Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:43 AM

What's Wrong With This Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With This Prayers (476 Views)

Follow Me And Rant This Prayers / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With This Prayers by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 26, 2013
"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I shall die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen"

What's wrong with this pray? My lil girl was over at my uncle's for the weekend, his wife after reading bedtime stories asked her to pray and then she said the above prayers.. The following morning she called to ask me what kinda reggae pray is that? Lol

So my question is, what's wrong with this prayers?

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With This Prayers by CarCam: 6:40pm On May 26, 2013
REALITY101: "Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I shall die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen"

What's wrong with this pray? My lil girl was over at my uncle's for the weekend, his wife after reading bedtime stories asked her to pray and then she said the above prayers.. The following morning she called to ask me what kinda reggae pray is that? Lol

So my question is, what's wrong with this prayers?

Nothing. It is a good prayer

There is a time to be born and a time to die.

"memento mori" in fact "Everyone dies, not everyone lives"

God said every living soul belongs to Him
the father's as well as the son's.
and that the soul that sins, it shall die

People are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.

Judgment, is the day when, the issue of immortality is finalised or which soul lives forever, is determined

So that prayer, would be about, praying the Lord my soul to take,

to the RIGHT holding place to reside awaiting judgment day

(1) (Reply)

Jesus And You / Jesus, The Son Of Mary, The Grandson Of Imran / Only For Atheist Singles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.