Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

How Not To Lose It All: A Lesson From Solomon (1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Not To Lose It All: A Lesson From Solomon (1) (449 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / How Not To Lose It All: A Lesson From Solomon (2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Lose It All: A Lesson From Solomon (1) by SonofIssachar: 2:11am On May 27, 2013
So the Lord became angry with Solomon, because his heart had turned from the Lord God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice, and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods; but he did not keep what the Lord had commanded. Therefore the Lord said to Solomon, “Because you have done this, and have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom away from you and give it to your servant. - 1 Kings 11:9-11

In the past few days, we have read about how Solomon comported himself into an encounter with God and thereafter became a recipient of such great wisdom and massive wealth. He achieved these by putting the people’s needs ahead of his own.

However, Solomon abused the opportunity given him and could have been stripped of everything he had, but for the grace enjoyed by David, his father, in the eyes of God.

To achieve the heights of his opulence, Solomon had asked for things that would enable him to be a blessing to others: “…Now, O Lord my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my father David, but I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in. And Your servant is in the midst of Your people whom You have chosen, a great people, too numerous to be numbered or counted. Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?” (1 Kings 3:6-9)

In this passage, apart from “you” and “your” - two words that draw attention away from the self - one other word that recurs the most is “people.” Solomon positioned himself in the favour of God by seeking for ways to cater to what matters most to God – people. And God gave him more than he asked so that he could adequately fulfil his mission.

But then, his focus changed, and with that his agenda; and he started to displease God.

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

(1) (Reply)

"All They See Is HELL In Their Visions, WHY?" / Jesus Christ / How To Live A Happy And Fulfilled Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.