Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,066 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them (9008 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. / Its Children's Day: Upload A Picture Of Your Baby And Send Him/her A Shout Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by octavian(m): 12:01pm On May 27, 2013
Stay off Drugs
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by amAZEing: 12:02pm On May 27, 2013
Abraham Lincoln: “My son starts school today. It is all going to be strange and new to him for a while and I wish you would treat him gently. It is an adventure that might take him across continents. All adventures that probably include wars, tragedy and sorrow. To live this life will require faith, love and courage.

So dear Teacher, will you please take him by his hand and teach him things he will have to know, teaching him - but gently, if you can. Teach him that for every enemy, there is a friend. He will have to know that all men are not just, that all men are not true. But teach him also that for every scoundrel there is a hero, that for every crooked politician, there is a dedicated leader.

Teach him if you can that 10 cents earned is of far more value than a dollar found. In school, teacher, it is far more honorable to fail than to cheat. Teach him to learn how to gracefully lose, and enjoy winning when he does win.

Teach him to be gentle with people, tough with tough people. Steer him away from envy if you can and teach him the secret of quiet laughter. Teach him if you can - how to laugh when he is sad, teach him there is no shame in tears. Teach him there can be glory in failure and despair in success. Teach him to scoff at cynics.

Teach him if you can the wonders of books, but also give time to ponder the extreme mystery of birds in the sky, bees in the sun and flowers on a green hill. Teach him to have faith in his own ideas, even if every one tell him they are wrong.

Try to give my son the strength not to follow the crowd when everyone else is doing it. Teach him to listen to every one, but teach him also to filters all that he hears on a screen of truth and take only the good that comes through.

Teach him to sell his talents and brains to the highest bidder but never to put a price tag on his heart and soul. Let him have the courage to be impatient, let him have the patient to be brave. Teach him to have sublime faith in himself, because then he will always have sublime faith in mankind, in God.

This is the order, teacher but see what best you can do. He is such a nice little boy and he is my son.
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 27, 2013
adaobi123:

My dear, I am. The weather is even nice. cheesy
YEAH THATS LIKE WINNING THE LOTTERY IN BRITAIN. LWKM
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 27, 2013
obadiah777: YEAH THATS LIKE WINNING THE LOTTERY IN BRITAIN. LWKM

You can say that again grin
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by hardbody: 12:12pm On May 27, 2013
ifihearam: Well I really don't. Know what else to tell you other than obeying your parents because they will never put you on a wrong path,they want the best for you. You are still. The leaders of tomorrow.

Please you people should advise us well oo. My mum and dad are still alive and kicking so i am a child and today is our day...Chilluns' dae'.

You know no matter how big you become, you are never grown with yo mammy and pappy.

I need the day off, It is Chillun's day. Let me go and celebrate with ma folks.
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Triple3Gayanfe(m): 12:39pm On May 27, 2013
As I wish all Nigerian children, a very HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY today from the depth of my heart,I want to passionately appeal,no...............beg,no.....admonish,no...I think the right word is WARN very sternly (whareveeeeer !); that those of them singing the song "we are the LEADERS OF TOMORROW" should watch it! and keep shut!!!!! as we the youths sang same song some years back ( i know of somene who sang that song 50 years ago!), we are still patiently waiting for a bite from the national cake of leadership............ worse now that GEJ is backing his anointed candidate ------DARA, BABA, GRAND PA, AGBALAGBAGBAGBI JONAH JANG as chairman of NGF.Make children cool down now as we the youth dey wait for our turn......they should rather observe AND STOP SINGING THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.life is turn by turn[img][/img]
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by phemi01(m): 12:41pm On May 27, 2013
Paylents risten to ya childlen
We are the Lizards of tomollow
Tly to pay our schoo fees
And give us sound educachon.

I no wan rearn tlade or marKATE

I wan go school. Straight face
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Idowuogbo(f): 12:44pm On May 27, 2013
onomelenshi: children,stop watching mexican soap operas grin
Y?
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by sigmundfreud(m): 1:22pm On May 27, 2013
'Grow up!'
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Norajones(f): 1:24pm On May 27, 2013
Kids don't tell ur mummy dat aunty vicky was in daddy's room adjusting the bed sheet wen she was nt around and daddy will buy u more chocolate barscheesy
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by lordizak(m): 1:25pm On May 27, 2013
spend less time on 2go, facebook, whatsapp, and nairaland. And don't fall 4 d trap dat u need a date. Ur studies should be of utmost priority. Any kid on nairaland -95% members- U know what i mean.
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Revolva(m): 1:51pm On May 27, 2013
Don't go to school, become a catholic priest.
Sell crack to your auntie Denise.
If auntie Denise is short 40 cent
Make her get on the ground and suck some more d..ick.
Nas is probably gon hate me.
When Mos Def hear this he probably gon suffocate me.
Why they let Bizarre rap on Hi-Tek track?
All he gon do is talk about whores and smoking crack.
If your wife is pregnant I call her a LovePeddler.
Leave her no money and go out on tour.
Nah, I'm playin leave her sumptin. (Hahaha)
I pack a hotdog and a fuckin dirty muffin. (Damn)
You're my son, I'm trynna teach you sumptin.
You're eight years old? It's time to start fuckin.
You know daddy wont give you the wrong advice.
Smoke weed and listen to Obie Trice. (Hahaha)
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by aweaweawe: 1:56pm On May 27, 2013
Am once a kid,I knw what it means to be in such hood,keep it up kids.
Happy children's day.
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by uzeba(m): 1:57pm On May 27, 2013
1. Ali is no longer a boy because Simbi is now a woman.
2. Edet is no more living in Calabaras he is now in Abuja.
3. Agbo is presently working in Canada as he's no more living in the town of Lagoon.
4. Eze no longer goes to school because he is now a Graduate.
5. In fact, the drummer boy is no more drumming as he's presently a Business tycoon.
Cheii! How time flies....
Wait a minute, if those names mentioned are strange to you; WHICH PRIMARY SCHOOL DID YOU ATTEND?
HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by habayommy: 2:19pm On May 27, 2013
Children, A Corruption and Boko Haram free society starts from you..happy children day

1 Like

Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by marialucia(f): 2:38pm On May 27, 2013
For all the nairalanders that acts like kids .... Wise up
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Jerryjat(m): 3:08pm On May 27, 2013
If ur still $ucking brea$t, whether ur Mum's, Wife's, Boyfriend's or Girlfriend's, Happy Children's Day...
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Jadeng: 4:10pm On May 27, 2013
Live Curious and be a World Changer!

Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Mamiya(m): 4:21pm On May 27, 2013
Obey God, your parents and elders. Report anything strange as soon as possible to your parents or school authority.

Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 27, 2013
lols nice one
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Tunjman(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2013
Obey your parents and you will be like:

Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Tunjman(m): 4:45pm On May 27, 2013
Disobey them and become popular like:

Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by decepticos(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2013
never visit se**ality section on nairaland
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by decepticos(m): 6:25pm On May 27, 2013
read about sherlock holmes and tintin, adventure is not limited to or by ur imagination. Then again...?
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by onomelenshi(m): 7:22pm On May 27, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Y?
because d only thing they do is kiss...lolzz
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:31pm On May 27, 2013
......your parents created you!
There's a process called intercourse when sperm says hello to the egg and then the pregnancy!! I bet lots of women would wish god created babies and they wouldn't have to go through the labour pains.

Nigerian with low IQ should stop asking me silly questions on who created me.

# Children! Toast
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by okenwa101(m): 8:35pm On May 27, 2013
NEVER THINK THE FUTURE BELONG TO U ON A PLATTER OF GOLD SO, STUDY WELL, RESPECT UR ELDERS, OBEY UR PARENTS ( WHERE NECESSARY), BE INFORMED AND GRAB UR FUTURE. HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY.
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by WhyAWhy(m): 10:44pm On May 27, 2013
IT'S A SETUP CHILDREN PLEASE PLEASE DON'T GROW UP!!!! ADULTHOOD IS FULL OF CHALLENGES grin grin grin
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by chacha3(f): 9:21am On May 28, 2013
Happy children's day to my lovely kids and to all the other kids world over. Always remember the saying show me ur freind and I will tell u who u are. Also bad company corrupt good manners. Love ya loads.
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by flyforall: 2:56pm On May 28, 2013
Say no to premarital sex and Don't Do DRUGS
Re: Its Children's Day!!!a Word Of Advice For Them by Chaulay1: 7:12pm On May 29, 2013
TOLKEN: “My son starts school today. It is all going to be strange and new to him for a while and I wish you would treat him gently. It is an adventure that might take him across continents. All adventures that probably include wars, tragedy and sorrow. To live this life will require faith, love and courage.

So dear Teacher, will you please take him by his hand and teach him things he will have to know, teaching him - but gently, if you can. Teach him that for every enemy, there is a friend. He will have to know that all men are not just, that all men are not true. But teach him also that for every scoundrel there is a hero, that for every crooked politician, there is a dedicated leader.

Teach him if you can that 10 cents earned is of far more value than a dollar found. In school, teacher, it is far more honorable to fail than to cheat. Teach him to learn how to gracefully lose, and enjoy winning when he does win.

Teach him to be gentle with people, tough with tough people. Steer him away from envy if you can and teach him the secret of quiet laughter. Teach him if you can - how to laugh when he is sad, teach him there is no shame in tears. Teach him there can be glory in failure and despair in success. Teach him to scoff at cynics.

Teach him if you can the wonders of books, but also give time to ponder the extreme mystery of birds in the sky, bees in the sun and flowers on a green hill. Teach him to have faith in his own ideas, even if every one tell him they are wrong.

Try to give my son the strength not to follow the crowd when everyone else is doing it. Teach him to listen to every one, but teach him also to filters all that he hears on a screen of truth and take only the good that comes through.

Teach him to sell his talents and brains to the highest bidder but never to put a price tag on his heart and soul. Let him have the courage to be impatient, let him have the patient to be brave. Teach him to have sublime faith in himself, because then he will always have sublime faith in mankind, in God.

This is the order, teacher but see what best you can do. He is such a nice little boy and he is my son.

I like your post but d truth is no teacher can teach your child all those values. You and ur wife are the best teachers your child has, so it's up to you. All the best to all parents as we nurture and train our children in the right way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Maltreated My Wife: Now She Wants To Leave Me / Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? / Consequences Of Polygamy. A Case Of Enwerem's Family!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.