Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting (25568 Views)

Tariff Reversal: Nationwide Blackout Looms, Power Firms Warn / Nationwide Blackout Looms As PHCN Workers Begin Strike On October 2nd / Voting And Counting At Governors’ Forum (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by Gheng(m): 11:03am On May 25, 2013
playmode: And they say we in diaspora must come back.Come back come do wetin

Why i go leave heaven go back to hell fire shocked

In my foreign abode there is :

24 Electricity (No generator noise or fumes)

Clean Running Tap water

ADSL Internet -15MB per second and Uncapped (no download limit)

Good Roads

World Class Hospitals

Clean Food Markets

Cheap Land and Housing

Good Schools

GOD almighty i thank you for helping me make the right decision over a decade ago.grin

Nigeria = Useless Country ,Senseless people!

Ewu! Omo ale jati jati

3 Likes

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by playmode(m): 11:12am On May 25, 2013
RedBenson: Com here @playmode, who send u? Ur wife vex u last nite abi na marine spirit dey control u dis morning? Wch kind hard abuse be that? U 4get say na here u take ur 1st succour? Take ur time o.

Na my wife say make you vote Jonathan?? My wife dey spa dey get massage while you no get light to watch Tv. grin Besides i don't believe in all these marine spirit nonsense. Na d kind mentality wey dey kill us for Nigeria be dat.For other countries scientist dey invent cure for diseases thing but for Nigeria we still dey chase witches and marine spirits.Very soon Jonathan go blame mami water spirit for lack of electricity. Talk about a society lost in superstitious beliefs

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by playmode(m): 11:14am On May 25, 2013
Gheng:
Ewu! Omo ale jati jati

Same to you ,NBGEKE grin
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by econome(m): 11:16am On May 25, 2013
Is there power at Nigerians residence in diaspora?
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by yinxfun(m): 11:17am On May 25, 2013
@Ilorin......48hrs blackout...still countin
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by ochukoccna: 11:17am On May 25, 2013
No light here in my part of lasgidi
Thought it was the usual light outage which happens every evening
Been burn fuel since Thursday evening
Word from the grapevine says its caused by a system failure
WHAT A COUNTRY?! undecided
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by dasparrow: 11:23am On May 25, 2013
Gheng:
Ewu! Omo ale jati jati

LOL cheesy
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by dasparrow: 11:29am On May 25, 2013
playmode:

The Nigerians i am referring to are the ones who are corrupt,wicked and heartless not the honest hard working Nigerians.You must agree that the bad Nigerians out number good Nigerians 50 to 1.I am in no way referring to you or other Good Nigerians who realize the state we are in as nation.I am referring to Jonathan ,his wife ,all Nigerian politicians regardless of party affiliation and the people who intentionally voted for corrupt leaders after receiving bribes

Okay, makes sense. The situation in Nigeria is frustrating. I cannot even deny that. I have not seen light in my area for almost 1 week. I am going to my mom's place soon so that I can at least enjoy a little electricity. I thought of raising the family in Nigeria but I am afraid that I cannot. After service year, I am out of here before I loose my mind.
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by yeboyes: 11:31am On May 25, 2013
Here are some posts i made another topic in regards to the failure of the past and present Nigerian Government.They are relevant to this topic,please spread the word.The best way to educate our people is to show them what they are missing.Nigeria is at least 5 times richer than South Africa ,yet we get less than 5% of the Good governance and Infrastructure South Africans get.Please read the posts below and verify them,this is why Nigerian are flocking to South Africa and other countries everyday:

[b]The sad thing about Nigeria is that when these so called projects take place , presidents and Governors are always laying foundation and smiling for the camera but nothing gets done. To make matters worse when they build these so called airports they award the contracts to incompetent friends and what you get is a poorly designed,poorly built monstrosity that looks like a mosque or a very ugly warehouse.

I wonder why there are no pictures to show us what the new RE-CONSTRUCTED Enugu Airport looks like. Reminds me of an ss Governor who awarded himself a N7billion contract to construct a non-existent runway. In other countries they build airports without any politicians laying any foundation or commissioning anything. They just do it with no long stories or excessive fanfare.

Look at China, they built close to 10 brand new cities without making any noise .Google zhendong New District or Ordos city just to name a few. These project were undertaken with highest level of dedication ever witnessed in human history. Zhengdong New district alone cost $19 billion. Jonathan on the other hand stole over $30 billion from our foreign reserves in 3 years and has nothing to show for it.

Our Government makes over $100 billion every year from our Oil benefits yet we do not have world class cities ,reliable health facilities ,land lines, decent schools, budget housing or world class infrastructure, all we have is dumb politicians like Jonathan who just talk and talk.

If i were president i would have built at least 3 new cities since Jonathan became president and provided genuine budget housing for the masses. One of the easiest ways to grow an economy is by building new infrastructure and providing cheap housing.

How hard can it be for the Nigerian Government to build world class Hospitals?
How hard can it be for the Nigerian Government to build world class Roads?
How hard can it be for the Nigerian Government to build world class Schools?
How hard can it be for the Nigerian Government to build world class Coal Power Plant?
How hard can it be for the Nigerian Government to build world Dams?
How hard can it be for the Nigerian Government to build world class Nuclear Power Plants?
How hard can it be for the Nigerian Government to build world class Solar Power Plants?
How hard can it be for the Nigerian Government to build world class Airports?
How hard can it be for the Nigerian Government to build world class Universities?
How can all the above be when we make more than $50 billion yearly.

It is not hard at ALL, It is as simple as ABC if our President wants to do it but he does not "give a damn"

This same man awarded his stupid wife N4 billion to build a silly building that has no benefit for Nigerians. Do you know how many budget homes N4 billion Niara can build for Nigerians

We can chose to defend our slave master or choose to do away with them. We have the money to be great but we lack great leaders.

Let me show you what $19 billion of the $50 billion dollars Jonathan and his cronies steal every year can do for you my people if you elect the right leaders :

Zhengdong New District

Cost $19 Billlion

Duraction of Contruction : 4 Years

Total Population Capacity : 5 Million People

Current Population : 2.5 Million

Now imagine if for the next 3 years Jonathan put aside $19 billion a year to build one city each. In 3 years Lagos Population would have been reduced as these people will flock to the new cities to inhabit it. The $19 billion dollar city can house 5 million people that means that if Jonathan chooses to build 3 new cities he would have provided a place of abode for another 15 million people. This will also reduce the outrageous price of land in areas like Lagos and Abuja as people will have better alternatives.

The fact is that Jonathan does not care about you ,he only cares about himself, he has done NOTHING so far to show that he cares about the poor or the average Nigerian.

SHOW ME ONE THING HE HAS DONE THAT POOR NIGERIANS HAVE BENEFITED FROM.

If you cannot show me one thing this man has done for poor Nigerians surely he has failed and should never be given second a chance to return in 2015.Let us be honest with ourselves. At the end of the day , the only person you can trust is yourself. Put aside petty tribalism Hausa here, Biafra this ,Odua that or Muslim this ,Christian that. Think as an individual , as a Nigerian ,what has PDP done for you?[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by yeboyes: 11:31am On May 25, 2013
[b] Furthermore the so called Power Generation problems Nigeria has been having is not so difficult to solve.The problem once again is unintelligent and uncaring leaders like Jonathan.If i were the president of Nigeria i would have utilized all the water resources we have in Nigeria to generate power.

The bissest Dam in the world is the Three Goerges Dam in china which is similar in size to river Niger.What has the Nigerian Governemnt not considered damming the River Niger.

Allow me to elborate :

Three George Dam

Generating capacity : 22500 MW
Type of dam : Gravity dam
Height : 181 m (594 ft)
Length : 2,335 m (7,661 ft)
Crest width : 40 m (131 ft)
Base width : 115 m (377 ft)

Spillway capacity : 116,000 m3/s (4,100,000 cu ft/s)
Purpose : Hydroelectrical Power, flood control, navigation
Construction began : December 14, 1994
Opening date : 2008
Construction cost : $26 billion

Capacity : 39.3 km3 (31,900,000 acre·ft)
Catchment area : 1,000,000 km2 (390,000 sq mi)
Surface area : 1,045 km2 (403 sq mi)
Normal elevation : 175 m (574 ft)
Reservoir length : 600 km (370 mi)
Max. reservoir width: 1.1 km (0.68 mi) avg

Commission date :2003–2012
Type :Conventional
Hydraulic head Rated: 80.6 m (264 ft)
Maximum :113 m (371 ft)[1]
Turbines :32 × 700 MW,2 × 50 MW Francis-type
Installed capacity :22.5 GW
Capacity factor :0.45
Annual generation :80 TWh (290 PJ)
Net generation :556 TWh (2,000 PJ) (2012)

[img]http://www1.american.edu/ted/ICE/images5/bch_TGDat87and06.jpg[/img]

As you can see from the above the Chinese do not pay lip service to power generation ,they just do it.The base of the River Niger can easily accommodate a dam the same size or even bigger than the three Georges dam but our Government is not interested in long term solutions. Instead they had registering IPP who are building micro power some which generate less than 50MW.

The Jonathan Administration will not solve Nigeria’s power problems because they do not have a clue how to solve it. They opted for small scale solutions which are also short time solutions instead of looking at the geography of Nigeria and detecting areas where long term solutions can be planted to serve Nigeria into the next 30 years at least. The good thing about the design of the three George dam is that it has a shiplift which will allow container ships to go up and down the river with relative ease and without disturbing the dam.

The River at it is base is close to 1.8 km wide and the three Georges dam is just 1.1 km long. This proves that the Three Georges dam or something bigger can be replicated on the river Niger and with today improved technology up to 37000 MW can be generated form just that single dam. Such a project will easily light up Nigeria and give room for Government planners to start planning future power project without any pressure on them.

I even believe that three dams can be construction on the river Niger. A Dam could each be constructed on the Kwara side of the river ,the Benue Side of the River and the Imo side of the river at the base. This will increase power generation to over 50,000MW. If the Jonathan Government was clued they could put aside $15 Billion from Oil revenue every years to pay for this projct without borrowing. Besides we have foreign reserves ,we could use our current foreign reserves to pay for this project.

If Nigeria is fully lit up our economy will increase to over $1 Trillion in just 5 years. With a population of a 170 million and a fully electrified country there is no stopping us ,we will become a first world country in a matter of 30years. If only Nigeria can get a visionary and honest leader like me ,if only! PS i am not a graduate ,i am a university drop out but i am way more intelligent and clued up than most of these professor we keep appointing as ministers and electing as Presidents.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by omodapson(m): 11:32am On May 25, 2013
People dey suffer in this country. Thank God for where I live.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by yeboyes: 11:32am On May 25, 2013
otokx: The remodelled terminal job was below standard, we have been deceiving our selves in this country for a very long time.

@ yeboyes, don't be discouraged, keep on showing us some truth.

[b]Thank you my brother.Let me show you an example from another African country. Below is the newest Airport in South Africa.It was designed by a South African architect(Osmond Lange Architects) and built within 3 years by a South African construction company at a cost of $900 million.

They was no long stories or commission set ,there was no delay or embezzlement of funds.They needed a new aiprot and they just built without any hassle.Bear in Mind that South African Government makes less than the Nigerian Government.

Construction of the airport commenced on 24 August 2007.The airport handled its first commercial flights on 1 May 2010

[img]http://hibiscuscoast.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/King-Shaka-International-Airport-Durban-KZN.-La-Mercy-International-Airport-17.jpg[/img]

You can see from this picture below that they made adequate arrangement for covered parking so there is no clutter or traffic.That is evidence of good leadership ,great planning and competent execution of projects.

[img]http://www.airbiz.aero/assets/Uploads/what-we-do/strategic-planning/_resampled/croppedimage960538-Strategic-Planning-5-KSIA.jpg[/img]

The picture below shows part of the construction process

[img]http://3.bp..com/_sdrItg5w-eU/S-SGiRK_IWI/AAAAAAAAAFE/A27YTsOWrnw/s1600/2m9xl2.jpg[/img][/b]

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by dasparrow: 11:33am On May 25, 2013
econome: Is there power at Nigerians residence in diaspora?

If they are paying their power bills consistently, I would say yes except in the event of a natural disaster like tornadoes or hurricanes that knock down electric polls.
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by yeboyes: 11:34am On May 25, 2013
billante:

You expect the federal govt to bring out a whooping 546 billion naira to build one power plant!! how much go come remain for other capital projects that are yearning for attention

In comparison govt is building a 3500 mega watts power plant at mambilla, even though its not using its own money to build it.....another private company is building a 1500 MW coal fired power plant in kogi state.

let the private sector be the one building upcoming power generation plants that nigeria needs to be a fully industrialized country......The govt has opened the sector for them to do so,
Dont expect the govt to use 3/4 of its capital budget to build one power plant just to answer a performing govt, thats stupidity to me

[b]We have close to $45 billion in foreign reserves at the moment. The money is just sitting in a bank account doing absolutely nothing for Nigerians. When Jonathan took over power we had over $35 billion but he withdrew the whole money, shared with his cronies and used the rest to campaign. Where were you then? Why did you not ask why Jonathan spent a whooping $35 billion on nothing?

If Jonathan can waste money on his cronies why can’t the Nigerian Government spend N546 billion to light up Nigeria? The minimum the Government makes every year from ONLY oil is $52 billion, what is wrong if they use half of that to build a massive power plant?

Are you saying the Chinese Government that spent $26 billion on the three Georges dam are stupid? Do you know when that dam was initiated? Construction of the dam began in 1984.At that time China was a nobody but they started building infrastructure rapidly because their leaders were visionaries who realized that those infrastructure will benefit them in future. Fast forward to 2013 and China is now the second largest economy in world and to top that , they own America!

Are you saying the leaders of South Africa are stupid by spending billions of dollars on new power plants? Right now the South Africans are spending close to $30 billion dollars to build 3 new coals plants,a solar plant and a new nuclear power plant. I guess according to you the South Africans are very stupid.

The South Africans are so stupid that Nigerians are flocking to their country to seek greener pastures. I wonder why the smart Nigerians are running away from Nigeria and running to stay with the stupid South Africans who wasted all their money to achieve 24 hours electricity, good roads, good hospitals, good schools and every other necessary infrastructure as well as services.

Let me ask you one question do we have a 911 line in Nigeria? In South Africa they have emergency lines for ambulances which shows up at your house within 10 minutes of calling. I guess they are also stupid for maintaining their health services to a high standard that anyone in the country can get an ambulance or helicopter free of charge within 10 minutes.

Nigerians leaders are so smart that Sick Nigerians including the wife of the smart Nigerian President are flying abroad for treatment when they get a small stomach ache. Yet the stupid South Africans built the world’s largest hospital known as baragwanath hospital.

[img]http://cdn.mg.co.za/crop/content/images/2012/06/18/0000122914.jpg/610x350/[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_SAgVJjEZ_GA/SD7QtXWLmVI/AAAAAAAABZA/MYY79-2LsWE/s400/IMG_1723.JPG[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/09/26092010015.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/10/p1000372-medium.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/10/p1000320-medium.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/09/015-medium1.jpg[/img]

Baragwanath Hospital is such a world class Hospital that medical schools in countries like USA, England,Australia and others send their student yearly to come and train there for six months at a time.

According to Guinness book of record Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital is the biggest hospital in the world.The South Africans must be very stupid and wasteful to have built such a big hospital like this to accommodate many sick South africans. Below is Google map image of the scale of the entire hospital:

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/07/satellitenbild_bara2.png[/img]

When the smart Nigerians need a DNA test ,they fly the test sample to the Stupid South Africans in the above hospital because the Nigerians in all their smartness do not have a single DNA lab in the country.

Your argument is extremely flawed because you are indirectly saying it is okay for politicians to squander trillions of Naira every year but it is not okay for the Nigerian Government to spend money on a brand new power plant.

I am sure you also do not want the FG to spend $3billion to build two new state of art hospitals for Nigerians because it is a very stupid idea.

Your mindset is the same mindset our leaders have. Instead of just doing what they were elected to do they will say N564 billion is too much to spend on a new power project and make all kinds of excuses but they won’t find it hard embezzle the same money in order to hide it in offshore accounts.

Like I said before and I will always say it again, our leaders are not interested in changing our lives for the better. You just proved it with your comment that there are many Nigerians unfortunately who will not do what is right because they are not capable of doing the right thing. Instead they will make all kind of ridiculous excuses. The senators in Abuja earn $1.8 million dollars a year but you are complaining about spending N546 billion on electrifying Nigeria for a long time to come.

Those IPPs they are building now will not sustain Nigeria ,with a population of 160 million plus ,we need at least 100,000MW to have stable power supply. All the current IPPs combined will not even reach 12000MW so why only go for them when we have the money to do more.

Let me ask you one question ,GOD forbid if you have a child who has cancer and the Hospital told you that you need to pay them ¾ of your 1 year income to save him ,what will you do?

Will you say the money is too much and let the child die even though you know you will make the money back next year?
[/b]
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by yeboyes: 11:35am On May 25, 2013
[b]Jonathan was in South Africa last week and i wonder if he was ashamed at how developed South Africa is compared to Nigeria which is richer than South Africa in Government Revenue.

President Zuma of South Africa has built more infrastructure since becoming President of SA 3 years ago than Jonathan will ever build even if he was president of Nigeria for 50 years.I urge the supporters of Jonathan to show me one infrastructure that Jonathan has actively built brand New from the ground up that is beneficial to Nigerians? Just one!

Right now South Africa is building a new dry-cooled coal-fired power station known as the The Medupi Power Station.When completed, the power station is to have six boilers each powering an 800 MW turbine, producing 4800 MW of power. It is expected to become the largest dry-cooled coal fired power station in the world.Contracts have been placed with Hitachi to supply the boilers and Alstom to provide the steam turbines for this plant.At R33.6 Billion, these are the biggest contracts ever placed by Eskom. Super-critical boilers will be used to improve the efficiency of the power plant.This will raise the total power generation in South Africa to close to 50,000MW from the exsiting 40,000 MW

Here are pictures of the construction site of the The Medupi Power Station:

By the time they finish this is what it will look like :

Apart from that they are also building another new Coal power plant called the Kusile Power Station.This station will generate another 4800MW increasing the National grid to close to 55000 MW for a population of 50 Million people

Here is a picture of the construction site:

In Enugu ,we have coal ,yet we can't build coal plants,Nigeria we hail! embarassed

The South African Government also have other on going projects to boost power generations in the country ,the plans are so many that i can not mention them all here.That being i will post an image which detail the plan of SA's power company on the long term.This image shows you the difference between the donkeys we have in the Nigerian Government and the intelligent folks we have ion the South African Government:

I specifically chose South Africa for this comparison because i know if i use USA ,people will say how can i compare Nigeria to USA who earns more than us.One thing i like about the South Africans is that they are efficient and patriotic.When they say they will complete a project in 3 years ,they complete in 2 years and 10 months.They are always ahead of schedule because they put country first before their pockets.

If it was Nigeria ,the project will drag on and on for decades without being completed due to lack of human compassion,lack of patriotism ,corruption and acute backwardness.

Nigeria clearly earns more than SA so how come they have more power stations than us? What do we do with our own money?Oh yes we use it to fund and rig elections.Please Rueben Abati aka "the grand liar" come and answer these question on behalf of your master.I am waiting for how you are going to spin this grin

[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by yeboyes: 11:36am On May 25, 2013
[b]I am sure like every other blind Jonathan Supporter ,Rueben Abati will blame Boko haram for the lack of electricity in Nigeria.Just notice how the usual Jonathan supporters have run away from this thread. Chai their lies have finished.E no finish? Oya make una come lie for una Oga at the top? Why are the south Africans building while you guys are speaking yeye grammer?

South African Government gives it's poor citizens free houses called RDP houses,Yes FREE (awoof) houses, 100% free no string attached.They care about their people so they build free houses for them.Below is a picture of some of the RDP houses:

How many Houses have the Nigerian Government donated to the poor? zero! Yet Patience Jonathan gets N4 billion to do as she please. Chai yeye country!

Even the so called low cost housing built by state and federal Government in Nigeria are only for millionaires.We are completely scrwed in Nigeria.The time to act is now ,vote out PDP and vote out some ACN,CPC,ANPP,AGPA Governors who have not performed.Vote for good leaders,leaders like me who are ready to make a very drastic change.The kind of change that will make the cabals go into hiding and never surface again. shocked

Under the right leadership ,Nigeria will make rapid progress.We need to eliminate cabals,corruption,tribalism,nepotism and incompetence.

[/b]
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by phantom(m): 11:47am On May 25, 2013
yeboyes:

[b]We have close to $45 billion in foreign reserves at the moment. The money is just sitting in a bank account doing absolutely nothing for Nigerians. When Jonathan took over power we had over $35 billion but he withdrew the whole money, shared with his cronies and used the rest to campaign. Where were you then? Why did you not ask why Jonathan spent a whooping $35 billion on nothing?

If Jonathan can waste money on his cronies why can’t the Nigerian Government spend N546 billion to light up Nigeria? The minimum the Government makes every year from ONLY oil is $52 billion, what is wrong if they use half of that to build a massive power plant?

Are you saying the Chinese Government that spent $26 billion on the three Georges dam are stupid? Do you know when that dam was initiated? Construction of the dam began in 1984.At that time China was a nobody but they started building infrastructure rapidly because their leaders were visionaries who realized that those infrastructure will benefit them in future. Fast forward to 2013 and China is now the second largest economy in world and to top that , they own America!

Are you saying the leaders of South Africa are stupid by spending billions of dollars on new power plants? Right now the South Africans are spending close to $30 billion dollars to build 3 new coals plants,a solar plant and a new nuclear power plant. I guess according to you the South Africans are very stupid.

The South Africans are so stupid that Nigerians are flocking to their country to seek greener pastures. I wonder why the smart Nigerians are running away from Nigeria and running to stay with the stupid South Africans who wasted all their money to achieve 24 hours electricity, good roads, good hospitals, good schools and every other necessary infrastructure as well as services.

Let me ask you one question do we have a 911 line in Nigeria? In South Africa they have emergency lines for ambulances which shows up at your house within 10 minutes of calling. I guess they are also stupid for maintaining their health services to a high standard that anyone in the country can get an ambulance or helicopter free of charge within 10 minutes.

Nigerians leaders are so smart that Sick Nigerians including the wife of the smart Nigerian President are flying abroad for treatment when they get a small stomach ache. Yet the stupid South Africans built the world’s largest hospital known as baragwanath hospital.

[img]http://cdn.mg.co.za/crop/content/images/2012/06/18/0000122914.jpg/610x350/[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_SAgVJjEZ_GA/SD7QtXWLmVI/AAAAAAAABZA/MYY79-2LsWE/s400/IMG_1723.JPG[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/09/26092010015.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/10/p1000372-medium.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/10/p1000320-medium.jpg[/img]

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/09/015-medium1.jpg[/img]

Baragwanath Hospital is such a world class Hospital that medical schools in countries like USA, England,Australia and others send their student yearly to come and train there for a six months at a time.

According to Guinness book of record Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital is the biggest hospital in the world.The South Africans must be very stupid and wasteful to have built such a big hospital like this to accommodate many sick South africans. Below is Google map image of the scale of the entire hospital:

[img]http://jburgblog.files./2010/07/satellitenbild_bara2.png[/img]

When the smart Nigerians need a DNA test ,they fly the test sample to the Stupid South Africans in the above hospital because the Nigerians in all their smartness do not have a single DNA lab in the country.

Your argument is extremely flawed because you are indirectly saying it is okay for politicians to squander trillions of Naira every year but it is not okay for the Nigerian Government to spend money on a brand new power plant.

I am sure you also do not want the FG to spend $3billion to build two new state of art hospitals for Nigerians because it is a very stupid idea.

Your mindset is the same mindset our leaders have. Instead of just doing what they were elected to do they will say N564 billion is too much to spend on a new power project and make all kinds of excuses but they won’t find it hard embezzle the same money in order to hide it in offshore accounts.

Like I said before and I will always say it again, our leaders are not interested in changing our lives for the better. You just proved it with your comment that there are many Nigerians unfortunately who will not do what is right because they are not capable of doing the right thing. Instead they will make all kind of ridiculous excuses. The senators in Abuja earn $1.8 million dollars a year but you are complaining about spending N546 billion on electrifying Nigeria for a long time to come.

Those IPPs they are building now will not sustain Nigeria ,with a population of 160 million plus ,we need at least 100,000MW to have stable power supply. All the current IPPs combined will not even reach 12000MW so why only go for them when we have the money to do more.

Let me ask you one question ,GOD forbid if you have a child who has cancer and the Hospital told you that you need to pay them ¾ of your 1 year income to save him ,what will you do?

Will you say the money is too much and let the child die even though you know you will make the money back next year?
[/b]
i perfectly understand your frustration but you must also remember that our power problem is a combination of generation,transmission and distribution issues.transmission is in fact the main problem because at it is the little power we can generate, if evacuated efficiently can guarantee power for at least 10-12 hours everyday honestly speaking.no be today our country begin decay and its going to be bloody expensive if you try to clean up the rot in just 4 years.SA has a population of about 45million,naija 170million...

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by coolzeal(m): 11:54am On May 25, 2013
@Yeboyes, reading all you have posted brought nothing but sadness, tears and anger to me. Sometimes i wonder or ask myself, where do we go wrong? And what has happened to this country called Nigeria? You know i feel so ashamed living in abroad witnessing massive development and my country is just a piss of garbage. The world is leaving us behind and we need to act fast because our leaders are doing us wrong. Imagine a country as rich as Nigeria cannot boast of adequate electricity and other social amenities.
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by GHSwagg: 11:54am On May 25, 2013
Sorry Naija! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry grin
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by playmode(m): 11:59am On May 25, 2013
dasparrow:

Okay, makes sense. The situation in Nigeria is frustrating. I cannot even deny that. I have not seen light in my area for almost 1 week. I am going to my mom's place soon so that I can at least enjoy a little electricity. I thought of raising the family in Nigeria but I am afraid that I cannot. After service year, I am out of here before I loose my mind.

[b]Thank you for your honest reply.Many people here will think i hate Nigeria or enjoy insulting my own people.That is not the case.Just like you ,i care and i am frustrated with the situation even though i am not directly affected by it.I feel so bad that my children may never want to come and live in Nigeria because of all the problems.

I feel sad that my people after 50 years of independence and $150 billion a year revenue are still living like slaves.I am tired of keeping quiet and i am going to take to youtube to lambast the Nigerian leadership.We must expose these leader for what they are .If need we should ask for foreign intervention to help end all this mess once and for all.Our problems can be fixed within a short period of time if we get the right leaders.It is a bonafide fact.Don't listen to people who ask to stay in Nigeria,travel out and see what living like a normal human being feel like.Trust me you never look back except to help make positive changes.

The overseas experience is not describable ,you have to experience to know what it feel like. In my 13 years of living abroad there has only being 3 power failures and they warned us in advance before they switched off the light.They switched off the light to remove old transformers and replace them with new ones.My brother come and see Good governance you will never be the same again.

Our people don't like to listen and they are too tribalistic to be intellegnt. They focus so much on tribe instead of substance.They don't care if a political candidate is a convicted thief.As long as he comes from their tribe they will vote for him.That tell me that there is something acutely wrong with the mentality of most Nigerians.People like Jonathan ,David Mark,Tinubu,Obasanjo,Yara dua,Akpabio,Ameachi,Okorocha and all the other politicians should not be leaders in any country.Most of these people are not intelligent.They are just rich corrupt people who use money to buy their way into power

Igbos are so corrupt that they always end up selling their birth right and voting for the wrong candidate to the detriment of their own IGBO agenda. Yorubas are too religious & professional back stabbers that they always support the wrong person to their own detriment and Hausas are too power obsessed that they feel all Nigerian leader musts always be Hausa. This is our biggest problem ,tribal politics.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by phantom(m): 12:01pm On May 25, 2013
its easy to get angry wneh you see other countries that dont have what you have make giant strides honestly but truth be told we cant just sit down and throw figures around.we have had and still have devilishly corrupt leaders but IMHO if jesus comes down now and heads this country we will not see much change in 4 years you may not believe it.WHY? because our problem as a country has gone way beyond just our terrible leaders but also the followers.
In fact the MAIN PROBLEM WE HAVE is our present structure!!!nigeria has no foundation!no sense of nationhood amongst its citizens.this faulty structure wouldnt be the issue it is today if WE HAD CONTINOUSLY HAD GOOD LEADERS from inception.if economic progression and sustainability had been the watch word from day 1,tribalism and religion would have been diluted.these things wouldnt be an issue today but what do we have now? an existing faulty structure that has been made weaker by bad leaders. sad
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by playmode(m): 12:02pm On May 25, 2013
phantom: its easy to get angry wneh you see other countries that dont have what you have make giant strides honestly but truth be told we cant just sit down and throw figures around.we have had and still have devilishly corrupt leaders but IMHO if jesus comes down now and heads this country we will not see much change in 4 years you may not believe it.WHY? because our problem as a country has gone way beyond just our terrible leaders but also the followers.
In fact the MAIN PROBLEM WE HAVE is our present structure!!!nigeria has no foundation!no sense of nationhood amongst its citizens.this faulty structure wouldnt be the issue it is today if WE HAD CONTINOUSLY HAD GOOD LEADERS from inception.if economic progression and sustainability had been the watch word from day 1,tribalism and religion would have been diluted.these things wouldnt be an issue today but what do we have now? an existing faulty structure that has been made weaker by bad leaders. sad

[b]I can't believe i am saying this but i will just say it: MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS HONEST POST.

You see we are on the same page except i am so tired i used harsh words to express my frustration.What you have said is true and same as what i have been trying to say.

The reality is this : Where do we go from here

Do we keep sitting and feeling defeated or do we start mobilizing in every capacity to educate our fellow Nigerians?

Nigeria has a large community on facebook ,twitter and other social mediums .Why are are we not doing like the Egyptians and Libyans and organizing online rallies for starters to educate people.We can't just sit back and hope for the best.

I for one feel that Nigerian are too obsessed with the mentality of : "he go better" , "God's time is best" or "God will help us". I read my bible very well and last i checked GOD specifically stated that he will only help those who help themselves.We are a nation of 170 million why are we so scared of less than 100,000 thieves in Government.

In South Africa when the Government does nonsense ,the people go to the streets and start rioting.They don't tolerate nonsense ,that is why Government is doing everything to please the people.Now SA is just 50 million with probably the best equipped military in Africa ,yet the citizen are not scared of their government.

We have to make our Government be scared of the people,we have to show them that we have the power, not them.The only way we can do is by being united with one voice ,No Igbo ,No Yoruba ,No Hausa ,just Nigerians aka wazobians. We must start from somewhere and we must be serious if we want serious results.Enough of talking and fighting kung fu on Nairaland. Let us unite with one voice and criticize where necessary without fear,excuses,favor or tribal sentiment. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by phantom(m): 12:06pm On May 25, 2013
OUR STRUCTURE IS THE PROBLEM! we cannot move foward without it.why should a nation move foward when the citizens do not see themselves as nationals? ive said this before and ill say it again.i personall feel like someone thrown into a room full of strangers,none of them smiling and some looking like theyll rob me at the slightest chance....and i am sure many people also feel like me.
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by StateOfMind: 12:07pm On May 25, 2013
There is no black out in my own area o, we dey get light steadily...
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 25, 2013
I just phoned Phcn Despatch @ Isolo and was told its a general collapse but they are working on it and hopefully my area of surulere may be restored today cos we've been in total blackout since wednesday.
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by uthmanj(m): 12:12pm On May 25, 2013
No light still in Ilorin. Power was restored 5 am dis morning but only lasted 4 an hour or there about.
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by automaticcarzz: 12:25pm On May 25, 2013
tspun: u don mad bfor? Y calling nigerians senseless pple. Have you forgotten ur parent still live here. .Idiot....

You have to understand his frustration and disappointment. He was trying to say Nigerians are making mistake voting the wrong people into power. Nigeria is a lot richer than South Africa. I live in the U.S and Nigerians should live as well as the American counterparts. Look at the way billions being wasted on contracts worth 500% less than awarded contracts. Look at abandoned contracts everywhere you go in Nigeria.
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by burukutu10(m): 12:25pm On May 25, 2013
there no light yet in gusau,zamfara
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by dilim247: 12:34pm On May 25, 2013
No light in warri
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by dasparrow: 12:37pm On May 25, 2013
playmode:

[b]Thank you for your honest reply.Many people here will think i hate Nigeria or enjoy insulting my own people.That is not the case.Just like you ,i care and i am frustrated with the situation even though i am not directly affected by it.I feel so bad that my children may never want to come and live in Nigeria because of all the problems.

I feel sad that my people after 50 years of independence and $150 billion a year revenue are still living like slaves.I am tired of keeping quiet and i am going to take to youtube to lambast the Nigerian leadership.We must expose these leader for what they are .If need we should ask for foreign intervention to help end all this mess once and for all.Our problems can be fixed within a short period of time if we get the right leaders.It is a bonafide fact.Don't listen to people who ask to stay in Nigeria,travel out and see what living like a normal human being feel like.Trust me you never look back except to help make positive changes.

The overseas experience is not describable ,you have to experience to know what it feel like. In my 13 years of living abroad there has only being 3 power failures and they warned us in advance before they switched off the light.They switched off the light to remove old transformers and replace them with new ones.My brother come and see Good governance you will never be the same again.

Our people don't like to listen and they are too tribalistic to be intellegnt. They focus so much on tribe instead of substance.They don't care if a political candidate is a convicted thief.As long as he comes from their tribe they will vote for him.That tell me that there is something acutely wrong with the mentality of most Nigerians.People like Jonathan ,David Mark,Tinubu,Obasanjo,Yara dua,Akpabio,Ameachi,Okorocha and all the other politicians should not be leaders in any country.Most of these people are not intelligent.They are just rich corrupt people who use money to buy their way into power

Igbos are so corrupt that they always end up selling their birth right and voting for the wrong candidate to the detriment of their own IGBO agenda. Yorubas are too religious & professional back stabbers that they always support the wrong person to their own detriment and Hausas are too power obsessed that they feel all Nigerian leader musts always be Hausa. This is our biggest problem ,tribal politics.

[/b]

I know all this. I was not born in Nigeria. I was born in western Europe and have spent most of my life on earth between Europe and USA, so I know exactly what you are talking about. I spent 11 years in Nigeria as a growing child and I just came back to Nigeria 6 months ago to serve (NYSC). It has been a struggle since I came. We go sometimes 4 weeks straight with not one second of light and that is in Abuja, the so-called capital of the nation. When I go to the filling station to buy fuel for the generator, the filling station clerk is telling me that she won't sell for me except "I settle her." Everyday, one is inhaling petrol fume while filling up the generator.

Some NYSC officials were taking bribes from corpers and in turn processing their paperwork faster. You go to any of the ministries in Nigeria and many of the civil servants working there will not do the work they are being paid to do until you bribe them. I want you to know that leadership is not the only problem we have in Nigeria. The average Nigerian here in Nigeria is equally guilty of corruption. The worst part of the matter is that when Sunday comes, they are all flocking to church to raise up soiled, I mean holy hands. Many Nigerians here in Nigeria are not enlightened and that includes the ones who attended university as well. The illiteracy rate is very high and many Nigerians only speak and understand Nigerian languages or pidgin English.

The environment is overwhelmingly filthy with garbage strewn all over the place. In fact, to cut a long story short, Nigeria is just not it. I just can't.

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by automaticcarzz: 12:39pm On May 25, 2013
googlepikin: I thought you once said you stay in banana island? SMH

Na liar e be! F00lish billionaire.
Re: Nationwide Blackout? 24 Hours And Counting by delors(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2013
otokx: still no power in UNIPORT and ALUU.
Well, dem no suppose give ALUU power at all for the next 32 years. Una no deserve am. Go buy candle abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thugs Invade Ekiti Assembly Vicinity / Christian Leaders Reject Buhari During Osinbajo's Nocturnal Visit To Yola / Yemi Kale Speaks About False Economic Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.