Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,118 members, 7,828,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG (7920 Views)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts / Nigeria To Generate 7,000 Megawatts Of Electricity By 2014 - NERC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Pedagogue: 10:00am On May 24, 2013
10,000 mega watts ?

GEJ is running a federal republic of comedy!!! Well, they can drop any figure they like afterall Nigerians will keep mum (as usual) when they miss the target again!

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by eggheaders(m): 10:00am On May 24, 2013
welcome to the world of the retardinos. where confusion is their watchword.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by mysticgal(f): 10:01am On May 24, 2013
Excuse is nebo the short form of nebucadnezzer?
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by blank(f): 10:02am On May 24, 2013
I have not had light for the past 3 weeks. Let them continue lying to themselves.

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by blayz0923: 10:13am On May 24, 2013
una don come again oh!!!!
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Nobody: 10:21am On May 24, 2013
OBJ promised steady power supply and now GEJ has come with his own. Why is time too slow for 2015 to be here for the part 3 of the same promise undecided
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by MARKREN: 10:23am On May 24, 2013
From December 2007 to December 2010 then December 2013. Now it is December 2014. By the time we get into next year they will tell us another story………………….. may be 2020..........

This trend will continue until we collectively demand better governance from our politicians instead of trashing each other at every opportunity we get.

I don't blame them. It is not in their interest for power or any other sector to work in this country as it will stop their rent-seeking activities and divide & rule tactics we followers constantly fall for.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Born2beRich1(m): 10:25am On May 24, 2013
CFCfan: THE federal government, yesterday, disclosed that plans had been concluded to move from the present position of power generation of 4,500 to 10,000 megawatts by December.

Speaking when she appeared before the Senate Committee on Power, Steel Development and Metallurgy, led by Senator Phillip Adudua, PDP, FCT, Minister of State for Power, Hajia Zainab Kuchi, told the senators that the federal government had completed the process of privatisation of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN.

Kuchi, who disclosed that N347 billion was required for increase in transmission of megawatts, said the generating and transmission companies could not be handed over yet as the ministry was poised to ensure that they were in good shape before their hand over to the successor companies.

She raised alarm that the handover had been hampered by lack of fund, adding that the ministry had been running on zero allocation.

The minister noted that some six months into the 2013 fiscal year, the Ministry of Power had been running on N5 billion, being the remnant of its 2012 allocation.

Hajia Kuchi assured that there would be no problem paying for labour, adding that government had enough in its coffers to pay by July.

Chairman, Senate Committee on Power, Senator Philip Aduda, who noted that Nigerians were no longer ready to take excuses for non-availability of electricity, said people were running of out of patience. (patience Jonathan? grin grin)
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/may/23/355.html

Bros, this is not feasible...The FG has come out to claim so..read this: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122563:10000mw-target-not-feasible-till-dec-2014-says-minister&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Chinom(m): 10:33am On May 24, 2013
We have not had electricity for one week now. We are still waiting for 1000,000 megawatts. Would you people stop mouthing off and get down to action. angry
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Ahmednaija: 10:34am On May 24, 2013
Bet you they'll buy "i better pass my neighbor" for every body (800w * 150m =120,00Mw) with daily fuel distribution...Just imagine
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by poke(m): 10:47am On May 24, 2013
THAT IS AFRICAN TIME WHAT THEY ACTUALLY MEAN IS DEC 2020
Anam anu' grin

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by lastpage: 11:08am On May 24, 2013
CFCfan: THE federal government, yesterday, disclosed that plans had been concluded to move from the present position of power generation of 4,500 to 10,000 megawatts by December.

FOR HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP "CONCLUDING PLANS"!
Let us feel the effect of stable electricity!
Always "planning" and delivering NOTHING!

CFCfan: Kuchi, who disclosed that N347 billion was required for increase in transmission of megawatts, said the generating and transmission companies could not be handed over yet as the ministry was poised to ensure that they were in good shape before their hand over [/b]to the successor companies.
[b]
What is "Good Shape"?
Does it sound like "We want to cream some money off first" ....before handing them over?

CFCfan: She raised alarm that the handover had been hampered by lack of fund, adding that the ministry had been running on zero allocation.

What? DId you say LACK OF FUNDS?
Upon all the 200% increase in electricity tariff that we pay?
shocked shocked
YOU SAID THAT IS WHAT YOU NEED TO ENSURE STABLE POWER SUPPLY, NOW STORY DON DEY CHANGE!
Bloody Barrau!

CFCfan: The minister noted that some six months into the 2013 fiscal year, the Ministry of Power had been running on N5 billion, being the remnant of its 2012 allocation.

So, you still have EXCESS 5Billion (remnant!) from last fiscal year ....
AND YOU ARE STILL CRYING "LACK OF FUNDS"! Chinekke!!

CFCfan: Chairman, Senate Committee on Power, Senator Philip Aduda, who noted that Nigerians were no longer ready to take excuses for non-availability of electricity, said people were running of out of patience. (patience Jonathan? grin grin)
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/may/23/355.html

Thank you Sin-nator, we are actually OUT OF BOTH PATIENCE AND JONATHAN.... and his "Bags of Promise and Future Tenses"!

Bunch of criminals in corridors of power.
Na Paddy-Paddy Government be this o! Eegbami Oooo, Na Arrangee Govt be this o, Yeeparripa Oooo ....
(Respect to Fela Anikulapo!)

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by omosexy1: 11:08am On May 24, 2013
I really dont get this. I think we may not have constant power supply for the next 10 years. Privatization exercise has been concluded but the private firms would not taken over the transmission and distribution companies because the govt will have to put things right (OMG). Why can't the private firms put these things in place themselves. Govt would waste more money and time and achieve nothing. Then the blame game will start all over again. When are we ever going to get there?
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Originalsly: 11:13am On May 24, 2013
Questions. Why would the FG spend billions to put PHCN "in good shape" then hand it over to a private company? Why no details about the private company? Who is behind it? Would the rates charged be controlled by the FG or by the company? No doubt, a private company would eventually provide constant electricity but do you really think you would be able to afford to pay for it? Think again.Governments are the controllers of services and infrastructure that provide the basic needs of its citizens....roads, water, electricity, postal service, bridges, airports,ports and media. They may not own all of them but set and control the rules of operation.Privatization of any without controls is an invitation to exploitation.

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Exponental(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2013
Na today?
Just dont ban generators yet ooo.
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Guk: 11:33am On May 24, 2013
Just confirming that i heard the Minister saying on Channels TV yesterday night that only about 1500MW can realistically be added by Dec 2013, so who should we believe? Senior Minister or Minister of State??
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Kinikini: 11:53am On May 24, 2013
Kuchi, who disclosed that N347 billion was required for increase in transmission of megawatts, said the generating and transmission companies could not be handed over yet as the ministry was poised to ensure that they were in good shape before their hand over to the successor companies.

May be I am missing something. Why would you want to use public fund to fix these assets for a private investors to reap.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by daphil: 11:56am On May 24, 2013
Na today?
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by ifyn4real: 12:02pm On May 24, 2013
while india have 750 000 MW, i dont think we will have steady light in nigeria, when the like of Atikus owns MIKANO generator, some senates too have there own gen company

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by blayz0923: 12:06pm On May 24, 2013
ifyn4real: while india have 750 000 MW, i dont think we will have steady light in nigeria, when the like of Atikus owns MIKANO generator, some senates too have there own gen company

tell me how the country will move forward when those in power or its corridor are merchants of the alternative to industrialization.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 24, 2013
These people are just crazy. I thought they said June. I live in a town that produces 300mw yet there is no power because transmission and distribution is virtually 0%. How long must we wait.

Why is she complaining of zero allocation for the year when they have N5bn, she's hoping for new cash so they can steal what is left of last year's budget. Please do your job.
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Demdem(m): 12:25pm On May 24, 2013
simply_me:

Retardeen.

Exactly. we need to blame the retardeen that appointed these miserable ministers.
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Esinwaju: 12:38pm On May 24, 2013
Harwo: ...promises upon promises and each time, the set date is usually "by December"...I should have been born in Las Vegas, not in Ibadan.
Crazy guy you are but honestly I feel your pain. I keep hearing the same thing over and over, only difference been the government of the day. Too many tales by moonlight but I believe we shall and will prevail. Just like Arsenal fans, let''s keep the faith. *even me sef no believe wetin I just talk*

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 24, 2013
Jeez! Just contract this plan to giant electricity construction company like NEC of Japan and the electricity generation will be a thing of the past. One gigantic plants that can generate 50,000 MW can be constructed by first doing the feasibility study and allow those who know much in the field do just that.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Esinwaju: 12:43pm On May 24, 2013
K0ala7: Granted, they might have plans to reach 10,000 MW. And they might (keyword: might) have sincere intentions of carrying out these plans. And the plans might be hindered by events beyond human control. But can they please just do something and tell us the result when it is done, instead of telling us and then failing? Please.
Confirm talk my homie! Too many stories we can write a script for a ten seasoned serie.
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by egregous: 12:52pm On May 24, 2013
http://premiumtimesng.com/business/131917-nigerias-gas-supply-attains-new-daily-peak-of-1-5mn-cubic-feet-says-alison-madueke.html

Mrs. Alison-Madueke, represented by the Group Executive Director, Gas and Power of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, David Ige, said that over the last three years, the gas sector has experienced aggressive radical reforms, culminating in major gas addition to the domestic market.

She said that the current demand by the National Integrated Power Project, NIPP, is put at about 260mmcf/d in the Western Area, pointing out that this is expected to grow to about 340mmcf/d by the year end.

How Minister of State for Power, Hajia Zainab Kuchi can achieve 10,000 MW by December, when aggressive radical Mrs. Alison-Madueke provides only 340mmcf/d gas? undecided
I really know, 340mmcf/d is enough to ensure 1,400 MW power, no more.
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Sirdayor(m): 12:53pm On May 24, 2013
story upon story! it was "stable electricity by june 2013" before, now it has been shifted to December. May God have his way in this country!

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by ifyn4real: 12:57pm On May 24, 2013
all4naija: Jeez! Just contract this plan to giant electricity construction company like NEC of Japan and the electricity generation will be a thing of the past. One gigantic plants that can generate 50,000 MW can be constructed by first doing the feasibility study and allow those who know much in the field do just that.

bro you are on point but do you know that our beloved nigeria sell LNG liquified natural gas to counties like USA, brasil, portugal, turkey, france, spain, japan, china, korea, kuwait, i am so suprised our govt cant give us electricity, we have engrs that can work on this gas plants

My captain on our ship always say your country suppose to be the best and most beautiful in the world
saying with expirence lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by bigiyaro(m): 1:14pm On May 24, 2013
Metchewww! Na today?
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by welgate(m): 1:32pm On May 24, 2013
Well I guess the Minister means 10000 mega watts of Darkness. Same party, same people and same stories.

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by supaeagles(m): 1:33pm On May 24, 2013
Please out of that 10,000 mega watts of electrical wonder, I am begging for just 1 kilo watt to reach my parlour, make man pikin take am to boil beans - thank you.
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Rossikk(m): 1:43pm On May 24, 2013
Symphony007: Meanwhile dubai which is not the size of two nigerian cities is generating 30,000. Ans still clamouring for more. I can't say i'm impressed with this, we still have a long way to go.

Stop misrepresenting facts. Dubai does not generate 30,000 mw. That's the UAE as a whole. Dubai's capacity is around 6k mw.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo of Bukola Saraki, Fadhilat Sheikh Suleman Faruq At Tafsirul Quran / Super Eagles Line-up Against Cameroon If President Buhari Were The Chief Coach / APC Defectors Took Their Decisions Two Years Ago, But Manifesting Now - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.