Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:36 AM

Any Issues With Nissan Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Issues With Nissan Cars (2341 Views)

What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail / Help! Power Steering Issues With Nissan Pathfinder / Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Issues With Nissan Cars by misterrex: 11:51pm On May 24, 2013
Hello

I've been looking out to buy a neatly used ride and have had my eyes on Nissan as a brand (having used in the past that served well) however I have observed that most advertised here are priced relatively cheaper than I expect (which puts me on inquiry)

To those in the know, are there any issues watsoever on nissan cars particularly altima and maxima (1998-2000 models) causing people to dump them or are they just cheap on the second hand market?

Thanks in anticipation for your responses as you help clear some doubts
Re: Any Issues With Nissan Cars by misterrex: 11:24am On May 28, 2013
97 views shocked

Anybody?
Re: Any Issues With Nissan Cars by kenmaro: 11:36pm On May 28, 2013
Nissan is a good product and there are no issue peculiar to any brand as all are liable to have some manufacturing/ design defects. It's just that the Nigerian market is suffering from popular demand syndrome(Toyota and Honda syndrome) making these popular demands over-priced as well as making all other brands look inferior. Remember your economics basics, "the higher the demand, the higher the price". My brother, the major determinant of a car is the user's maintenance style/culture. Nissan is a good car. Search well for a good one, maintain it properly, and it will serve you very well.

2 Likes

Re: Any Issues With Nissan Cars by misterrex: 12:41am On May 29, 2013
Thank you.

Have used one before and it served me well. Think imma just go for another
Re: Any Issues With Nissan Cars by plendil: 1:57am On May 29, 2013
mister rex: Hello

I've been looking out to buy a neatly used ride and have had my eyes on Nissan as a brand (having used in the past that served well) however I have observed that most advertised here are priced relatively cheaper than I expect (which puts me on inquiry)

To those in the know, are there any issues watsoever on nissan cars particularly altima and maxima (1998-2000 models) causing people to dump them or are they just cheap on the second hand market?

Thanks in anticipation for your responses as you help clear some doubts

@bolded, that is compared with Toyota right? A thread, why are Nissan cars so cheap was opened on this issue some time ago. It's all based on the perception that Toyota is the best.

I've been using the Primera for some time and it has served me very well.

1 Like

Re: Any Issues With Nissan Cars by mikkyphp(m): 7:58am On May 31, 2013
Same reason why '99 Camry is currently on the Hot-List for car thieves and still sells for 900k. Ugly car...rubbish! undecided
Re: Any Issues With Nissan Cars by johnwell(m): 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
mikkyphp: Same reason why '99 Camry is currently on the Hot-List for car thieves and still sells for 900k. Ugly car...rubbish! undecided

LOL,>>>>>> I hate that carton of a car called camry, toyota has never satisfied me, anything above 120 km/h, you are on your own, poor brake, stability & traction control.

Try nissan, honda even hyundai do better than toyota.

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Use 5w-20 , 5w-30 / Could This Be True Of Mobil Oil / Automotive Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.