Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,562 members, 7,850,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Urgent Help With Vb Coding! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Urgent Help With Vb Coding! (972 Views)

Android Application With Vb.net / Write Pdf Files With Vb 6.0 / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help With Vb Coding! by Moluwe: 6:48am On Apr 28, 2008
Need Help In A Project I Need To Make The Game Hangman In VB,

Any Suggestions On How I Even Strt Off,

The Important Aspects Are A Log IN Form Needs To BE Linked To An Access Database

& The Game Has To Be Linked To A Txt File Were The Words For The Game Will Be Taken From!!

ANY Help Will Be Appreciated

I Have Attached What Ive Dne SO Far It Is Rubbish To Give You AN Advance Warning!

Re: Urgent Help With Vb Coding! by Moluwe: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2008
Abeg May Una Help Me Na,
Re: Urgent Help With Vb Coding! by Bossman(m): 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2008
I do not know what this game is about. However, here is a suggestion. Write down the steps it takes to play the game. For example, may be player A makes a move, etc. Also, from you posting it looks like the user/player has to login in order to be able to play the game. And the login information will be maintained in MS Access database. So, you know on your VB form you will need to retrieve the user/player login info and match it against the database. May be the score also needs to be stored in the DB. Also, you will have to read data from a file. So, make sure you at least know how to do file I/O and link VB to MS Access. Once you have the steps of the came, you can then try to pseudocode these steps. Hope you get the idea.
Re: Urgent Help With Vb Coding! by Moluwe: 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2008
You Got The Steps Spot On!

An Example Of The Game Online Is On The Link Below!

http://funschool.kaboose.com/fun-blaster/games/game_hangman.html

Thts Exactly Wht I Need,

I Mean If Someone could put me in the right direction about the Log In & The Synching To The Database,

As Well As Strting Me Off With he Code For This Game Then The Person Dn Save Me From Wahala!

Thanks!
Re: Urgent Help With Vb Coding! by beelala: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
hi

if you are based in lagos, and really serious in learing vb.net, then contact me --beelala789@yahoo.com
Re: Urgent Help With Vb Coding! by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Jul 01, 2008
@Poster, I sense you do not really have a good grasp on persisting Data to database, what you may need is a good tutor and I recommend that you try the WindowsClient site  http://windowsclient.net/. There you are bound to find Video tutorials put together by people who have, maybe created the same sort of project in the past.  Also, while designing your project, consider using global or static objects to store such things as user authentication key, score, user selections etc.

(1) (Reply)

Reputable ICT Schools For Arts Graduate / Co-creation Hub Nigeria (CCHUB) Launches $500,000 Seed Investment Program / Single Vs Double Quotes In PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.