Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! (1189 Views)

Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years / Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? / How Stigmatisation Promotes Baby Factories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! by Woged2005(f): 1:58pm On May 24, 2013
In recent times news have been awash about the booming baby-selling business in Nigeria, in the form of baby factories (baby farms, where young girls are quartered against their will and impregnated over and over by male impregnators and their babies sold for profit), illigal orphanages, baby stealing/ kidnapping rings, and now some married couple have gone into the business of producing and selling their own babies..wow! N-i-g-e-r-i-a!!! Often we hear about the victims and the perpetrators, but we never hear about those who buy the babies. If there's no demand, there will be no supply.

Few months ago I raised the issue of the manner, and style some mega churches in Nigeria patronize testimonies of 'Miracle babies'. In most cases (as in the case of a female pastor who gave birth to 7 babies in one year at Owerri) the DNA of these so-called 'Miracle babies'do not match their parent's. Moreover, some of the so-called mothers testify they were not even sexually active during the 'conception', and were warned never to visit hospitals for scans and checkups otherwise the pregnancy will disapear. They are simply put to trance and wake up to see a new baby beside them..LoL! Yet some avid religious bigots were too quick to rule it the 'power of the Holy Spirit'.

Since our governments are too corrupt to investigate, our citizenry are too gullible to believe anything from a 'man of god', is it not high time citizens begin to expose the evil that happen in some of our Nigerian churches rather than being naive about it? What's the point of being educated if we can't ask questions when there is need?

2 Likes

Re: Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 24, 2013
Just yesterday we had this same discussion.
Let's not forget us neighbors who will join in the pretence even when we know that our neighbor was not pregnant.
We say its "minding our business" yet we will gossip silently instead of taking action, one day our own child could get stolen and sold to someone else and their neighbor would "mind their business" while we cry and pray for our childs safe return.
I have argued that we should do away with pretence and make surrogacy legal.
The churches are the worst culprits, promising 20000 babies, 70000 babies, instead of being honest with couples and advising them to try medical services God has helped our scientists discover they give them false hope and lead them to desperate measures.
So many church "Miracle babies" are from this source, the honest ones with intergrity do IVF, the others lie, steal and come and do thanksgiving with babies from baby factories and stolen babies, churches get all the glory, more money and more false popularity.
Tell Nigerians to be real and ask questions for where?
Tell our National Assembly to legalise surrogacy they will say "it is not a major issue". I can assure you that for every baby factory that is closed a 100 more is open.
We do some work with NAPTIP and this is raw facts.
I have never seen a more religious yet lying, pretending and hypocricy full nation.

3 Likes

Re: Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! by Woged2005(f): 3:18pm On May 24, 2013
debrief08: ......The churches are the worst culprits, promising 20000 babies, 70000 babies, instead of being honest with couples and advising them to try medical services God has helped our scientists discover they give them false hope and lead them to desperate measures. So many church "Miracle babies" are from this source,...... I have never seen a more religious yet lying, pretending and hypocricy full nation.

You are always soooooooo on point!!! Religion without Christianity is the bane of Nigeria. Desperation for everything in life..money, marriage, babies, wealth, titles, visas, fame, positions, etc...are we the poorest country in Africa? Our people are simply hypocrites, complacent towards evil and crime, which are now part of our culture...Mtcheeeww!

1 Like

Re: Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! by Nobody: 8:34am On May 25, 2013
debrief08: Just yesterday we had this same discussion.
Let's not forget us neighbors who will join in the pretence even when we know that our neighbor was not pregnant.
We say its "minding our business" yet we will gossip silently instead of taking action, one day our own child could get stolen and sold to someone else and their neighbor would "mind their business" while we cry and pray for our childs safe return.
The churches are the worst culprits, promising 20000 babies, 70000 babies, instead of being honest with couples and advising them to try medical services God has helped our scientists discover they give them false hope and lead them to desperate measures.
So many church "Miracle babies" are from this source, the honest ones with intergrity do IVF, the others lie, steal and come and do thanksgiving with babies from baby factories and stolen babies, churches get all the glory, more money and more false popularity.
Tell our National Assembly to legalise surrogacy they will say "it is not a major issue". I can assure you that for every baby factory that is closed a 100 more is open.
I have never seen a more religious yet lying, pretending and hypocricy full nation.
anty where have being http://nairaland.com/1245268/pls-anybody-seen-debrife08
Re: Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! by bebe2(f): 11:47am On May 25, 2013
Becos pple are gullible and will believe anything.

We need to learn to ask questions, ask for proof.

If I say I just received a miracle, I have been crippled since birth and now I can walk dnt go about broadcasting it, ask me to prove it. Were have I lived since, doctors report etc.

Always ask for PROOF!

2 Likes

Re: Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! by Woged2005(f): 12:00pm On May 25, 2013
bebe2: Becos pple are gullible and will believe anything.

We need to learn to ask questions, ask for proof.

If I say I just received a miracle, I have been crippled since birth and now I can walk dnt go about broadcasting it, ask me to prove it. Were have I lived since, doctors report etc.

Always ask for PROOF!

Did you say proof of Mircale in Nigeria?..You will incite the church members who will hound you for insulting their 'Daddy' or 'man of god', abi 'god of men'. Women are even leaving their husbands because church 'Daddy' saw vision..LoL at a bunch of people with too much education but little reasoning.
Re: Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 25, 2013
Sighs. Poster,u gat me thinking. Seriously thinking.

1 Like

Re: Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! by dominique(f): 5:51pm On May 25, 2013
The couple on the thread below should do a DNA thread on the baby they're parading about. They may not be too shocked by what they find sad
www.nairaland.com/1207704/woman-delivered-25-months-pregnancy

2 Likes

Re: Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! by biolabee(m): 7:11pm On May 25, 2013
wow.. some deep ish

debrief08: Just yesterday we had this same discussion.
Re: Baby Factories & Miracle Babies -time To Start Probing Testimonies In Churches! by Woged2005(f): 7:11pm On May 25, 2013
dominique: The couple on the thread below should do a DNA thread on the baby they're parading about. They may not be too shocked by what they find sad
www.nairaland.com/1207704/woman-delivered-25-months-pregnancy

Hmmm! My hand no dey o....LoL!

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise My Friend / Help; My Friend's Husband Abandoned Her, Moved To Canada / Family Unable To Pay Hospital Bill After Giving Birth To Triplets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.