Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router (5005 Views)

MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help / Pls How Do I Install Mtn Hynet / Mtn Hynet--- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router by rexfada(m): 4:58pm On May 22, 2013
Please I need assistance here. I have an mtn hynet modem that I want to connect to a dlink 500N Router. I've tried every means within my disposal but i have not succeeded. I have read both devices' manuals over and over, downloaded videos from youtube, still unsuccessfull. I think the issue is with the mtn device, because I configured my router correctly, so i shouldnt experience any challenge when connecting the hynet. But when I connect the hynet with a switch (dlink), it connects perfectly and even supply internet to the router (cos the router is connected to the switch). But this is not the kind of connection I am looking for, I need the hynet to connect to the router cos I need to do port forwarding with the router. Please any idea on dealing with this issue is highly welcomed. Thanx brothers!
Re: Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router by samfibby(m): 10:49pm On May 22, 2013
See that the dlink router is changed to anything different from 192.168.1.1 to avoid ip conflict. Lets know de outcome.
Re: Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router by rexfada(m): 5:26am On May 23, 2013
Both IPs are different, the LAN IP of the hynet is 192.168.0.1 while that of the router is 192.168.0.2. The WAN IP of the hynet is a 10. IP with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255 (which I tink shouldnt av such subnet mask). So, I set the WAN IP of the router to dhcp (to get ip from the isp or hynet) cos since there's no static ip given by the isp, I can't just forge one ip and give to the wan side of the router.
Re: Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router by samfibby(m): 12:07pm On May 23, 2013
Done the same configuration with a tp-link usb router and had no issues.Try use a different subnet from your wan(mtn modem), say maybe 192.168.1.1 for your dlink router, so it appears you are routing from a different network to another instead of 192.168.0.2.

1 Like

Re: Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router by JUO(m): 1:30pm On May 23, 2013
these two are same
192.168.0.1 while that of the router is 192.168.0.2
it should be a different network entirely. e.g see attached pic

Re: Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router by samfibby(m): 7:08pm On May 23, 2013
From ur posts, the entire configuration is in place for a good connection. Try using a 3g usb modem for your internet connection.I can also suggest you do a ping trouble shoot, outcome could give a hint on the likely itch. Remember to disable the 3g usb interface when connection via the rj45 port and vice-cersa.
Re: Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router by rexfada(m): 7:13am On May 25, 2013
Thanx guys, av been able to get it working. My challenge now is to configure an ip camera for remote viewing. The router is a dlink dsr 500N while the camera is a dlink dsc 7110 camera and two mobotix cameras. I've been on it for over 2wks now, I've tried port forwarding on the router, yet it's been unsuccessful. Any help/idea is welcome.
Re: Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router by saleskara: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2015
D-link switches are great. They have released new models http://www.kara.com.ng/d_link
rexfada:
Please I need assistance here. I have an mtn hynet modem that I want to connect to a dlink 500N Router. I've tried every means within my disposal but i have not succeeded. I have read both devices' manuals over and over, downloaded videos from youtube, still unsuccessfull. I think the issue is with the mtn device, because I configured my router correctly, so i shouldnt experience any challenge when connecting the hynet. But when I connect the hynet with a switch (dlink), it connects perfectly and even supply internet to the router (cos the router is connected to the switch). But this is not the kind of connection I am looking for, I need the hynet to connect to the router cos I need to do port forwarding with the router. Please any idea on dealing with this issue is highly welcomed. Thanx brothers!
Re: Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
rexfada:
Thanx guys, av been able to get it working. My challenge now is to configure an ip camera for remote viewing. The router is a dlink dsr 500N while the camera is a dlink dsc 7110 camera and two mobotix cameras. I've been on it for over 2wks now, I've tried port forwarding on the router, yet it's been unsuccessful. Any help/idea is welcome.

What issue are you having with port forwarding atm?
Re: Connecting Mtn Hynet To A D-link Router by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2015
IS THERE ANYWAY TO BROWSE FREE ON MTN HYNET?

(1) (Reply)

SOLD❎❎❎ HP 15 TOUCH SMART 1GB AMD A10 Radeon R6 RED KEYBOARD LIGHT 1TB / 8GB RAM / Get Laptop Accessories At A Good Price / Dell Precision M4800 For Sale ...16gb Ram.. 500gb Hdd Quad Corei7 .. 2gb Radeon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.