original document of ur car in the car instead makee copies of the document nd leave in the car, invest in a car tracking device (it baffles me why would a person invest 1million in a car yet ignore a valuable safety device of 100k approx.), invest in extra security locks such as steerting+ pedal locks, aftermarket immobilizers and car alarm systems, park ♈ōϋя̅ vehicles in lighted areas, when driving pls DON'T stop to pick up strangers and observe drivers in front, by ♈ōϋя̅ side and behind u f®я signs of danger, pls if possible avoid night/in desolate areas driving and if u must drive, carry an adult that u know very well, insure ur vehicle, most importantly Pray fervently that none of u or ♈ōϋя̅ family, friends, colleagues or luved ones fall victims. Thanks

Thanks a mill for the loads of advise, quite enlightening and informative.
Now that many BH guys are on the run out of Borno state, some of them are already in Abuja, so please be extra cautious.
Re: Car Theft On Increase In Abuja, Be Careful! by haslaw(m): 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2022
oloriooko:
i have heard about 15 car theft cases in Abuja and i witnessed 3 cases; one in Area 3, one in Dutse Alhaji and Maitama.

Pls where can I get the pedal lock or steering lock in Abuja.
Re: Car Theft On Increase In Abuja, Be Careful! by Compliant(m): 2:15am On Apr 20, 2022
haslaw:

Pls where can I get the pedal lock or steering lock in Abuja.

Apo mechanic

Gudu tyre market

Kugbo market
Re: Car Theft On Increase In Abuja, Be Careful! by haslaw(m): 12:25am On Apr 21, 2022
Compliant:

Apo mechanic

Gudu tyre market

Kugbo market

Thanks so much.

Pls do you know how much I could get the locally made steering lock or pedal lock as I was told they are more realibale

(1) (Reply)

Peugeot 406 Spark Plug Issue (I Just Don't Know Again) / GAME OVER: Car That Charges In 60 Secs STUNS Big Oil Firm / Driving from Lagos to Abuja Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.