Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,462 members, 7,861,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess (801 Views)

Pastor In Adultery Mess, Flees Housewife’s Home Unclad / The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) / I Don't Feel Like Going To Church: What's Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 23, 2013
I really do not understand what is happening to me this year. Everything seems to be going wrong for me esp academic wise. I am currently doing my postgrad and this year i feel like i do not have the motivation or passion for my course. It really is a challenge for me to study and am constantly feeling drowsy or i get ill. Migraines,stomach aches,body pains and recently acid reflux or just always something. I also cannot seem to concentrate for long. This is not me because i have never been this way before so i really do not know what to do anymore. I"ve spoken to a pastor about this before and have prayed for me but things have not really improved. Over the past year and a half i have not really been that strong in my faith such as praying regulary and going to church. I dunno what to do and where to start but i want to get closer to God, i want to have that fulfillin relationship with God because i know that i cannot go on like this anymore. All advice and prayers are welcome. Thanks
Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by AtheistD(m): 2:43pm On May 23, 2013
igbo_barbie: I really do not understand what is happening to me this year. Everything seems to be going wrong for me esp academic wise. I am currently doing my postgrad and this year i feel like i do not have the motivation or passion for my course. It really is a challenge for me to study and am constantly feeling drowsy or i get ill. Migraines,stomach aches,body pains and recently acid reflux or just always something. I also cannot seem to concentrate for long. This is not me because i have never been this way before so i really do not know what to do anymore. I"ve spoken to a pastor about this before and have prayed for me but things have not really improved. Over the past year and a half i have not really been that strong in my faith such as praying regulary and going to church. I dunno what to do and where to start but i want to get closer to God, i want to have that fulfillin relationship with God because i know that i cannot go on like this anymore. All advice and prayers are welcome. Thanks

Have you gone to a doctor and gotten a thorough assessment? Do that first. Then take a look at changes in your life etc. Focus, ambitions and dedication can be hard to maintain over legthy periods and we always go through periods of highs and lows. try not to allow that get you down. Also, how are you performing on the course? Are things on track or are you struggling a bit? In regards to results of course.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by DeepSight(m): 2:45pm On May 23, 2013
igbo_barbie: I really do not understand what is happening to me this year. Everything seems to be going wrong for me esp academic wise. I am currently doing my postgrad and this year i feel like i do not have the motivation or passion for my course. It really is a challenge for me to study and am constantly feeling drowsy or i get ill. Migraines,stomach aches,body pains and recently acid reflux or just always something. I also cannot seem to concentrate for long. This is not me because i have never been this way before so i really do not know what to do anymore. I"ve spoken to a pastor about this before and have prayed for me but things have not really improved. Over the past year and a half i have not really been that strong in my faith such as praying regulary and going to church. I dunno what to do and where to start but i want to get closer to God, i want to have that fulfillin relationship with God because i know that i cannot go on like this anymore. All advice and prayers are welcome. Thanks

1. Calm down.

2. Recognize WHO and WHAT you are. A Spirit being created by God, living in a finite life and realm.

3. Ask yourself what you want out of this life donated to you by God.

4. Ask yourself how you will achieve those objectives.

5. Collect yourself, and calmly create schedules and goals. Calmly, one step at a time go about these without panic or hurry.

6. See a Medical doctor about your aches and pains and tiredness. You may need some medical attention.

7. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by DrummaBoy(m): 2:49pm On May 23, 2013
Though coming from a so called Atheist I recommend the below option 100%. When you have done the natural, then you can begin to check out the spiritual.

Atheist:-D:

Have you gone to a doctor and gotten a thorough assessment? Do that first. Then take a look at changes in your life etc. Focus, ambitions and dedication can be hard to maintain over legthy periods and we always go through periods of highs and lows. try not to allow that get you down. Also, how are you performing on the course? Are things on track or are you struggling a bit? In regards to results of course.
Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 23, 2013
Hallo Igbo B,

It feels terrible...aint it? Do know that you won't be the first to have experienced this 'darkness' and neither will you be the last...

You should realize that life is not all rosy...the true test for one with character is his/her ability to keep it all together at those times when it seems almost impossible to continue...

I will advise that you take what you experience now as a challenge...each time you feel like not studying...that is exactly when you should study twice as hard...you feel like not praying?...then you pray even more...you feel that God is far?...that's when he is closest to you...

The toughest battle anyone would face, is the battle within...there is always a need to conquer oneself...it is never easy but it is indeed possible....do not give in to any negatives, even though it is easier to do than focus on the positive...

If you feel like sleeping when you want to read...pick up that book, go read and when sleep comes...SLEEP but continue immediately you wake...this should be your mentality really...to never give up, even when it seems impossible.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by nikkyshyne(f): 3:10pm On May 23, 2013
Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by AtheistD(m): 4:02pm On May 23, 2013
DrummaBoy: Though coming from a so called Atheist I recommend the below option 100%. When you have done the natural, then you can begin to check out the spiritual.

Thanks. I think she might deifinitely need a thorough analysis. She sounds depressed.
Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by Tpfkakambo(m): 8:49pm On May 23, 2013
i've been there.
Last year i was to prepare 4 an exam but kept procrastinatg, wen i wanted to study i wud feel very very tired like i had been toilg all day.
I felt lazy to exercse my body..
Frst my mind was in a whrl ... But ive com 2 know it's spiritual. And it's fleshly..
I took out a chart and began monitorg myself, wen i prayed Frst thng in d morng i seemd able to cope better.. So i concluded tht prayer was necessary.
Try it. Pray, First thng in d morng wth intensity.
2.) pray against anythg tht cud b throttlg ur will.
3.) develop a monthly body exercise program and try to stck to it faithfully.

If u still feel reluctant, theres a strategy i used to use wch i call "action-first", wen ur feelgs are screamg no. And ur totally reluctant, just begin d process, take d action,continue d action, persist wt d action despite feelgs screamg no. If u get gud at ths it cud change u.it's a chrcter asset.
Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by bizmahn: 6:42pm On May 26, 2013
Your spirt is broken down as well as your body.Wrong advice will destroy totally at this point.I agree you need immediate comprehensive medical attention if you can afford it.If u can't use lots of fruits & vegetables & take a lot of sleep & rest.Listen to spirit lifting worship songs.Take a break & refresh/renew yourself (in a godly manner).
On the spiritual side try "heaven conscious & strict godly character" based churches.Do not go to these "sin is allowed churches".Also send prayer requests online & by phone to these type of churches I described.Play deliverance prayers of Such pastors loud on repeat in your house.Forsake every known besetting sins you still allow.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 26, 2013
Thank you all for the advice. I really appreciate it and it has helped me smiley

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by Nobody: 1:21am On May 27, 2013
Deep Sight:

1. Calm down.

2. Recognize WHO and WHAT you are. A Spirit being created by God, living in a finite life and realm.

3. Ask yourself what you want out of this life donated to you by God.

4. Ask yourself how you will achieve those objectives.

5. Collect yourself, and calmly create schedules and goals. Calmly, one step at a time go about these without panic or hurry.

6. See a Medical doctor about your aches and pains and tiredness. You may need some medical attention.

7. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.

^^please!

take his advice sis.
dont stress yourself and make sure to get rid of all distractions in your life..be it people, the internet..thoughts etc.

just take it easy dear.
Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by Nobody: 1:23am On May 27, 2013
bizmahn: Your spirt is broken down as well as your body.Wrong advice will destroy totally at this point.I agree you need immediate comprehensive medical attention if you can afford it.If u can't use lots of fruits & vegetables & take a lot of sleep & rest.Listen to spirit lifting worship songs.Take a break & refresh/renew yourself (in a godly manner).
On the spiritual side try "heaven conscious & strict godly character" based churches.Do not go to these "sin is allowed churches".Also send prayer requests online & by phone to these type of churches I described.Play deliverance prayers of Such pastors loud on repeat in your house.Forsake every known besetting sins you still allow.

@bolded very good advice. wink
Re: I Feel Like My Life Is A Mess by Chubhie: 2:05pm On May 27, 2013
Bless you sweet soul. Most of US have passed through what you are currently going through this very moment. be reminded that this is not peculiar to you.

Keep your balance by taking care of mind/body.....medical attention and getting reconnected to your maker/source.
The greatest gift you can give to yourself is the ability to self motivate. Be strong and stay focused. Always keep your eyes on you goals.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Patent The Name Messiah? / Moses Efret Denies Pregnancy. / Sermon And Prayers: How To Become A Rich Man Overnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.