Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,545 members, 7,861,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:58 PM

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread - TV/Movies (1547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread (2183079 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa The Chase Finale After-party Pictures / Angelo And Bimp Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) ... (2727) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lindsay(f): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2013
spade:

Current result:

Melvin - 39% (3752)
Elikem - 33% (3103)

All that wan na banza. We know Dillish na the main contender for this money. As in the woman to beat. So that poll dey deceive imsef.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Kslib(m): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2013
Since i get enough time to spare today,@ostrich,i go put you for hot seat today..lol
I wan expose you and your tactics,better ready ooo cos its going to be Controversial,emotional and revealing.. grin grin grin
Better ready oo cos i don dey write your story.. Lol
Loading1%.... Loading2%....loading10%.loading 25%,loading 45%...loading55%..
All izz well!!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lindsay(f): 9:52am On Aug 23, 2013
tellitlikeitis: She is lying.....she is just another Melaria fan who will write anything to counterattack Mellish fans.Lol. It did happen but not everything is true. Mel just laughed and jokingly said yes nah I love Dillish.

Make una cool down with this una Melaria/Mellish/Mel-kokodiko. All that no dey important. VOTE oh! Vote for Melvin.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by justloveme: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2013
tellitlikeitis: She is lying.....she is just another Melaria fan who will write anything to counterattack Mellish fans.Lol. It did happen but not everything is true. Mel just laughed and jokingly said yes nah I love Dillish.
pls can u write d correct convo.thanks

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lindsay(f): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2013
StateOfMind: Battle of correct\appropriate grammar cheesy.

Melvin was talking about finale and referred to sunday as 'next tomorrow'..cleo laughed and said there is nothing like next tomorrow but day after tomorrow is more appropriate. Melvin disagreed and said people do say it. Elikem said maybe in one corner of delta state and that its only local people that say next tomorrow. Elikem said melvin Is forming local boy. He said people do say it in ghana too but it is incorrect. Melvin asked elikem how is he so sure 'next tomorrow' is not correct. Elikem said he's very sure. Cleo said she's hearing 'next tomorrow' for the first time and hasn't heard anyone say that in zambia when elikem said he's sure few peeps say it in her country too. Cleo insisted its incorrect grammar, melvin is not convinced.

Over to you house.
Next tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. cheesy.

We do say "the day before yesterday" right? So I think "the day after tomorrow" is correct.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lindsay(f): 9:57am On Aug 23, 2013
languys69:

An MBA holder does not know if next tomorrow is incorrect. Ok o. Pidgin don spoil his diction finish. He should just stick to speaking English.

Una don come again.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Dannyxy(m): 10:03am On Aug 23, 2013
languys69:

An MBA holder does not know if next tomorrow is incorrect. Ok o. Pidgin don spoil his diction finish. He should just stick to speaking English.
did he tell u he has an mba in english?,even proffessors make that mistake,y?because that was what they grew up hearing,so dude u better relax...
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by SexyFox(f): 10:03am On Aug 23, 2013
I always use next 2morow.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by SexyFox(f): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2013
This Fox is very happy. Just because she is voting for Melvin.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lindsay(f): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]

That is why I love Americans. They'd speak bad English and pronounce words wrongly and proudly. If the British say based on the dictionary, they are wrong. The Americans would institutionalise it, and move those wrong grammar, spellings and pronunciations from "incorrect" to "correct".

That is why you have American spellings for almost everything like "cheque" for example is spelt "check" the American way.

"The Next Tomorrow" is not necessarily bad English because when you are in "Tomorrow", the day after tomorrow becomes "the next tomorrow".

It is correct in a way but due us not institutionalising made it incorrect.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Kslib(m): 10:08am On Aug 23, 2013
Pls keep voting for ##OgheneMelvin##
All izz well!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by soloqy: 10:11am On Aug 23, 2013
StateOfMind:

Over to you house.

That is Naija's sort of English. Just like so many Naijas dont realize that "Borrow me something" is wrong. Its hard to see people who say the correct "Lend me something"
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 23, 2013
lindsay: [color=#990000][/color]

That is why I love Americans. They'd speak bad English and pronounce words wrongly and proudly. If the British say based on the dictionary, they are wrong. The Americans would institutionalise it, and move those wrong grammar, spellings and pronunciations from "incorrect" to "correct".

That is why you have American spellings for almost everything like "cheque" for example is spelt "check" the American way.

"The Next Tomorrow" is not necessarily bad English because when you are in "Tomorrow", the day after tomorrow becomes "the next tomorrow".

It is correct in a way but due us not institutionalising made it incorrect.

We do not have the right to institutionalise anything, we are not indigenous english speakers, english is a borrowed language to us, introduced by the british, we can twist it anyhow we like but we cannot change the fact that is wrong according to the rules of grammer.. We have our own native languages and another group of people cannot come and tell us what is correct or not just because we have taught them how to speak it....

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by pingpong1: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2013
njokusboy:

We do not have the right to institutionalise anything, we are not indigenous english speakers, english is a borrowed language to us, introduced by the british, we can twist it anyhow we like but we cannot change the fact that is wrong according to the rules of grammer.. We have our own native languages and another group of people cannot come and tell us what is correct or not just because we have taught them how to speak it....

Na lie. We can make pidgin English the official language if we put our hearts to it and aint nothing the Queen can do about itgrin
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by BizBloke(m): 10:20am On Aug 23, 2013
GH KWAME:
Eiiiiii! I just woke up and saw Three(3) Likes. Don't get me wrong, I Like it but I want to know who the silent backers are.

Okay. Make I expose the silent backers:

1) Ochon (that his alt acct that he created when he was banned).

2) Lucifer.

3) Satan.

Shalom grin
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by BizBloke(m): 10:20am On Aug 23, 2013
StateOfMind: Battle of correct\appropriate grammar cheesy.

Melvin was talking about finale and referred to sunday as 'next tomorrow'..cleo laughed and said there is nothing like next tomorrow but day after tomorrow is more appropriate. Melvin disagreed and said people do say it. Elikem said maybe in one corner of delta state and that its only local people that say next tomorrow. Elikem said melvin Is forming local boy. He said people do say it in ghana too but it is incorrect. Melvin asked elikem how is he so sure 'next tomorrow' is not correct. Elikem said he's very sure. Cleo said she's hearing 'next tomorrow' for the first time and hasn't heard anyone say that in zambia when elikem said he's sure few peeps say it in her country too. Cleo insisted its incorrect grammar, melvin is not convinced.

Over to you house.

Day after tomorrow.

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by BizBloke(m): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2013
ochongonoko:

Bia GOM, take time on this thread. You post recharge card, na only you recharge am. No dey deceive yourself and go vote. Mtcheeeww angry

Hehehe. See as e dey pain u.

Oya, no vex. Take this:
2298 8952 3658 (na N200 o)
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by BizBloke(m): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2013
ochongonoko:

Lol.. I have one account, so how can I like my own post three times? grin. Baby ostrich like you grin

Chineke! I don die. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by languys69: 10:31am On Aug 23, 2013
Dannyxy: did he tell u he has an mba in english?,even proffessors make that mistake,y?because that was what they grew up hearing,so dude u better relax...

And people should just stop calling Beverly a w.hore since whores are everywhere! No rationality is allowed if you like Melvin?

P.S. A computer science graduate that speaks bad English is excusable because he does not hold a B.A. in English?

P.S.S. If the logic in my analogy is too difficult, just know that I am not saying Melvin speaks bad English.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lindsay(f): 10:31am On Aug 23, 2013
njokusboy:

Hope you know there is something called American, Australian, Jamaican and South African English? Dey dia dey tell yourself all that gist.
The reason there's all of that is because of their various "forms of English" being institutionalised by having their own dictionary and also teaching kids in schools to speak in that certain way. English, is everyman's language on planet earth to do as you please. Rules that may apply to Americans, English and Brits may not to you due to the presence of your native language which affects your pronunciation and stress patterns.
So my dear, "next tomorrow" is Nigerian English.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ellab(f): 10:32am On Aug 23, 2013
languys69:

Wetin dis statement mean now?
So u wanna tell me u hvnt said it b4?
He who is without sin should cast d 1st stone.
smiley
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Dannyxy(m): 10:32am On Aug 23, 2013
njokusboy:

man,u need to break away frm this slave mentality,yeah the taught i agree,but it's not a must to speak it the same way as long u can communicate with pple around u nd they understand,if u nw travel there,then u may nw speak it the same way they speak it there,AS for me i dn't even mind if they make pidgin english our major lingua franca...
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 23, 2013
ping pong:

Na lie. We can make pidgin English the official language if we put our hearts to it and aint nothing the Queen can do about itgrin

Lmao, owk I don hear you..
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by anitank(f): 10:45am On Aug 23, 2013
Vote Beverly....

Text GOD FORBID to 34350

I saw that BC and couldn't help rolling

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by BizBloke(m): 10:45am On Aug 23, 2013
Kslib: Since i get enough time to spare today,@ostrich,i go put you for hot seat today..lol
I wan expose you and your tactics,better ready ooo cos its going to be Controversial,emotional and revealing.. grin grin grin
Better ready oo cos i don dey write your story.. Lol
Loading1%.... Loading2%....loading10%.loading 25%,loading 45%...loading55%..
All izz well!!

Abeg expose am wella. Ein cup don full dey throway.
grin
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by BizBloke(m): 10:45am On Aug 23, 2013
ochongonoko:

Ask bizbloke and the amaka grin. They're the silent backers wink

Huh? undecided

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Kslib(m): 10:46am On Aug 23, 2013
Dannyxy: man,u need to break away frm this slave mentality,yeah the taught i agree,but it's not a must to speak it the same way as long u can communicate with pple around u nd they understand,if u nw travel there,then u may nw speak it the same way they speak it there,AS for me i dn't even mind if they make pidgin english our major lingua franca...
Na God go bless you..
Personally,i no even send if my english dey abide by the "so-called laid down" rules,all wetin me i care be say "make you understand my point"..
I only abide by the rules when i dey write exam but after that "i am free like a bird"..
The essence of language na for communication and as far i dey communicate,All izz well!..
Thats why i like my pidgin,No rules and e dey sweet.. I kuku sabi pidgin pass english by far,so that one na plus for me..
AREA!!! AREA!!! AREA!!!
All izz well!

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by BizBloke(m): 10:47am On Aug 23, 2013
ochongonoko:

Lol.. I no go reply am before I expose am grin

Na lie. U no get anything to talk. tongue

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by languys69: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2013
ella.b:

Wetin dis statement mean now?
So u wanna tell me u hvnt said it b4?
He who is without sin should cast d 1st stone.
smiley

Yeah, I have never said it before. Like Elikem said people do say next tomorrow but it is local and we all know it is not proper English(at least anyone who is educated). What surprised me was Melvin being adamant that 'next tomorrow' was correct. He is well-educated, he should know better.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 23, 2013
lindsay:

Hope you know there is something called American, Australian, Jamaican and South African English? Dey dia dey tell yourself all that gist.
The reason there's all of that is because of their various "forms of English" being institutionalised by having their own dictionary and also teaching kids in schools to speak in that certain way. English, is everyman's language on planet earth to do as you please. Rules that may apply to Americans, English and Brits may not to you due to the presence of your native language which affects your pronunciation and stress patterns.
So my dear, "next tomorrow" is Nigerian English.

My dear, there are only 2 recognised forms of english, the british and american english..
We have pidgin, creole, jamaican patois and others but they are not ENGLISH LANGUAGE.. Have you ever seen anything like jamaican english in the dictionary... These are recognised as other languages drawn from english language bur not english language... That is why you cannot use pidgin or jamaican english in any examination or interview..
Dannyx, nobody is talking about slave mentality here, nobody is stopping you from speaking igbo, yoruba, hausa or pidgin, or use english any how you like.. You are free to speak whatever language you choose.. That is not the argument.. Which one come be slave mentality again?? Nawa for u.. Were our fore fathers forced to adopt english as an official language If we choose to make pidgin an official language, nobody would stop us.. But if you write an examination and use "next tomorrow" and claim it is nigerian english, they would give you a big zero.. NO BE MY FAULT.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Kslib(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2013
BizBloke:

Abeg expose am wella. Ein cup don full dey throway.
grin
Lol.. U dey mind am.. He think say na only im get eye...
Even you sef,i go open your nyash(no homo) today..
Inshort,since BBA wan end,i go assume say this thread na Big Brother house,so i go expose all the **looks left** ***looks right** Nyarinya's wey una dey crush on for this thread..
Na me and una today..
@Bizbloke and all the guys,make una better ready oo cos what am about reveal will be controversial..**in sulu's voice**
Erm pls @all,its just for fun,No strings attached.. I repeat "its just for fun"..
Ok,maybe its even a bad idea...
Should i do it or NOT? Give me the Go-ahead guys...
Ok,you know what,something just hit me that "Its a bad idea",make i just leave am..
All izz well!!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2013
fork adict:

Na who send you message?
Mr "notice me or I piss on myself", I don't remember talking to you undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) ... (2727) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.