Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

I’m Ready To Face You In Court, Melaye Tells Adoke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Face You In Court, Melaye Tells Adoke (596 Views)

Mohammed Adoke Recommends CCT Chairman’s Removal, Prosecution - Thisday / Dino Melaye Tells Kwankasso To Shut Up / PDP Takes Over Adoke Amasiemeka Stadium Rivers State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Ready To Face You In Court, Melaye Tells Adoke by Elnuk34(m): 4:55pm On May 23, 2013
Executive Secretary of Anti-Corruption Network, Dino Melaye, has expressed his readiness to face the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke, in court to substantiate the allegations made against the minister, bordering on alleged abuse of office.

The former House of Representative member, who spoke on Wednesday in Abuja, said his group would resist any form of harassment in its fight against corruption.

Reports had it that Adoke had filed a N10 billion libel suit against Melaye and his group, for maligning him through publication of defamatory stories.

The AGF, in the suit, is also seeking a perpetual injunction restraining the defendants, their agents or privies from further publishing libelous stories about him.

But, Melaye, who however stated that he and his group were yet to be served any court summons at the time of filing this report, maintained that he stood by the allegations and was waiting eagerly and desperately to be served.

He described the decision of Adoke to approach the court as a welcome development, saying that he and his group had only released about 10 per cent of evidence of abuse of office against the minister.

“We are waiting for him to serve us; and I want to say without fear or favour that I, Otunba Dino Melaye, Executive Secretary of Anti-Corruption Network, and the Network, we stand by everything we have published on Mohammed Bello Adoke word for word, full stop for full stop, semi-colon for semi-colon, comma for comma; everything we have published about him as abuse of office and flagrant disregard for legal rules and regulations and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

“Neither the Anti-Corruption Network nor my humble self as the administrative head of the organisation has been served any summon or proceeding.

Source: http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/05/im-ready-to-face-you-in-court-melaye-tells-adoke/
Re: I’m Ready To Face You In Court, Melaye Tells Adoke by Willy7(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2013
Now this is what i call democracy.Government of the people,by the people and for the people.Oya Adoke lets go there.Hope you are carried anyway?We are watching.
Re: I’m Ready To Face You In Court, Melaye Tells Adoke by nuclearboy(m): 8:40pm On May 23, 2013
Who wants to bet? Adoke will soon back out

Abati did after accusing Buhari

GEJ did after harassing Leadership Newspapers

Propaganda, noise making and politicking instead of governance

smh

2 Likes

Re: I’m Ready To Face You In Court, Melaye Tells Adoke by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 23, 2013
Of course Adoke is going to bail at some point cheesy

(1) (Reply)

7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage / Witty Sayings From Our Leaders / Shoot Out Between Police And Robbers At Mgbuogba Close To AIT Portharcourt...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.