Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,642 members, 7,861,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:22 AM

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread - TV/Movies (1491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread (2183209 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa The Chase Finale After-party Pictures / Angelo And Bimp Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) ... (2727) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GHKWAME(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2013
vianny18: Guys,please search for 'big brother africa 8' on facebook,they ave over 19,000 followers and they ave been discrediting melvin,calling him gay and worst is the owner of that page is team beverly..I am really heart broken cos of the stuff they are writing about melvin,the people are really trying so hard to paint melvin black,i thought this was supposed to be a game but this people are clearly playing dirty.
Oh! That is Bad. But then again, I stand corrected, I think they feel its payback Time for the kind of horrid invectives that have been spewed on Beverly by some Nigerians and as such they assume any Nigerian who is against Melvin is an associate of "Melvin Extremist Group"..... Geez this is just a game.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Dannyxy(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2013
Pls someone should drop the links to all these f.b pages...i need to pay them a visit
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by wildchild1: 10:49am On Aug 21, 2013
Mariarocks:

Did you watch all stars at all? There were 5 people at the finale (all contenders) and the only way Uti won was cause Kenya sacrificed Sheila (who was also in the finale) for him. So I don't get what u are talking about. Mwisho's country voted Mwisho, SA voted Lerato, it was only Kenya that sacrificed

Yeah,we had 5 people at the finale namely,Uti,Munya,Sheila,Lerato and Mwisho but only Uti and Munya were voted for,Uti had 8votes(Angola, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Uganda and the Rest of Africa)while Munya had 7 (Botswana, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe) as you can see both SA and Tanzania voted Munya not their contestants grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by THEAMAKA(f): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2013
GH KWAME:
IMHO, that is Bad. What is wrong in retweeting or asking peepz to vote for the one HM whom you were close to? What makes him different from Pokello kum Fatima for Elikem? Maria for Dillish? Hakeem for cleo? Etc ....

Leave him alone na! Na by force to campaign? Africa is already voting who they wanna vote for whether he says so or not. Watching Angelo, it seems like he can't be bothered by such things. So that fans and haters alike can start insulting him left and right?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2013
wild child:

Yeah,we had 5 people at the finale namely,Uti,Munya,Sheila,Lerato and Mwisho but only Uti and Munya were voted for,Uti had 8votes(Angola, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Uganda and the Rest of Africa)while Munya had 7 (Botswana, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe) as you can see both SA and Tanzania voted Munya not their contestants grin grin grin

Ahn ahn SA voted Lerato and TZ voted Mwisho
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Krasid(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2013
Dannyxy: Pls someone should drop the links to all these f.b pages...i need to pay them a visit
Do you think you can take them on your own?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by THEAMAKA(f): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2013
safarigirl:

All starts my dear. Nigerians don't even hate Melvin the way they hated Uti. Anyone that followed that Season on forums will tell you that! Or is it because they are now famzing Uti or what? I keep saying it till now! Most Nigerians were bad mouthing the same Uti they now claim has 9ja swag, just watch those voting Elikem, they'll do the same when Melvin wins...it's our way na..u shouldn't be surprised

Wait first you said Nigeria is overwhelmingly behind Melvin and now its Nigerians hate Melvin? Ah ah, which one is it? You'll have to agree that its not everybody that is fond of certain housemates just because they represent their country. As in Beverly's case and her people adopting Dillish over her.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2013
@fork addict when you come online, please quote what @GOM is talking about. I won't go off on you now but keep on running your mouth
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2013
GH KWAME:
Oh! That is Bad. But then again, I stand corrected, I think they feel its payback Time for the kind of horrid invectives that have been spewed on Beverly by some Nigerians and as such they assume any Nigerian who is against Melvin is an associate of "Melvin Extremist Group"..... Geez this is just a game.

Abeg...didn't she do those things?
Btw no one should forget that bev's fans started attacking Melvin 1st. Remember her drunking antics and the war it triggered with her fans saying Melvin is fake and he wants bev to appear in a bad light to others? The problem with most people is that they start something and go on the defensive. Now everyone keeps saying Melvin's fans were the ones insulting beverly (people with short term memories).

Btw, I don't mean to be against beverly or something. But I've being seeing too much bev is real and mel is fake. A simple question.

How do you call someone who lies on daily basis Real?

IMO bev and karen aren't the same. Even tho I didn't support karen she WAS real and never had to sell lies to us in the name of entertainment. If you think lying makes someone real then you need to go back to grade 1.
There's a HUGE difference between being outspoken and being real
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 21, 2013
BizBloke:

Looool. I dey change moniker sef. On Saturday. New NL life noni grin

Lol. Don't o. I like your moniker serioulsy. It's cool cool
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2013
THE AMAKA:

Wait first you said Nigeria is overwhelmingly behind Melvin and now its Nigerians hate Melvin? Ah ah, which one is it? You'll have to agree that its not everybody that is fond of certain housemates just because they represent their country. As in Beverly's case and her people adopting Dillish over her.

Read my post well madam before you start flying.
Nigeria is behind Melvin doesn't mean that all Nigerians are behind Melvin (fallacy)
I said they hated Uti more than they hate Melvin. Shouldn't that ring something in your brain?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by dominique(f): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2013
Mariarocks:

Did you watch all stars at all? There were 5 people at the finale (all contenders) and the only way Uti won was cause Kenya sacrificed Sheila (who was also in the finale) for him. So I don't get what u are talking about. Mwisho's country voted Mwisho, SA voted Lerato, it was only Kenya that sacrificed

Huh Are we talking about the same show? It was Uti's 8 country votes against Munya's 7 Sheila, Mwisho and Lerato had zero country votes.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by wildchild1: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2013
safarigirl:

All starts my dear. Nigerians don't even hate Melvin the way they hated Uti. Anyone that followed that Season on forums will tell you that! Or is it because they are now famzing Uti or what? I keep saying it till now! Most Nigerians were bad mouthing the same Uti they now claim has 9ja swag, just watch those voting Elikem, they'll do the same when Melvin wins...it's our way na..u shouldn't be surprised
Nigerians loved Uti from the beginning of the show,cos he didnt do anything they really hated and he also got sympathy likes when he lost his dad and most forums i followed then,most people loved him,even on twitter,the campaign was very good despite the fact that twitter wasnt popular,only few people like us were fully active then grin grin grin and dont even go to facebook cos that was the biggest campaign then...so i really dont understand when 9JA hated Uti that season
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2013
Mariarocks:

Actually, wild child is correct. SA and TZ voted for Munya.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2013
BizBloke:

Handsome Jesus. I'm dead. You wicked o.

Are you holding down Skelewu, too?

Lol, nah. Skelewu should be for melvin if the stuff I'm reading are anything to go by

I'm strictly attacking akpors cos random attacks will yield nothing. Just wanna focus on akoprs and fire away, if I can capture one enemy territory for for melvin, I'd be glad wink
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Dannyxy(m): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2013
Krasid: Do you think you can take them on your own?
i am sure there are pple defending melvin there already,i want to go nd join hands with them...
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by THEAMAKA(f): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2013
safarigirl:

Read my post well madam before you start flying.
Nigeria is behind Melvin doesn't mean that all Nigerians are behind Melvin (fallacy)
I said they hated Uti more than they hate Melvin. Shouldn't that ring something in your brain?

The word "hate" is what i find funny. Because they don't prefer him doesn't mean they hate him. Simple. Does that ring into YOUR brain?

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 21, 2013
THE AMAKA:
I conquer.
I was gonna write something similar to this. @ochongonoko! Kinda what i wanted to say but not in detail.

Lol.. Still write yours sha, wanna see it wink
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lechiffre: 11:05am On Aug 21, 2013
wild child: Big Brother: The Chase kicks off on 26 May(tomorrow) 19:00 CAT on AfricaMagic Entertainment and a variety of other channels across DStv and on DStv Mobile.

The eighth season of the hit reality TV show will be screened live 24/7 for 91 days on DStv channels 197 and 198 and highlight packages will also be screened on three other DStv channels.

So here we go,there will be 14 countries with 2 housemates each making it a total of 28 housemates to battle it out for 91 days.....if you're ready and cant wait,oya LIKE this post and lets get the show started already grin grin grin grin

Hmmm I will tell your mommy
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by THEAMAKA(f): 11:05am On Aug 21, 2013
ochongonoko:

Lol.. Still write yours sha, wanna see it wink

Will do later. But now i'm going to sleep. Goodnight! kiss
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 21, 2013
ItsModella:

Maybe i'm wrong then. @wildchild, sorry for that
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by russello: 11:08am On Aug 21, 2013
Mariarocks:

Lool I'm sorry I don't. I completely fail at coded language. You have to tell me straight up and modify after

Melvin is already sure of 5 country votes. So, while we are trying to make it six (6) we must ensure the remaining 9 to 10 country votes are evenly divided among the remain 4 HMs. The strategy here is to make sure no one among the remaining 4 HMs gets more than 4 country votes. That's when you have to go a little bit dirty (which you have been doing unknowingly).

How?
Identify any country that's indecisive about which between 2 HMs (with the exclusion of the Golden Boy), then try voting for the least popular HM using under that country so as to split their votes or give it to the HM that poses least threat.

Examples
1. If Malawi is thorn between Dillish and Elikem....i will vote AAV for Elikem under Malawi
2. If Botswana is thorn between Beverly and Cleo....i will vote AAV for Beverly under Botswana

Hope i'm making sense anyway

Btw...anyboby is most welcome to call me a sadist. undecided

At the end of the day this is my prediction for sunday.

Six (6) Countries votes - MELVIN (BBA8 Winner)
Four (4) countries votes - _____
Three (3) countries votes - _____
Two (2) countries votes - _____
Zero (0) countries votes - _____

Feel free to fill in the blank space tongue
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 21, 2013
vianny18: Guys,please search for 'big brother africa 8' on facebook,they ave over 19,000 followers and they ave been discrediting melvin,calling him gay and worst is the owner of that page is team beverly..I am really heart broken cos of the stuff they are writing about melvin,the people are really trying so hard to paint melvin black,i thought this was supposed to be a game but this people are clearly playing dirty.

Smdh!!. You take things way too seriously ma'am. You wan get heartbreak because of mere vile words?. For real?. C'mon snapp outta it!!. The way some guys take things to heart is mind boggling!!. Who doesn't know he aint gay?. Even if he was gay should that make him to loose?. forget those peeps, and vote. Stop reading and keep voting before mevin looses. angry
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by dickson12: 11:08am On Aug 21, 2013
Dannyxy: (1)when u were calling other pple's post silly,what reason did u hv in mind?,whichever reason u give,it's the same reason i call ur post silly...lastly,it's seems u derive joy in calling pple names,i am trying to be civil nd diplomatic with u as much as i can be,so i will beg u nw,dn't ever tell me call me a minion again nd dn't tell me to STFU again...u dn't hv to be insultive to state ur point,i will still understand u...

Abeg nor mind that id-ot condescending geh, she no get respect at all. From d way she dey talk u go kno say she no get home training at all at all. Na ghetto dem for born am. Jus ignore am.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 21, 2013
safarigirl:

Abeg...didn't she do those things?
Btw no one should forget that bev's fans started attacking Melvin 1st. Remember her drunking antics and the war it triggered with her fans saying Melvin is fake and he wants bev to appear in a bad light to others? The problem with most people is that they start something and go on the defensive. Now everyone keeps saying Melvin's fans were the ones insulting beverly (people with short term memories).

Btw, I don't mean to be against beverly or something. But I've being seeing too much bev is real and mel is fake. A simple question.

How do you call someone who lies on daily basis Real?

IMO bev and karen aren't the same. Even tho I didn't support karen she WAS real and never had to sell lies to us in the name of entertainment. If you think lying makes someone real then you need to go back to grade 1.
There's a HUGE difference between being outspoken and being real

The last paragraph is exactly the point I was trying to make... Bev is no karen.. Neither were most of the socalled entertainers.

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by wildchild1: 11:13am On Aug 21, 2013
dominique:

Huh Are we talking about the same show? It was Uti's 8 country votes against Munya's 7 Sheila, Mwisho and Lerato had zero country votes.
ItsModella:
please help me to tell her guys
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by wildchild1: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2013
Its not maybe,you are actually wrongd tongue no p sweetheart cheesy.
Mariarocks:

Maybe i'm wrong then. @wildchild, sorry for that
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2013
wild child:
Nigerians loved Uti from the beginning of the show,cos he didnt do anything they really hated and he also got sympathy likes when he lost his dad and most forums i followed then,most people loved him,even on twitter,the campaign was very good despite the fact that twitter wasnt popular,only few people like us were fully active then grin grin grin and dont even go to facebook cos that was the biggest campaign then...so i really dont understand when 9JA hated Uti that season
Because he didn't go to his Father's Burial
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by AndrERush(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2013
Mariarocks:

SA and TZ did not vote Lerato and Mwisho respectively. @wild child is correct
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by aodis: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2013
russello:

Melvin is already sure of 5 country votes. So, while we are trying to make it six (6) we must ensure the remaining 9 to 10 country votes are evenly divided among the remain 4 HMs. The strategy here is to make sure no one among the remaining 4 HMs gets more than 4 country votes. That's when you have to go a little bit dirty (which you have been doing unknowingly).

How?
Identify any country that's indecisive about which between 2 HMs (with the exclusion of the Golden Boy), then try voting for the least popular HM using under that country so as to split their votes or give it to the HM that poses least threat.

Examples
1. If Malawi is thorn between Dillish and Elikem....i will vote AAV for Elikem under Malawi
2. If Botswana is thorn between Beverly and Cleo....i will vote AAV for Beverly under Botswana

Hope i'm making sense anyway

Btw...anyboby is most welcome to call me a sadist. undecided

At the end of the day this is my prediction for sunday.

Six (6) Countries votes - MELVIN (BBA8 Winner)
Four (4) countries votes - _____
Three (3) countries votes - _____
Two (2) countries votes - _____
Zero (0) countries votes - _____

Feel free to fill in the blank space tongue

You are the most on point! But for sarty reasons I'll like us to add one more country to Melvins! There are 15 countries on board, if we divide 15 by 2 we will get 7.5 abi? 6 isn't close to the half mark as any body could get 7 as the case of munya and uti! Letting Melvin get 7, means dat the remaining 8 countries will be shared amongst the other 4 pple. Definatly Zambia will vote cleo remaining 7, Ghana Elikem, namibia Dillish, den may be SA bev, the 4remaining will also be shared by dem! Hope I make sense!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by toxxxxxxx: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2013
GH KWAME:
On Friday

Ok,tanx.thought she nd other contestants will be in SA by now.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ellab(f): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2013
dominique: This yeye Elikem sha. They were discussing different African cities in the garden (from a brochure biggie gave them), Bev asked where Bujumbura is. Cleo says its in Rwanda, Elikem says its in Liberia. Cleo says she doesn't think so but Elikem kept harping on Liberia, she had to concede but wasn't too convinced. They're both wrong actually, its in Burundi. If you no know you sef go follow am talk say that na the truth. Don't you feel like jumping in the screen and telling these hms to STFU sometimes grin.

Just watched the finale advert and it starts by 6pm Nigerian time not 7. Guys take note

Vote Melvin, Vote Elikem smiley
I watched the advert too.
it starts 7pm CAT

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) ... (2727) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.