Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

State Of Origin For A Married Woman. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / State Of Origin For A Married Woman. (3299 Views)

Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination / Osun -- State Of The Living Spring! Identify Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Origin For A Married Woman. by Ogadtop(m): 9:42am On May 25, 2013
my wife wanted to fill a form and we were confused what state of origin to use for her.she hails from osun state and i am from ekiti state. i want to ask folks in d house what state of origin a married woman should use and at what point can she use her hubby's state as hers?
Re: State Of Origin For A Married Woman. by Afam4eva(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2013
Did she become a man because she married you? Her state of origin is Osun not Ekiti.
Re: State Of Origin For A Married Woman. by ifyalways(f): 10:06am On May 25, 2013
Depends on the form to be filled and for what reason.
I use my husbands sometimes.
Re: State Of Origin For A Married Woman. by greedie1(f): 10:29am On May 25, 2013
she retains her state of origin na... ur kids can have urs.
Re: State Of Origin For A Married Woman. by tpia5: 2:14pm On May 25, 2013
she can use your state if she doesnt like hers.
Re: State Of Origin For A Married Woman. by Afam4eva(m): 1:21am On May 26, 2013
tpia@:
she can use your state if she doesnt like hers.
No she can't because when asked to show official proof she can't.
Re: State Of Origin For A Married Woman. by Ogadtop(m): 3:26pm On May 26, 2013
thanks folks for all the posts.we used her state of origin anyway because what i understand about the state of origin is the state where one originates from.she originated from osun state.thanks
Re: State Of Origin For A Married Woman. by tpia5: 4:46pm On May 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
No she can't because when asked to show official proof she can't.

she has no proof of her state of origin but has proof of her husband's own?

how did he get his,and why is it difficult for her to get hers the same way?

just asking, of course if she wants to claim her husband's state its entirely up to her.
Re: State Of Origin For A Married Woman. by Afam4eva(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2013
tpia@:

she has no proof of her state of origin but has proof of her husband's own?

how did he get his,and why is it difficult for her to get hers the same way?

just asking, of course if she wants to claim her husband's state its entirely up to her.
There's nowhere in the OP's post did he claim that his wife does not have a proof of her state of origin.

And she can't claim her husband's state. State of origin is not the same as state of citizenship or adoption. The term "origin" if gotten from "original" which means your original state.

(1) (Reply)

Oduduwa And The Nimrod (lamurudu) Connection. / Why Can't Bini, Urhobo, Ikwerre, Isoko, Esan, Afemai Be Seen As One? / Why Do Women bear Their Husband's Surname?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.