Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,908 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North (935 Views)

We Will Expose Uwazurike’s Sexual Atrocities Soon – MASSOB / Fraud Committed In PDP Governorship Primaries Worse Than … – Maku / Video Chronicle Of Political Attrocities Committed In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North by Ahasco(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2013
'They asked me to renounce my faith'
One of the victims of the insurgents in the north, 37-year-old Adamu Habila from Yobe State mysteriously lived to tell the story of how he had a close shave with death when his assailants took him for dead after shooting him.

Habila, fatigued after a busy day, retired to bed with his wife and their son, only for their front door and a voice asking them to grant the unvited visitors easy entrance or risk of the door. He narrated that the intruders, who were in a hurry to execute their mission, did not even wait for them to take decision before forcing themselves in, asking members of his family to come out of the bedroom with immediate effect. As they hurriedly matched out, they discovered one of their two unwanted visitors was armed with a sophisticated rifle, who asked asked Adamu to kneel down. It was then it dawned on Adamu, a Youth Leader of the District Council (DCC) of ECWA Church in Yobe that the intruders were Boko Haram members on jihad mission.

Habila continued: "They told me they were giving me an opportunity to live and to lead a better life if only I could become a muslim and state the famous Kamatul Shahadar, a confession of faith in Islam. I replied that I am a Christian and would remain a Christian even in death and turned to my wife not to worry because the death of a Christian is a great gain not a loss."

"The armed one ordered my wife to go inside with a gun to dispossess us of our money and mobile phones while the other man kept on interrogating me. When they returned, the man outside told his partner that I did not co-operate. He then placed his gun on my face by my mouth and said:'since you refused to become a muslim, here is your reward.' He then pulled the trigger and the bullet passed through one side of my cheek to the other. I slumped"

After my assailants left, I managed to tell my wife to call our Christian Elder, Bab Jibir, the former treasurer of the DCC ECWA, Yobe State. Report came that he and his son had been killed. Police were called but they didn't come and every effort to get assistance from other neighbours, most of whom were muslims, proved abortive until 6.00am when I rushed to the General Hospital on Potiskum and later transfered to JUTH in Jos and later refered to Kano where the voice of Christian Martyrs Nigeria took over my case and provided for the entire family," he concluded.

Commenting on Habila's case, the National Director, Voice of the Christian Martyrs, Isaac Oluwole Newton-Wusu lamented the plight of people in Yobe State and said the case of Habila was just one of many in Yobe State where over 120 churches have been destroyed.

"There had been massive destruction of lives and properties where about 180 villages in different parts of the North were raided by fundamentalists who have rendered about 5000 Christian homeless. Religious fundamentalist have been on the prowl for long in the North, maiming and killing innnocent souls including children and babies with dangerous weapons. Emergence of Boko Haram had worsened the situation,which had turned many villages to ghost villages where those who have no place to go only wait like those that have been condemned to death. Voice of Christian Martyrs operates The Stephen Children Home in Abeokuta, Ogun State where over 325 children whose parents have been killed in various religious crises in the Northern parts of Nigeria are receiving free education, free accommodation and free sustenance. Some are in various univesities under the sponsorship of VCM," he eplained.

Source http://www.ngrguardiannews.com
Re: The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North by Ahasco(m): 12:28pm On May 26, 2013
And yet some few people have the guts to want to sue the fedral govt while others claim that the decision taken by the federal govt is wrong. Now we know who the real enemies are.

1 Like

Re: The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 26, 2013
And some animals are saying that Islam is a religion of "peace". Islam is the most evil religion of the World. Their "god" is a bloodthirsty demon.

1 Like

Re: The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North by Visocrate(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2013
How i wish all muslims will come together and fight this cankarworm that is destroying islam's beauty. in isreal muslims are more than christians but you hardly hear of war within themselves in meca too muslims there are nice people but Nigeria. hmm

1 Like

Re: The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North by Eazeee(m): 4:17pm On May 26, 2013
Visocrate: How i wish all muslims will come together and fight this cankarworm that is destroying islam's beauty. in isreal muslims are more than christians but you hardly hear of war within themselves in meca too muslims there are nice people but Nigeria. hmm

d muslems in Israel are d Arabs that occupy Palestine which itself is part of Israel n hence d number of muslems so stop d usual propaganda.
Did u just mention Saudi Arabia d sponsors of most terrorism in other countries including Nigeria? A good muslem is a dead muslem. Come 2 Northern Nigeria u will understand properly what islam stands for
Re: The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North by redsun(m): 4:25pm On May 26, 2013
That guy was foolish not to have rejected christianity at that point and get the hell out of that dungeon with his family,until he ready to fight back.

There are something worth dying for,not christinity.You can die for love and justice,for your fundamental human right,but not for a foreign faith.

One's faith is his own making.

1 Like

Re: The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 26, 2013
redsun: That guy was foolish not to have rejected christianity at that point and get the hell out of that dungeon with his family,until he ready to fight back.

There are something worth dying for,not christinity.You can die for love and justice,for your fundamental human right,but not for a foreign faith.

Totally in sync with you.
Re: The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 26, 2013
redsun: That guy was foolish not to have rejected christianity at that point and get the hell out of that dungeon with his family,until he ready to fight back.

True talk!
Re: The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North by ARmanx(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2013
Indeed Nigeria's Education sector is really in decays and this post is evident i don't know how some people think.... people are so quick to judge why is it when one man does something the whole religion is condemned.....anybody here dat brings sentiments into this post are all hypocrites dat is why Nigeria wud never be one and u guys get angry when Ghanaian insult you guys u have not finish solving ur own crises u are there condemning what does not concerns you
Re: The Evil Atrocities Committed In The North by MASTERM(m): 10:36pm On May 26, 2013

May The Only Living God Deliver/Save You Oh.

(1) (Reply)

Tortoise Hypothesis: How The Opposition Will Re-elect Jonathan In 2015 By Bolaji / NGF: How Akpabio Bungled Peace Effort / Daniel Dumps PDP, Joins Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.