Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,025 members, 7,821,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

"I don't believe in God, but I go to church" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" (7975 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 5:21am On Aug 18, 2005
i really don't believe in G-d but i go to church anyways because my family goes and it's fun + church goers live longer.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 5:24am On Aug 18, 2005
They do?? I better start getting my ass up to church every sunday. grin
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 5:26am On Aug 18, 2005
yeah. they live longer. at least that's waht my health teacher says.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by terry(m): 5:28am On Aug 18, 2005
nddy says that the churchis where the greatest freaks and pretenders are
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by terry(m): 5:29am On Aug 18, 2005
how true is that
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 5:35am On Aug 18, 2005
he's wrong. at least my family aren't freaks and pretenders. just me.

i think some of them are just brainwashed. but that's a good thing because i wish i believe in G-d. but i just don't and i can't. .... i pretend to be sometimes though because i don't wan't my little brother to stop believing.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by terry(m): 5:43am On Aug 18, 2005
sorry i didnt phrase that well, he always guys and gurls
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 5:46am On Aug 18, 2005
So many pretenders in church. When i go, i just go there to look, and smile with friends. It's funny though. It's well.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by terry(m): 5:47am On Aug 18, 2005
i kinda agree with that
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 5:50am On Aug 18, 2005
Do you give offerings in church? I do sometimes. Infact i don't even go in the big church, my dad doesn't like church...so we always go like 30 minutes to closing time, and then i'll go to the teenagers section.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by terry(m): 5:51am On Aug 18, 2005
i wish i had your kind of dad
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 5:52am On Aug 18, 2005
it depends on the church though . my church's not for pretenders. we're real true christians (except for me of course.i wish i was)
i go to the teenage section too...... but i give offerings all the time. i respect christians and christianity.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 5:55am On Aug 18, 2005
I also respect chirtsians and christianity. I give offerings when i feel like.

@ terry, if wishes were horses, beggar would ride. My dad doesn't like church and that makes me worry sometimes. sad
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by WesleyanA(f): 5:57am On Aug 18, 2005
do people argue in your church, is there love. i heard from my parents that some churches argue and such. infact i've seen churches like that. my church's different. we all love each other and help out. even when my other sister was really sick.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by layi(m): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2005
U have no business in church if u dont believe GOD and from the posts (above) I think u guyz go to the wrong church(my parents church thingy).
Church is good (offering or no offering).
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2005
Well, i go to church just because i want to go. OR when they r doing thanskgiving Sunday...you gatto love church on thanksgiving sunday. I love Nigerians, Meat, fish, meatpie, rice, iyan, every goddamn food is there. And drinks and funny people. haha.i love church sometimes.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Greatpeter(m): 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2005
Why go to Church when you don't believe in God?
Pls believe in Him He is real and alive.

He loves you so much.

It's not on Sunday alone or during a ceremony that you ought to go to Church.

You've got to attend weekly activities like Bible study, Prayer meeting e.t.c.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2005
Amen pastor. cheesy
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Seun(m): 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2005
Greatpeter, when your Nigerian parents believe in God and go to church, and you're living with them, you have no choice but to go to church. Unless you're over 21 and very strong-willed, like me. Even then your relationship with your parents will become[b] intolerable [/b] from the day you stop following them. I know from experience.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by lordimpaq(m): 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2005
i cannot belive that u guys just go to church for the fun of it.......

man....u guys had better change.......

its not all about goin to church....

its depends on ur personal relationship with God

hot angel......i'm surprised u dont believe in God
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2005
Hmmph, don't be suprised my dear. I believe in God, but not like the believe i should believe. I know there might be God, but the way i should believe in him isn't how i believe in him. If there's God, cool...if there's no God, great. I just know that God has answered my prayer before. (that should explain my signature). cheesy
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by lordimpaq(m): 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2005
thats not satisfactory enough
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2005
Sorry! cheesy
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by lordimpaq(m): 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2005
u can still convince me u know.........
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2005
Convince you about why i don't believe in God as I should? Well if i start, we ain't gon go nowhere. It will be complete confusion, Infact it won't be sweet. Religion issues are wide! Don't wanna start. smiley
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by vexxy(f): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2005
I think the real question here is:

What makes you not believe?
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2005
What makes me not believe? Okay i guess u don't understand me. I believe in God, but not like Believe believe. I ain't against God, but neither am i Totaly for him. I am just neutral.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by vexxy(f): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2005
I understood what you were saying, Hot-Angel, I was just wondering about Wesley.

The question for you would be:

What's stopping you from being 100% for God?

Just curious.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by hotangel2(f): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2005
100% from God, Nothing! I actualy do what I know is right...And that's it.
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by avocat(m): 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2005
as a nigerian you cannot help but believe in God. You know, you can put two sentences together in yoruba without mentioning God for example. Oluwa lo se (God performed it) Oloun mo pe (eve God know that ) etc. You cannot be yoruba descendant and not believe in God. I mean you mention God every day. you get my drift.

avocat
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by vexxy(f): 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2005
Someone once told me a long time ago that he would rather believe in God with all his heart, die, and find out it's false than to not believe in God with all his heart, die, and find out it's true!
Re: "I don't believe in God, but I go to church" by Greatpeter(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2005
Vexxy I love this quotation.
Great!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Atheists, Who Generates The Force That Rotates Planet / The Key To Be Eligible For Ressurection To Live Forever Like Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.