Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Should The Nigerian High Commission In London Remain Silent? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The Nigerian High Commission In London Remain Silent? (716 Views)

Metuh Has The Right To Remain Silent / Four British Mps Of Nigerian Heritage At The Nigerian High Commission In The UK / Fuel Subsidy Removal; Why We Must Not Remain Silent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Nigerian High Commission In London Remain Silent? by Ilelobola: 10:26am On May 24, 2013
In the past, I wrote to the Nigerian High Commission whenever the name of Nigeria was being tainted be it a TV programme or newspaper. I would write asking them to contact the producer, editor etc to right the wrong. They obviously never acknowledged my emails and I've never heard of a retraction about Nigeria.

The media are consciously reminding everyone the murderers of the British soldier killed senselessly and so horrifically in Woolwich are of Nigerian descent, which is true but we need less of the reference to Nigeria or someone to state clearly and publicly that they are not Nigerians. They have never even been to the country! People are phoning radio stations asking why Nigerian children are like this (can't blame them as every youth knife crime in London seems to have a child of Nigerian descent involved), and people are probably writing all sorts online about Nigerians etc.

They do not remember the great people representing Britain that are of Nigerian descent, those that win Olympic medals, footballers, politicians etc. I can mention a few but I'd hate to write a good name on this thread.

Even Chechyna which isn't an independent nation denounced the Boston bombers as Chechynans. These 2 boys though they have Nigerian names and are of Nigerian descent are not Nigerians.

When will the Nigerian High Commission start speaking up for Nigeria?
Re: Should The Nigerian High Commission In London Remain Silent? by omosexy1: 11:45am On May 24, 2013
Ilelobola: In the past, I wrote to the Nigerian High Commission whenever the name of Nigeria was being tainted be it a TV programme or newspaper. I would write asking them to contact the producer, editor etc to right the wrong. They obviously never acknowledged my emails and I've never heard of a retraction about Nigeria.

The media are consciously reminding everyone the murderers of the British soldier killed senselessly and so horrifically in Woolwich are of Nigerian descent, which is true but we need less of the reference to Nigeria or someone to state clearly and publicly that they are not Nigerians. They have never even been to the country! People are phoning radio stations asking why Nigerian children are like this (can't blame them as every youth knife crime in London seems to have a child of Nigerian descent involved), and people are probably writing all sorts online about Nigerians etc.

They do not remember the great people representing Britain that are of Nigerian descent, those that win Olympic medals, footballers, politicians etc. I can mention a few but I'd hate to write a good name on this thread.

Even Chechyna which isn't an independent nation denounced the Boston bombers as Chechynans. These 2 boys though they have Nigerian names and are of Nigerian descent are not Nigerians.

When will the Nigerian High Commission start speaking up for Nigeria?

You are certainly right. I think it is now our job to fight the negativity with both action and words. I think the Nigeria high commission in UK is not working. We need to remind the world that just like every society has its problems, a majority of the Nigerian citizens are hardworking and honest about their activities. We need to remind the world that just like criminals roam around their streets, the criminal minded Nigerians are genetic defective people and do not have the true Nigerian blood in them.
Re: Should The Nigerian High Commission In London Remain Silent? by AtheistD(m): 12:18pm On May 24, 2013
You are on a long ting!!! Until people go outside their offices and picket them, they will never respond. They are waiting for their budget to be released so they can go on a spending spree.

It is a sad day when we have to rely on the Nigerian High Commission to do anything. cry
Re: Should The Nigerian High Commission In London Remain Silent? by nairalad: 12:26pm On May 24, 2013
^
Very sad. Now I will not confidently push my green passpord across the counter to the bald-headed Briton at Heathrow.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Government Refused To Celebrate Democracy Day / The Nigerian Anti-gay Laws Are Hypocritical / Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Country’s Anti-gay Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.