Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? (41003 Views)

Why Is Chrysler Voyager , Dodge (1998 Model) So Cheap In The Market. / Why Do Nigerians Dislike Nissan Cars? / Are Nissan Cars Stronger Than Toyota Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by gwuraiyke: 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2012
Please guys,

what could be the reason NISSAN autos are cheap? Is there mechanical fault peculiar to them alone?

Please I need advice.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by mcgboye(m): 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2012
Very interesting topic. It's been on my mind for some time too. I'll be following this potentially enlightening topic. I sincerely hope people with experience will contribute.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by uncleb(m): 7:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
My personal opinion is that price reduction is the only strategy for Nissan to penetrate the auto market and have a little of Toyota's share. Needless to say, there are more Toyota in town than Nissan product.

I have been using nissan for over two years and i can say categorycally that it has no mechanicall issue ( or may be i should say my own). Other than the normal services and when some one bashed me, i havent experienced any problem with my car. I only go to mechanic for regular services. period.

The only thing is that most Nissan come with big engine, which makes the fuel consumption higher than common Toyota and the rest. But there is an advantage in this if you are a regular long distance traveller.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Exponental(m): 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2012
I think its with d aim of gaining d market.
I used 3 diff nissans b4 now, n i can tell u dat those cars were reliable. Cheap price, fuel economical n many more. Maybe its d car 4 d masses ( or govt hasnt removed subsidy from it, lol)
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by muyoto: 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2012
Nissan tends to have issues compared with toyota. my brother-in-law bought a dircect toks Nissan Sentra and its engine knocked just after a year
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Fhemmmy: 9:49pm On Jan 26, 2012
muyoto:

Nissan tends to have issues compared with toyota. my brother-in-law bought a dircect toks Nissan Sentra and its engine knocked just after a year

That is not enough reason to label Nissan as always having issues . . . I have seen a brand new engine of a Corolla that caught fire . . . . In the last few years, Toyota have recalled so much rides.
Problems with a brand is not enuf to label the brand as problematic . . .
Still enjoying the thread . . .

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
I've been using Nissan all my life. Sunny, Altima, Sentra, Maxima and Even the Serena with Diesel engine. My brother those cars do not die the engine do not give up. Their fuel consumption is comparable to that of Toyota and Honda with the same engine size. And as per the price being cheaper than others  i personally dont think so. The product and price are similar.
Altima is similar to Camry
Maxima is Avalon
Pathfinder is same with 4Runner.
Me thinks its a matter of personal taste and choice.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by jodeci(m): 3:39am On Jan 27, 2012
who says Nissan cars are cheap? have u priced the latest models of Nissan Pathfinder? Just give it a try and see if you will still say the same thing.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by kingsoluv4real: 5:19am On Jan 27, 2012
@gist4real, u really know your autos but have u compared the pricing for avalon 2012 and maxima 2012, sequoia and armada, rogue and rav4, all 2012 models. Notice that the maxima yields more power and torque but the avalon dusts it with more luxury Nissan prices for these models are comparatively lower wrt toyota. Except for some that are basically equal like tiida/yaris, altima/camry.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by adex2000ng(m): 6:27am On Jan 27, 2012
Good tread. I use Nissan product (prairie) now and realy I don't have any issue with it. Nissan product is very very very rugged and strong (engine and body) + big engine.
I think its just a matter of taste. I have also used toyota product (carina 2). The only advantage I see in Toyota is fast / easy service by mechanics while Nissan needs more experienced mechanics. U can't just fiddle with Nissan engine. If u do u will not enjoy the performance weareas most nigerian mechanics can play around with toyota engine

I want to get xterra as my next car because I know that will by rugged and good for nigerian roads. I have not been dissapointed any day with the product except for normal repairs peculiar with all cars

Tha my take.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by adeoyelola: 10:11am On Jan 27, 2012
Nissan cars are the most rugged. I used a maximal 94 model for 7 years, no major issue except timing belt change. The engines are built to last forever, i just bought an 02 model recently and am enjoying it. But for the price issue, i don't know why they are cheaper and they don't have second hand value.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Pennywise(m): 10:39am On Jan 27, 2012
The question ought to be- 'why are Toyota cars so unnecessarily expensive'

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by freecocoa(f): 10:57am On Jan 27, 2012
Simple, na inferior materials dem dey use weld them. undecided
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by baconline(m): 11:20am On Jan 27, 2012
nissan is the cheaper version of infinity,it is targetted for d lower class
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by otokx(m): 11:24am On Jan 27, 2012
Nissan have a high cost of maintenance especially with regards to the car legs but the engine is tight.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 27, 2012
An experienced Japanese auto mechanic can give you the best advice on cars. Most Toyota cars have no issues with maintenance but my mechanic would scream blue when u mention some Honda and Nissan models on your mind for purchase, informing you of specific faults you might likely encounter with use.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by PresidentT(m): 11:46am On Jan 27, 2012
Methink is about demand. The demand on Toyotas and Hondas drives their prices. And also Nissans are actually designed to be economy-friendly. You can try the Infinity Version if u want expensive. Cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Jarus(m): 11:46am On Jan 27, 2012
freecocoa:

Simple, na inferior materials dem dey use weld them. undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 27, 2012
Car cheap una complain. E dear una complain grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by oc2fish: 11:49am On Jan 27, 2012
please can anybody in the house talk on Nissan Xtera I am in love with the car
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by adex2000ng(m): 12:01pm On Jan 27, 2012
Pls let someone in the house tell us about the performance of Nissan xterra. Am in love with that jeep. I am cobremplating buying that car if I get good response about it
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
gist4real:

I've been using Nissan all my life. Sunny, Altima, Sentra, Maxima and Even the Serena with Diesel engine. My brother those cars do not die the engine do not give up. Their fuel consumption is comparable to that of Toyota and Honda with the same engine size. And as per the price being cheaper than others  i personally dont think so. The product and price are similar.
Altima is similar to Camry
Maxima is Avalon
Pathfinder is same with 4Runner.
Me thinks its a matter of personal taste and choice.

bros you dey fall my hand.How can you compare altima with a camry ? I havent driven an altima but camry is far ahead of it in terms of every indices.The only thing close is the maxima which takes a good credit for his stylish build.As far as comparison is concern,Honda and toyota are a good pair not altima.
PresidentT:

Methink is about demand. The demand on Toyotas and Hondas drives their prices. And also Nissans are actually designed to be economy-friendly. You can try the Infinity Version if u want expensive. Cheers!
PresidentT:

Thank you.Nissan cars have more problem than toyota and honda especially gear problem which may be expensive to fix.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Konnektions146(m): 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2012
sienna, inspired , chelseabmw, whats ur take?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by xtremeidea(m): 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
[size=18pt]It simply because of the Toyota craze in Nigeria[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by classmark: 1:51pm On Jan 27, 2012
Nissan Cars are very good and reliable. I use Nissan Quest but I notice that the Steering doesnt turn fully like the other cars especially when making U-turn. has anyone noticed this or its just my own?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by okstol: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2012
baconline:
nissan is the cheaper version of infinity,it is targetted for d lower class

Nissan and infinity are into some sort of partnership with some of their products. The Japanese manufactures it while their American counterparts modifies it to suit their (US) style.
@all, Nissan is a fantastic product. Nissan is as good as toyota.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
=))º°˚˚˚°ºНAĦAНAº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) @gameevent, when did U̶̲̥̅̊ see a V8 powered bluebird? Get ur facts ryt abt.

I wud lyk to clarify a few thngs: the nissan altima is a toyota camry rival. Other cars in dat group are the ford fusion, honda accord, hyundai sonata and d kia optima. The pathfinder is a 4runner rival, they don't share platforms, engines or transmissions, although their dimensions are similar.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by chiama1: 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2012
I use Nissan Xterra 2005, i am a lady and can not exactly analyse the car the way a guy would but believe me, i love the car. its a machine, if you know what i mean. i got it last year may and i am having the ride of my life. i will say, go ahead and buy it if you like it.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by adex2000ng(m): 4:14pm On Jan 27, 2012
@chiama1

Thanks for that reply. Now my mind is made on the ride. I will go for it
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Cheap? by Bright2(m): 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
Nissan xtera respond rapidly & faster for acceleration just that it doesn't have good balance like pathfinder during speed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX / Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station / Change Your Name, Twitter User To Innoson (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.