Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Meet Nigeria And West Africa’s First Female Military Pilot - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Meet Nigeria And West Africa’s First Female Military Pilot (859 Views)

OMG!! Meet Nigeria's Hairiest Lady, Queen Okafor (pictures) / KTVU Punk'd Over Asiana Aircraft Pilot's Names / P-square Buys Private Jet Now Riches African Artist In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria And West Africa’s First Female Military Pilot by BloggerAdmin(m): 9:27am On May 24, 2013
She was commissioned as a Combat Flying Officer alongside 126 others who finished the Direct Short Service Course 2010/2011 Cadets of the 325 Ground Training Group at the Nigerian Air Force Base, Kaduna.

Present at the winging ceremony (badge decoration) was the then Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Mohammad Dikko Umar who described her training as a ‘very laudable achievement‘.
She was quite excited and proud to have made history and said: “It is very uplifting and I feel very proud of myself though it has been very challenging. Coming from the civil war and the civil mentality, the Air Force has done a great job because it has changed our orientation. I believe that all females have equal opportunity to dignify their rights in whatever adventure they choose they can do.”
‘As a first female pilot I would want to make a mark that would encourage other females to join the military because I believe that all females have equal opportunity to exercise their rights in whatever they choose to do, I believe that all female Nigerians who choose to become pilots can do it since I have done it.
This is a remarkable achievement, one that should drive our ladies to know and see themselves as been able to achieve the impossible and break the so called glass ceiling in any sphere you find yourself.

More at www.NaijaCurrent.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is This End Of Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records? / DKB & Zainab Disqualified From Big Brother Stargame / Fashion And List Of Winners At The 2013 Golden Globes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.