Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,401 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God (2017 Views)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by albridge(m): 1:17am On May 26, 2013
Do you believe that it is Godly for pastors to buy private jets worht millions of dollars when thousands of their church members still go to bed hungry?
Are such jets really neccessary to preach the word of God?
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by flourishG(m): 5:55am On May 26, 2013
A time is coming when no one or less people will believe the mog.
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by PastorKun(m): 7:31am On May 26, 2013
To answer your question, all private jet pastors and their cohorts who defend/support them are fraudsters as the moral behind it goes against everything christ whom they claim to represent taught and stood for.

2 Likes

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 7:52am On May 26, 2013
Pls lets stop callin dem mog, cos its obvious dat dey are not, rather biz men

2 Likes

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 9:47am On May 26, 2013
Morning Al,

albridge: Do you believe that it is Godly for pastors to buy private jets worht millions of dollars when thousands of their church members still go to bed hungry?

Hmmm...the above looks bad but let me ask you this: would you be cool if these 'MoG' take care of their needy members and also embark on some sort of charitable venture but still buy their jets?

albridge:

Hmmmm...does necessity with respect to preaching the word determine whether the purchase of these jets are cool or not?

Let me ask you this: do you consider a private car for these 'MoG' a necessity? Don't you think they can as well take cabs to get to their respective churches?
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by DrummaBoy(m): 9:53am On May 26, 2013
There is no sin in a Pastor owning a Jet but like, Tony Rapu wrote, during the last imbroiglo on this issue, IS IT NEEDFUL; IS IT EXPEDIENT?

Those of us who oppose these men do it on account of the doctrines they teach and the lifestyle they encourage. If U teach a health and wealth gospel then you will see a need to prove ur doctrine by owning a jet.

My biggest argument against these Pastors is that Jesus did not live like this. Paul and Peter did not live like this. The reformers did not live like this; neither did those who brought the gospel to Africa live like this.

Christian ministry and its ministers were known to be men of integrity and who lived frugal, and were committed to providing for the poor. Many people who are not even Christians see this as synonymous with a genuine Christian testimony.

A minister who lives ostentatiously brings contempt to the gospel of Jesus; he does not know the Jesus he claims to represent; he is an idolater bc of his greed and covetousness.
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Zikkyy(m): 10:47am On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:
Hmmm...the above looks bad but let me ask you this: would you be cool if these 'MoG' take care of their needy members and also embark on some sort of charitable venture but still buy their jets?

No MOG can completely meet the need of members. They can only try. If he attempt to meet all their needs, there will be no cash left to purchase a PJ.

PJs are avoidable luxury, especially for an MOG. Personally I think it is wrong for an MOG to live an extremely luxurious life in the midst of so much poverty. It does not reflect a man that truly concern bout the welfare of his flock.

1 Like

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 10:53am On May 26, 2013
Zikkyy:

No MOG can completely meet the need of members. They can only try. If he attempt to meet all their needs, there will be no cash left to purchase a PJ.

PJs are avoidable luxury, especially for an MOG. Personally I think it is wrong for an MOG to live an extremely luxurious life in the midst of so much poverty. It does not reflect a man that truly concern bout the welfare of his flock.

Hallo Zik,

Firstly, I did not say anything about the 'MoG' meeting all the needs of their members...I believe I said "take care of their needy members"...these are two different things; and secondly, you did not answer any of my questions.
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by JesusisLord85: 11:28am On May 26, 2013
albridge: Do you believe that it is Godly for pastors to buy private jets worht millions of dollars when thousands of their church members still go to bed hungry?

Is there no discernment in the church again? Of course these are fraudsters. But we need not worry. Come out of such churches. These men are marked for destruction, and they are taking many with them.

God bless

1 Like

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Degis(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2013
Welcome to Nairaland !. The Home of Moral and Christian Hypocrites. If these Church members were so poor, the way you hypocrites described them, they should still be sowing seeds for those Private Jets till thy kingdom come.

None of you Hypocrites contributed monies for those Jets, so, why use panadol for another person's headache.

If your own Private Jet hating Pastors want to do mission visits to 3 continents in 5 days, please, make sure you book him tickets on Arik Air.

Shiooor, yeye truly dey smell

1 Like

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 26, 2013
Degis: Welcome to Nairaland !. The Home of Moral and Christian Hypocrites. If these Church members were so poor, the way you hypocrites described them, they should still be sowing seeds for those Private Jets till thy kingdom come.

None of you Hypocrites contributed monies for those Jets, so, why use panadol for another person's headache.

If your own Private Jet hating Pastors want to do mission visits to 3 continents in 5 days, please, make sure you book him tickets on Arik Air.

Shiooor, yeye truly dey smell

Now you make it sound as if these 'MoG' are the only pastors in their respective churches...

Is there anything wrong with giving other 'MoG' in their church the opportunity of ministering too? If there is a need to visit those continents in 5 days, will it be wrong for them to choose one continent and allow other people visit the rest?

After-all even Christ sent out the seventy two to visit other places...

4 Likes

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Degis(m): 3:33pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Now you make it sound as if these 'MoG' are the only pastors in their respective churches...

Is there anything wrong with giving other 'MoG' in their church the opportunity of ministering too? If there is a need to visit those continents in 5 days, will it be wrong for them to choose one continent and allow other people visit the rest?

After-all even Christ sent out the seventy two to visit other places...

Did the Pope John Paul not allow the Archbishop of Lagos, Olubunmi Okogie to minister because he came on mission visit to Nigeria during the Abacha era.

Does President Goodluck Jonathan share foreign visits with VP Namadi Sambo?

Do you guys think the planes are exclusive preserve of the MOG?. These Jets are meant for Missionary Work, which includes ferrying Pastors on Missionary Work across the continents of the world
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Pygru: 3:46pm On May 26, 2013
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Pygru: 3:47pm On May 26, 2013
Pastor Kun: To answer your question, all private jet pastors and their cohorts who defend/support them are fraudsters as the moral behind it goes against everything christ whom they claim to represent taught and stood for.
Hasty generalization
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 26, 2013
Degis:

Did the Pope John Paul not allow the Archbishop of Lagos, Olubunmi Okogie to minister because he came on mission visit to Nigeria during the Abacha era.

You just shot yourself in the foot with the above...the pope definitely cannot be everywhere and that is why he has his Bishops to be where he cannot be...and for your info mission visits do not qualify as emergencies...

Degis:
Does President Goodluck Jonathan share foreign visits with VP Namadi Sambo?

Do you even know why there is a VP in the first place? Jonathan can't make all the visits...Sambo represent him in places he cannot be...

If the 'MoG' have other ministers of the word, then why is his own preaching special than the others? Must the 'MoG' be such bad planners to fix that kind of itinerary?...Why can't they space the visits to extend over a period of more than 5 days?

Degis:
Do you guys think the planes are exclusive preserve of the MOG?. These Jets are meant for Missionary Work, which includes ferrying Pastors on Missionary Work across the continents of the world

Can't they still reach these parts of the world with normal passenger planes, even if they MUST travel first class?
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Zikkyy(m): 4:14pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:
Firstly, I did not say anything about the 'MoG' meeting all the needs of their members...

I know. My post was contributing to the general discussion picking up from where you stopped. The reason I quoted you.

striktlymi:
and secondly, you did not answer any of my questions.

I will attempt your questions in subsequent posts
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Zikkyy(m): 4:37pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:

I don't think it is the responsibility of the MOG to take care of the financial needs of members, but if he has to spare, he should. When it comes to the issue of showing brotherly love, the MOG should be mile ahead and he is not showing that if he has to use a PJ when a large proportion of his Church members does not even know when they will be having their next meal. So I don't think I'll be cool with the MOG riding a PJ when there is still much he can do with his resources.
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 26, 2013
Zikkyy:

I don't think it is the responsibility of the MOG to take care of the financial needs of members, but if he has to spare, he should. When it comes to the issue of showing brotherly love, the MOG should be mile ahead and he is not showing that if he has to use a PJ when a large proportion of his Church members does not even know when they will be having their next meal. So I don't think I'll be cool with the MOG riding a PJ when there is still much he can do with his resources.

I agree with some of the things you have said but the question is: if it is not the responsibility of the MoG to take care of the financial responsibilities of members then why can't he spend his money on some of his desires e.g a PJ?

I really haven't seen a strong case for or against their acquisition of PJs...those who do not like the idea have not presented a satisfactory argument against it while those who are for it are yet to justify the purchases...
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Zikkyy(m): 4:50pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:
Let me ask you this: do you consider a private car for these 'MoG' a necessity? Don't you think they can as well take cabs to get to their respective churches?

It depends. There is nothing wrong with an MOG having a private car and there is nothing wrong with him taking a cab. I don't see anything wrong with basic means of transportation. But again you did not specify the type of PC.
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Zikkyy(m): 5:03pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:

I agree with some of the things you have said but the question is: if it is not the responsibility of the MoG to take care of the financial responsibilities of members then why can't he spend his money on some of his desires e.g a PJ?

If the money is his he can spend it how he likes including the purchase of a PJ. The thing is, the MOG will not really be practicing what he preach. Such behavior does not show a man that has love for his brothers and sisters. I mean if your conscience does not bother you when you swim in such luxury while a large proportion of your sheep cannot feed, then that MOG does not have Christ in him. His status as an MOG is doubtful.

1 Like

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by PastorKun(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2013
Pygru:
Hasty generalization

Not hasty, no true pastor following in the foot steps of christ would ever even contemplate living a life of extreme opulence as manifest in using such an expensive/ extrvagant toy.

2 Likes

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by PastorKun(m): 6:58pm On May 26, 2013
Zikkyy:

Whilst it is not the personal duty of the mog, it is the collective duty of the church to take care of the financial needs of members and infact is the primary purpose of church collections in the new testament church.

1 Like

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Not hasty, no true pastor following in the foot steps of christ would ever even contemplate living a life of extreme opulence as manifest in using such an expensive/ extrvagant toy.

perfectly said !

1 Like

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by PastorKun(m): 7:01pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:

I really haven't seen a strong case for or against their acquisition of PJs...those who do not like the idea have not presented a satisfactory argument against it while those who are for it are yet to justify the purchases...

his money ke? shocked since when did church collections become the personal money of the mog this is were many christians get it wrong in Nigeria, they have been mis led to believe the mog can do as he likes with church money.

1 Like

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

his money ke? shocked since when did church collections become the personal money of the mog this is were many christians get it wrong in Nigeria, they have been mis led to believe the mog can do as he likes with church money.

grin
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 26, 2013
Zikkyy:

It depends. There is nothing wrong with an MOG having a private car and there is nothing wrong with him taking a cab. I don't see anything wrong with basic means of transportation. But again you did not specify the type of PC.

If you have money to purchase a private jet, would it be wrong if you decide to have one for yourself? If this is not wrong, why then can't a 'MoG' get one if he wants to?

The ish of they acquiring it in the midst of 'want' does not suffice as a plausible reason why they should not have it because they can still meet their responsibilities even after acquiring a jet.
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:

If you have money to purchase a private jet, would it be wrong if you decide to have one for yourself? If this is not wrong, why then can't a 'MoG' get one if he wants to?

The ish of they acquiring it in the midst of 'want' does not suffice as a plausible reason why they should not have it because they can still meet their responsibilities even after acquiring a jet.

You keep missing the point, they purchase these Jets with the money that belongs to others, it is not their money and was not earned by hard work.

Who gave MEN the permission to impoverish the body of Christ to their own aggrandizement ?
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 26, 2013
Can someone pls tell me what the price of a private jet is?
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 26, 2013
frosbel:

You keep missing the point, they purchase these Jets with the money that belongs to others, it is not their money and was not earned by hard work.

Who gave MEN the permission to impoverish the body of Christ to their own aggrandizement ?

Oh okay, I get the point now...

So, I guess everyone will be cool with a 'MoG' who made his money through his sweat and decides to buy a private jet with it?
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Oh okay, I get the point now...

So, I guess everyone will be cool with a 'MoG' who made his money through his sweat and decides to buy a private jet with it?
even with his sweat, it is still not right. Christ left his glory in heaven to sacrifice himself for suffering mankind. We as been christ-like (including the mog) should sacrifice worldly glory to feed the suffering multitudes in our fold, not chase after jets

3 Likes

Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2013
THEY ARE HOLY FRAUDSTERS
Re: Private Jet Pastors. Fraudsters Or Men Of God by PastorKun(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2013
Segeggs: even with his sweat, it is still not right. Christ left his glory in heaven to sacrifice himself for suffering mankind. We as been christ-like (including the mog) should sacrifice worldly glory to feed the suffering multitudes in our fold, not chase after jets

Very well said, an mog should be ready to live a life of sacrifice and not extravagance. He should be ready to deny himself and follow christ as christ instructed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophecies From Rev. Gabriel Israel,President Of Newlife Word Church, For 2014 / Is Winners Chapel Constructing An Airstrip In Ota? / How Do I Block Lustful Desires From Coming To My Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.