Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Do You Consider Somalis Black? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Consider Somalis Black? (11569 Views)

Somalis Rated #5 Best Looking People On Earth / Ethiopian Here: I Hate Somalis And Hear Me Out / What Race Are Somalis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Consider Somalis Black? by SomaliaGuy(m): 9:25am On Apr 01, 2016
I heard some people especially the Nigerians on here think we Somalis are black hahahaha grin

When we clearly are not Black. Somalis don't have Black features.

Somalis are Black/Brown skinned Caucasian AKA Cushitic Race.

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Taiwo20(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2016
Do you have any sis?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by SomaliaGuy(m): 9:35am On Apr 01, 2016
Taiwo20:
Do you have any sis?

Yes, why?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Taiwo20(m): 9:41am On Apr 01, 2016
SomaliaGuy:

Yes, why?

Cos I'm very single and I noticed Somalians are so cute.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by ShegeYorubawa: 9:42am On Apr 01, 2016
SomaliaGuy:

Yes, why?

I want to fukkk her with my negroid diCkkk.

How is Ajuran the somali troll?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 01, 2016
Somalians ke Somalaria ni

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 01, 2016
What is wrong with all these Somalis and their obsession over beauty?
Its getting quite ridiculous and immature.
We don't care about you all ok?

Be black or Caucasian, we simply don't just care!

6 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by SomaliaGuy(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2016
BaebieHot:
What is wrong with all these Somalis and their obsession over beauty?
Its getting quite ridiculous and immature.
We don't care about you all ok?

Be black or Caucasian, we simply don't just care!

I'm not asking if you care or not.

What i am asking is do u consider Somalis black coz most Nigerians think we are black lol.? It's either a Yes or No.

By the way When Nigerians or Blacks say Africa is a diverse continent, they mean Somalis and Ethiopians coz without us Blacks were Slaves.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
SomaliaGuy:

.....Somalis are Black/Brown skinned Caucasian AKA Cushitic Race.

Wait ....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

White people are Cushites? undecided
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by 12salim(m): 12:15am On Jan 15, 2018
Somalis are black. Get over it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by gregyboy(m): 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2018
Africa is a really diverse race continent

Like madagascar would pass for an asian person be it indian or chinesse they look more like them

West africans would pass for negriod australians in australia

North africa moroco and libyans would pass for Europeans and arabs

Somalian and Ethiopians would pass for Caribbean people or mullato

This why the white believes african is the home of all race

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 16, 2018
some of u are blacks.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by darlingtonNYIG(m): 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2018
I frown at the term "black" or "white" cos in actual sense, nobody is one of the two. That said, I think Somalians are actually Brown with a loosely kinky hair unlike the subsaharan Africans. One would say that the interbreeding with diverse Asian races centuries ago might have led to this as seen with the Jewish Ethiopians. the closeness with Arabian countries is a major contributor.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Olu317(m): 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
gregyboy:

Like madagascar would pass for an asian person be it indian or chinesse they look more like them

Adorable submission
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
darlingtonNYIG:
I frown at the term "black" or "white" cos in actual sense, nobody is one of the two. That said, I think Somalians are actually Brown with a loosely kinky hair unlike the subsaharan Africans. One would say that the interbreeding with diverse Asian races centuries ago might have led to this as seen with the Jewish Ethiopians. the closeness with Arabian countries is a major contributor.
Majority Somalia are dark skinned and they didn't interbreed with Asians some centuries ago or that much. Their trait is Cushite in specific and Afroasiatic in general.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by RedboneSmith(m): 7:07am On Jan 17, 2018
gregyboy:

A Madagascan cannot pass for an Indian or a Chinese, except to people who do not know what the different races look like.

And a West African sure as heck cannot pass for an Australian aborigine!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by 12salim(m): 10:03am On Jan 17, 2018
darlingtonNYIG:

The fact is, the term black is a west social construct term to refer to people of african descent. So,in a white society,USA as an example, with you have african descent and it shows in your phenotypes, then you'll be considered black.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 17, 2018
SomaliaGuy:
I heard some people especially the Nigerians on here think we Somalis are black hahahaha grin

When we clearly are not Black. Somalis don't have Black features.

Somalis are Black/Brown skinned Caucasian AKA Cushitic Race.

Somalian, the laziest set of immigrants in the UK.they breed like rats, they don't work and are the champions in claiming benefits.
Seriously apart from chewing Khat round the clock, breeding and claiming benefits, there's absolutely no damn use for your people. Mention one office in the UK where you will find a Somalian??.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by gregyboy(m): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
RedboneSmith:

A Madagascan cannot pass for an Indian or a Chinese, except to people who do not know what the different races look like.

And a West African sure as heck cannot pass for an Australian aborigine!

1—2 photos are Madagascan
3—4 photos are Australian negros

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by RedboneSmith(m): 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
gregyboy:

1—2 photos are Madagascan
3—4 photos are Australian negros

Madagascans are too dark-skinned to be Chinese-looking (thanks to their 50% black African DNA) , and too slint-eyed to be Indian-looking. A typical Indonesian cannot pass for Chinese, 'talk less of' a Madagascan.

Photo 3 is not an Australian aborigine. That's Don Cheadle, an African American actor.

Australian aborigines have very heavy brow ridges, broad heavy-looking faces and they don't have the kind of kinky hair West Africans have, some of them are even natural blondes. You can only mistake an Australian aborigine for a West African if you don't know the physical features to look out for.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by RedboneSmith(m): 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Australian aborigines.

Notice the hair texture, the brow ridges, the wide faces. Don't be entirely focused on skin colour. These people don't look West African.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by gregyboy(m): 2:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
RedboneSmith:

Madagascans are too dark-skinned to be Chinese-looking (thanks to their 50% black African DNA) , and too slint-eyed to be Indian-looking. A typical Indonesian cannot pass for Chinese, 'talk less of' a Madagascan.

Photo 3 is not an Australian aborigine. That's Don Cheadle, an African American actor.

Australian aborigines have very heavy brow ridges, broad heavy-looking faces and they don't have the kind of kinky hair West Africans have, some of them are even natural blondes. You can only mistake an Australian aborigine for a West African if you don't know the physical features to look out for.

Dont be dogmatic not all australians have blonde hair even our abinos have blonde hair with mutation or evolution if we west africans migrate to australisns we probably have that too.nevertheless am sorry if i narrowed madagascan to only chineese sorry my bad it should be asia as a continent if thake a good look at them you will see the third pics signifies a lighter Madagascar not only light skin but also the faces
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by RedboneSmith(m): 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2018
gregyboy:

Dont be dogmatic not all australians have blonde hair

Even after I said 'SOME', you still went ahead to say this?

Anyway, go to Australia and spend some time there. I guarantee you that nobody - not one person! - will ever mistake you for anything other than an African or a person of African descent. They know what Aborigines look like over there.

Madagascans are a mixture of people that came from Indonesia and Bantus from the African Mainland, so they fall in a spectrum: some are quite black, so black they are like regular Africans, some look like the basic blasian (black + Asian), and some (not a very big number) show a predominant Indonesian roots in their phenotype. Those are probably the ones you consider Chinese-looking. But trust me, Asians can tell the difference between southeast Asians (Filipinos, Indonesians, Vietnamese) and East Asians (Koreans, Northern Chinese, Mongolians). And your 'light-skinned' Madagascans will still have a hard time passing off as a Chinese. India is out of the question.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by gregyboy(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
RedboneSmith:

Even after I said 'SOME', you still went ahead to say this?

Anyway, go to Australia and spend some time there. I guarantee you that nobody - not one person! - will ever mistake you for anything other than an African or a person of African descent. They know what Aborigines look like over there.

Madagascans are a mixture of people that came from Indonesia and Bantus from the African Mainland, so they fall in a spectrum: some are quite black, so black they are like regular Africans, some look like the basic blasian (black + Asian), and some (not a very big number) show a predominant Indonesian roots in their phenotype. Those are probably the ones you consider Chinese-looking. But trust me, Asians can tell the difference between southeast Asians (Filipinos, Indonesians, Vietnamese) and East Asians (Koreans, Northern Chinese, Mongolians). And your 'light-skinned' Madagascans will still have a hard time passing off as a Chinese. India is out of the question.

u never made mention have some and your theory is wrong
africans have so many facial shape either round or slender the fulanis has curly hairs and light skin aint they african we have albinos with blonde hair ain they african we even have blacks with red hair ain they African's so what are you saying when is proven that Australians aborigines migrated from africa to australia hundreds of years back before the white came to settle there...
and again probably it would be that it was opposite the case for Madagascar's it could be them migrating to asia and formed a bigger colony leaving a smaller population behind africa really think of it researches have gone to say africa started all race with no exclusion of Madagascar and you are hear saying trash of what you didnt reaserch for
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Olu317(m): 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
gregyboy:

Dont be dogmatic not all Australians have blonde hair even our abinos have blonde hair with mutation or evolution if we west africans migrate to australisns we probably have that too.nevertheless am sorry if i narrowed madagascan to only chineese sorry my bad it should be asia as a continent if thake a good look at them you will see the third pics signifies a lighter Madagascar not only light skin but also the faces
You are correct to affirm to it that West African people could be compared as well with Aboriginal Australians. One of the greatest mistakes of researchers are the tendencies in quick submission on issues that are of diverse aboriginal people such as Australians case. Despite the fact that these people were oppressed ,researches have proven beyond any doubts about these set of people being the first occupants of Australia
Below are pictures of Aboriginal Australians that look like some West Africans

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by gregyboy(m): 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
Olu317:
You are correct to affirm to it that West African people could be compared as well with Aboriginal Australians. One of the greatest mistakes of researchers are the tendencies in quick submission on issues that are of diverse aboriginal people such as Australians case. Despite the fact that these people were oppressed ,researches have proven beyond any doubts about these set of people being the first occupants of Australia
Below are pictures of Aboriginal Australians that look like some West Africans

This what am telling Redbonesmith
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Olu317(m): 11:21pm On Jan 17, 2018
gregyboy:

This what am telling Redbonesmith
You think people like to concede to defeat? It is only Yoruba that don't condone such because if a Yoruba does good and showed an Outstanding characteristics, we naturally will say “ That's omo Yoruba atata ." And when Yoruba person showed a callous and deceitful attitude, we also say, “ Yoruba ni yèn." Unlike some people that sees everything good about their own people and no single bad thing could come out of them. Let him not believe . The reality is that the truth is there to shut them. I am sure nearly all of them thought the statue of ori olokun being displayed everywhere as the symbol of so many things associated with south west and mid west in the the past came out from Bini. Ignorance is a disease. Sorry is their case!
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by gregyboy(m): 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
Olu317:
You think people like to concede to defeat? It is only Yoruba that don't condone such because if a Yoruba does good and showed an Outstanding characteristics, we naturally will say “ That's omo Yoruba atata ." And when Yoruba person showed a callous and deceitful attitude, we also say, “ Yoruba ni yèn." Unlike some people that sees everything good about their own people and no single bad thing could come out of them. Let him not believe . The reality is that the truth is there to shut them. I am sure nearly all of them thought the statue of ori olokun being displayed everywhere as the symbol of so many things associated with south west and mid west in the the past came out from Bini. Ignorance is a disease. Sorry is their case!

I personally will accept my defeat in an argument quickly in other not to give my arguer a second thought of whats is right

And sheeples which he misguided today gave him likes sometimes i want to see who is behind those likes or if they hacked it.because some post that get much likes here on no baffles me
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Olu317(m): 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
gregyboy:

I personally will accept my defeat in an argument quickly in other not to give my arguer a second thought of whats is right

And sheeples which he misguided today gave him likes sometimes i want to see who is behind those likes or if they hacked it.because some post that get much likes here on no baffles me
You will be misled if you follow likes on this section in NL because many of the likes are borne out of pride and not because of accurate or near accurate information but mere, hatred for the truth . You don't need to bother yourself because some people are more ignoramus than the ignorant.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by RedboneSmith(m): 6:05am On Jan 18, 2018
The two of you are really funny uninformed people. Wallahi. Gregyboy didn't know Madagascans are part-Indonesian (something that is common knowledge), and Olu posted pictures of long curly-haired darkies with very characteristically Australoid faces and said they look West African. Only the last guy playing the dridge looks West African in the picture. That is what is called an outlier, and they exist in all racial groups. The second to last guy wearing an earring has an ambiguous look too, but expert eyes can quickly pick out the aboriginal features of his face and categorise him accordingly.

If you had said the people of Papua New Guinea or the Andaman Islands look West African, it would have been a different matter. But Australian Aborigines? Everyone who has the least acquaintance with them knows they are a distinct racial group and have a distinct look.

Anyway, Olu is someone I have learnt not to take seriously; his brain may be touching a little bit. Just look at how he launched into a completely unrelated diatribe about Yoruba and Benin here --- Like how the fück is that even related to the topic at hand?? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Olu317(m): 7:14am On Jan 18, 2018
RedboneSmith:
The two of you are really funny uninformed people. Wallahi. Gregyboy didn't know Madagascans are part-Indonesian (something that is common knowledge), and Olu posted pictures of long curly-haired darkies with very characteristically Australoid faces and said they look West African. Only the last guy playing the dridge looks West African in the picture. That is what is called an outlier, and they exist in all racial groups. The second to last guy wearing an earring has an ambiguous look too, but expert eyes can quickly pick out the aboriginal features of his face and categorise him accordingly.

If you had said the people of Papua New Guinea or the Andaman Islands look West African, it would have been a different matter. But Australian Aborigines? Everyone who has the least acquaintance with them knows they are a distinct racial group and have a distinct look.

Anyway, Olu is someone I have learnt not to take seriously; his brain may be touching a little bit. Just look at how he launched into a completely unrelated diatribe about Yoruba and Benin here --- Like how the fück is that even related to the topic at hand?? undecided
Why do you not take time to study before jumping into conclusion. Has OLU317 become a thorn in your flesh? Once you have been outwitted, you result to insult. Anyway,this is 21st century, I will look at your opinion and move on. However, I chose to respond to you because you mentioned my name on this post. Again and again, you blundered because apart from genetic factors many can be reasons , to hair's differential look. You need to grapple up with my type. And I wish you knew and well traveled within West Africa. In fact some Ibos, Yoruba, Fons, ,Hausa, Gambari, Kanuri, Kalabari (Calabar), Bambara , Dialonke, Dyula ,Malinke , Mandinka , Mende, Soninke, and Susu), Fulani (also called the Peul , nomadic cattle herders ), can have this look as factors of intermarriages.
If you don't like it, just view it and move on instead of trying to curtail the truth.

What would have been the difference if chinua Achebe, Adewale Agbaje, Odunade Adekola, Chibuzor Nelson Azubuike(Phyno),Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta(Mali president) etc, if all of them left their beards?

Does this post look like Bini-Yoruba thread?
Haaaa, Ignorance has no PART 2
Re: Do You Consider Somalis Black? by Olu317(m): 8:07am On Jan 18, 2018
Two who left their beards in the uploaded photos can pass for aboriginal Australians.
Phyno and Wole Soyinka. This mean that West African can pass for these colour Aboriginal Australians.

The Catastrophic mindsets in the house need desist from these detestable information and be more proactive in informing well researched details because information is POWER.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos / Alaye Of Ayedun Ekiti Dies At 101 / Why You Cant Succeed In This Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.