Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? (1532 Views)

Average Cost Of Studying Abroad (precisely The U.k Or U.s.a) / Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? / Can I Do Masters In Nigeria With A Second Class Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by Fummiee(f): 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2008
Hi, i need you guys advice(s) as fast as possible. I am a young graduate searching for job. But since the job is not forth coming 'atleast for now', i decided to further my education. I actually read accounting but dont know weather 2 go for my acca first or masters. If masters first, u.k or lagos business school (LBS)?
Re: Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 28, 2008
@ Fummiee
I'm in d same predicament.
But i think as an accountant, your professional qualification matters more than any added degree u might want to get.So, while applying for jobs, more emphasis should be on ur acca rather than masters.
Cheers and all d best! cheesy kiss cheesy
Re: Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by victor4u(m): 6:17pm On May 14, 2008
Fummiee:

Hi, i need you guys advice(s) as fast as possible. I am a young graduate searching for job. But since the job is not forth coming 'atleast for now', i decided to further my education. I actually read accounting but don't know weather 2 go for my acca first or masters. If masters first, u.k or lagos business school (LBS)?

Go for ACCA first. its highly recognised than masters, n most preferred
Re: Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by sweetums: 3:45pm On May 21, 2008
U do intend on working in Nigeria eventually don't you
Then pls register with ICAN and stop forming.
Re: Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by Fummiee(f): 10:27pm On May 21, 2008
Sweetums, whats forming in this? Acca is aswell VERY recognised.
Re: Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by Fummiee(f): 10:28pm On May 21, 2008
Thanks akyns and victor4u.
Re: Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by sweetums: 10:40am On May 23, 2008
@ Fummie,

Im not saying there's anything wrong with ACCA but its not really would I say allowed in Nigeria. ICAN has this new rule that to practice as a finance person in the country, you need to be ICAN qualified.

Don't get me wrong, you can work with ACCA, its just that in the KPMG's the PWC's the Deloitte's, well they are obeying ICAN and you'll still have to write it regardless. So save yourself the cash and be truly Naija.

This doesn't apply if you want to work in other industries. So instead of stabbling yourself in the back, in my opinion, ICAN is it for you. Because as a finance person, you might want to start in consulting, its always the best anyways.

SOUND advice my dear always sounds harsh!
Re: Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by klan(f): 11:12am On May 23, 2008
cool
Re: Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by klan(f): 11:15am On May 23, 2008
cool
Re: Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by Onyeara: 3:31pm On May 23, 2008
Hi Fummi
I ACCA is widely recognized compared to ICAN. If you choice is to pursue ACCA ,you can as well do that in the UK.
There are lots of cheap and qualitative ACCA Tuition schools in the Birmingham city.
Moreover, you will be issued with a three year visa which allows you to work.At the end you can opt for you masters or work either here or in Naija, one of my friends is on ACCA here at present.
All the best
Re: Acca, Masters In U.k Or Lbs? by Fummiee(f): 5:46pm On May 24, 2008
Thanks a mill klan n onyeara. I have actually deceided to go for ACCA. Once again thanks a mill 4 ur advice.

(1) (Reply)

Esut Tend To Double School Fees Of Student / Unilorin 2011/2012 Pre-admission Screening Exercise. / Sorry Pls Guys Is It True That The Supplementary List Of Aaua Akungba Is Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.