Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

12salim's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 12salim's Profile / 12salim's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Music/Radio / Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by 12salim(m): 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
410- Think Again
Romance / Re: What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? by 12salim(m): 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2018
ImaIma1:
Many people debate on dis issue a lot. for some its ok but for some others its like "are u kidding me? No sex?!! so seriously what do u guys think about a relationship wit no sex?

Friendship.
Celebrities / Re: African Mentality Is Holding The Entire Continent Back - Dencia by 12salim(m): 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
mars123:
Take this woman serious at your own peril. Someone that is not even proud of the natural color of her skin. Her hobbies are sniffing coke and shaggin superstars...As for her message, it is devoid of common sense.

Precisely. Fake skin,fake hair,fake message.
Education / Re: Sad Realities Of The Modern World(pics) by 12salim(m): 2:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
Spacless:
As much as we try to ignore them, Here are 27 powerful images that demonstrate the Reality of the modern world and also shows how we are living in constant struggle, trying to reach a place above everyone else, by hook or by crook, but at the same time portraying the exact opposite.

So sad and so true. cry

1 Like

Romance / Re: Why All The Arrogant Guy, Usually Handsome.....?? by 12salim(m): 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Biafraqueen:
I've noticed most "handsome guys" tend to be very arrogant, at least around girls. Is the arrogance part of what is making these guys so attractive? Or is it just that hot guys tend to be arrogant and girls don't like it but will overlook the arrogance if the guys are hot?

Recently I've been watching lots of guys in the school laboratory. Many of my co female medics even said " i find the cockiness attractive" in the guys they like. Often the arrogant guys treat the girls very bad, they cheat on them, or they talk down to them, the girls complain and cry, then later on they go back to these arrogant guys.

On these shows also there's often shy, or nice guys. I think one such guy is Romeo, if you know the show. Well he's fairly good looking but not the cocky player some of the other guys are. The girls never like em type.

Now I know people will say these shows don't represent real life, but even in real life I see my fellow girls still going for the cocky, player types. I especially notice this in the "hot girl"

I don't like when guys are arrogant but some girls seem to go for them anyway.... Even my friends, when they're talking about some guy they like they'll talk about how he's such an ******* but but they'll hook up with him anyway. Then I see the shy, and often good looking guys, getting no action.

Arrogants attracts arrogant. ......both are synonymous with each other.
Now good looking guys here ,,why do you guys seems to adapt arrogant life style as a base logic for attracting hot girls.

Not knowing that what u really attract is just a mere hole that needs to be digged ..........

Well, i've never thought as myself being arrogant, but to each his own i guess... grin
Culture / Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by 12salim(m): 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
gregyboy:
I consider them fulanis and if they are really are they should come take thie brothers out of nigeria bubu and Fulani's have done enough alredy

LOL! grin grin
Culture / Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by 12salim(m): 10:03am On Jan 17, 2018
darlingtonNYIG:
I frown at the term "black" or "white" cos in actual sense, nobody is one of the two. That said, I think Somalians are actually Brown with a loosely kinky hair unlike the subsaharan Africans. One would say that the interbreeding with diverse Asian races centuries ago might have led to this as seen with the Jewish Ethiopians. the closeness with Arabian countries is a major contributor.

The fact is, the term black is a west social construct term to refer to people of african descent. So,in a white society,USA as an example, with you have african descent and it shows in your phenotypes, then you'll be considered black.
Culture / Re: Why Do All Blacks Have This Inferiority Complex In Them On The White Men by 12salim(m): 1:00am On Jan 16, 2018
gregyboy:
i am an half caste(brown) as Jamaica's may call it and when are seen as different race in jamaican we are highly segregated because of our light skin .
when I consider the social interactions in Jamaica. However, a form of racism, if I may use such a harsh word, exists in the Jamaican culture.
The thing is I have a fair complexion or what is locally known as "Browning" in Jamaica. The blessing and the curse. I must admit that this complexion does have it's advantages as the likkle high colour and pretty hair somehow makes you a bit more appealing to quiet a few girls and for some it gives that a boost up the corporate ladder. However, there is a price to pay for being a Browning .
"Brown man!"
One of the tortures I had to endure while growing up and still am enduring is constantly being called Brown man or
Browning . Some have even gone as far as calling me Mr. Chin ...note I am of Irish and Black decent, not Asian! I find it extremely annoying when I'm referred to as Brown man or Browning . It feels as if I'm being singled out for the colour of my skin. If you don't know my name, I'm ok with " young man " or "Yow my yute" or refer to be by the colour of my clothes. That's how a person of dark complexion calls to another dark person in Jamaica, why do I have to be referred to by the colour of my skin? I don't walk around calling to people as "Black man", "Black woman" or "Blackning "!
Yuh Rich
The one that really pisses me of the assumption that because I'm light skinned I have money. I call it the "Brown People Have Money Syndrome ". I will abbreviate it and call it BMS for the rest of this article (venting). It is a very common misconception among many Jamaicans, in other words many Jamaicans suffer from BMS. I face this almost every day, when I go about my own business in public.
I remember this incident some time ago. I just started working and I didn't have my car as yet, so I had to take public transportation to visit my mom back in Portland. I was on this mini bus, and if you have ever traveled on a mini bus (Mostly 15 seat, Toyota Hiace or the larger 20+ seat, Coaster) in Jamaica, yuh know it packer dan a sardine tin! There was this big fat woman beside me, taking up two persons seat, and squeezing the life out of me. As if that wasn't bad enough I had to drive through "The Junction " in St. Mary. The Junction is the most winding and treacherous road in Jamaica. Corners inside of corners, semi-loose rocks on one side of the road and precipices on the other side of the road. As the bus rocked to my side this fat woman attempted to crush me to death. So in an attempt to save my life, I used my elbow to gentle ease her up. She didn't like it and proceeded to cuss me out. " People like yuh nuh fi travel pon bus.. .” and the statement that took the cake, "... all if mi did brown like yuh mi woulda have mi own car. ..” How the hell the colour of my skin will magically allow me to have a car? I have to for a living just like any other Jamaican!
I find that in Jamaica there is a price for dark skinned people and a price for light skinned people. If I decide to buy something from some of the higglers who sell on the side of the road, I have to pay Brown Skin Tax (BST). Just because of the colour of my skin, some of these higglers think that I am rich. A few months ago I was searching for a dog tag (the chains soldiers wear), and asked the price and this man wanted to sell me a $300 dog tag for $600, "a wah tek dah fool yah ", I said to myself and walked off. Just a few days ago, a dumb ass self-proclaimed repairman claimed to have repaired my girlfriend’s fridge and because I was there, he wanted to charge $2000 fro diagnosing the problem (which he did not!) after telling her that it was $800. When she objected he proceeds to turn to me and say, " Brown skinned man like yuh a big monetary man, yuh must can tek care a di fee."
What di rass! Here we go again, another case of BMS.
Maybe racism is too much of a strong word, or call me overly sensitive, but I do face a form of discrimination here in Jamaica, due to the colour of my skin.and i also relate with other africans and it seems the same blacks against black,Black's against browns and white against Black's.and also the bleaching syndrome in blacks
sometimes i feel inferioty complex which has grown to be a mental slavery in every black.and i feel our big problem is not the white man but we ourself. pls comment your thought

This inferiority exist because the whites colonized Africa,Asia and the Americas, imposing their way of doing things upon us and thinking that it should have a special reason for them winning( Combine this with the age of Enlightment and Charles Darwin)over us. There you have it . With racists eugenics and All their white asama BS.
Sports / Re: Mainz Condemn Racial Abuse Of Balogun, Ujah By Hannover Fans by 12salim(m): 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
dasparrow:

Always ignore black folks who suffer from self hate and low self esteem. Funnily enough, no matter how much they take sides with bigoted white people, the white society will never accept them.

It does not matter if they live in Europe all their lives and speak through their nostrils like the white man does. They will never be accepted by the white race. And that frustrates self hating black folks so they come on Nairaland to vent out their frustrations.

Enekune dese alehe! You speak true and wisely bro! wink
Nairaland / General / Re: I’m Not A Racist- Donald Trump by 12salim(m): 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2018
Trump is just another white asama shermuta who thinks that he's better than everyone. angry
Culture / Re: Come Here Nigerians.... by 12salim(m): 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2018
axum:
I AM SORRY FOR TROLLING YOU GUYS, ALL THOSE YEARS AGO.
I HAVE RECEIVED ALOT OF PRIVATE MESSAGES THAT SOME PEOPLE NOW SUFFER FROM PTSD
AS A RESULT OF MY TROLLING. PLEASE KNOW I AM SORRY, DON'T TRY TO COME FOR MY ESTATE.

LONG LIVE THE FUFU NATION

Are you sick in the head wendem??
Culture / Re: Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth by 12salim(m): 12:47am On Jan 15, 2018
Moneyshah:
Ohhh horn Africans!!

A group of people who have nothing to show to the world because they have accomplished nothing on this planet full of resources, so in order to even be relevant they make millions of threads about how "BEAUTIFUL" they think they are. SATIRE

Nothing!?
The Aksumite Empire was nothing?

The Solomonic dynasty successfully fought off Italian and Ottoman forces.

We won the First Italo-Ethiopian War!Long be remembered the battle of Adwa,where we kicked their white asama ass off our Country!

Our History is Glorious and our People are great!

1 Like 1 Share

Nairaland / General / Re: Nigerian Women Vs Ethiopian Women by 12salim(m): 12:27am On Jan 15, 2018
Ethiopian Women by far IMO and If they are habesha it's a plus++.

1 Like

Culture / Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by 12salim(m): 12:15am On Jan 15, 2018
Somalis are black. Get over it.

1 Like

Culture / Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by 12salim(m): 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2018
Somali Christians are a rare sight, just like winning the lottery. grin grin
Romance / Re: Guess My Nationality Just By Looking At My Photo by 12salim(m): 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2018
Bakongo set
Culture / Re: The Yoruba And Other Canaanite/hebrew Israelites Of Nigeria by 12salim(m): 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2018
LOL! WTF did i just read. grin

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.