Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

The Cancer Of Selfishness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cancer Of Selfishness (452 Views)

The Typical Nigerian Church & The Cancer Of Greed. / Disturbing Religious Selfishness (eroding Compassion) / Anti-tithe Arguments are Motivated By Selfishness And Ignorance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Cancer Of Selfishness by noskyboy(m): 4:12pm On May 26, 2013
,"Even our good deeds are extensions of our selfishness".
If there was no God, religion and promise of heaven, paradise or hell, would you still strive to be good?. Thats a fundamental question we must all ask ourselves, because it baffles me, when people say things like " had it been i wasn't a christian/muslim or any other religion, i would have ....". It is a clear fact that man is a selfish being, but Excessive selfishness is what brings about problems. We should selflessly and sincerely do good, not minding personal gains, this age is characterized by selfishness in disguise, today people go to church/mosque and other religious centers, because they want to go to heaven or want to prosper in life, not because they want to inculcate good virtues and live good lives that would positively touch humanity and better mankind,
people help those in need, because they want God to bless them by replenishing their pockets in a hundred folds, not because they want to really alieviate suffering and better mankind, people "sow so called seeds" for personal harvests in hundred folds not for the betterment of humanity.
And this selfishness is the reason why there is so much suffering in the world, despite the many "good deeds". The motive in which we do good or evil matters alot. We need to get it right now, remember you can decieve your pastor, priest, imam and your fellow men, but you cant decieve me, yourself and more importantly God.,,
Re: The Cancer Of Selfishness by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 26, 2013
BUT be careful how you give because some poor people can ruin you because their hunger is insatiable. Better to teach them how to fish than feeding them fish. I learnt this the hard way. You have been warned....

(1) (Reply)

Be Disciplined And Determined / Honour God With Substance / Christianity.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.