Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Admission Into Swansea University. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Admission Into Swansea University. (2603 Views)

Admission Into Austrian Universities. / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Admission Into North American University Cotonou, Benin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Admission Into Swansea University. by kollinz003(m): 2:52pm On May 27, 2013
I am a graduate of law in Nigeria, with plans to further my education in the UK for my second degree and I recently got admission to study for my masters in law at Swansea University. Having regards to the standards placed on some schools, kindly inundate me on the status placed on Swansea University in the UK. Not necessarily university ranking, but the actual rating of Swansea University in the UK. I really need this info to help me know whether I should chose another school that is rated higher or stick with them since their fees are quite affordable compared to other schools. Thank you.
Re: Admission Into Swansea University. by worry359(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2013
You should ask the school department for details of student placements into jobs
Or contact students union and ask for feedback form ex students.
Any good school will be proud to boast of succesfull job placements.
Re: Admission Into Swansea University. by monchouchou: 8:49pm On May 27, 2013
I think what he wants to know is this: is Swansea popular in the Uk for being a good school that produces Top notch graduates that are highly sought after by employees??
Re: Admission Into Swansea University. by Nobody: 5:44am On May 28, 2013
Law is a very hard profession to break onto in the UK. Don't go with the assumption that you would get a job here after your masters. Even those who schooled here are struggling to get a job placement. The law profession in the UK is closely knitted, not like medicine, and they hardly admit new pple into their society.
Re: Admission Into Swansea University. by kollinz003(m): 12:45pm On May 28, 2013
honey86: Law is a very hard profession to break onto in the UK. Don't go with the assumption that you would get a job here after your masters. Even those who schooled here are struggling to get a job placement. The law profession in the UK is closely knitted, not like medicine, and they hardly admit new pple into their society.
Thanks for the info Honey86. However in your candid opinion would you advice I go for Swansea?
Re: Admission Into Swansea University. by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 28, 2013
I don't know anything about the school. Why don't you use guardian UK university ranking in relation to your course. Why I said this is that, schools have reputation for being the best in a particular subject area. for example imperial college is revered when it cones to their engineering faculty same with my school, university if Manchester.I hope I made sense
Re: Admission Into Swansea University. by kollinz003(m): 2:27pm On May 28, 2013
honey86: I don't know anything about the school. Why don't you use guardian UK university ranking in relation to your course. Why I said this is that, schools have reputation for being the best in a particular subject area. for example imperial college is revered when it cones to their engineering faculty same with my school, university if Manchester.I hope I made sense
Oh sure, you made a lot of sense. Thank you very much.
Re: Admission Into Swansea University. by oddz(f): 10:06am On Jun 03, 2013
Hi Swansea Uni is top 50 uni in the UK and second in Wales....their college of law is top 25 and Maritime law they are the best in the UK i know this as i have friends that studied there. Some are even practicing law in the UK. I know they have an African regional office in Nigeria and you are better off contacting them. hope this link helps http://www.swansea.ac.uk/international/students/your-country/africa/ all the best
Re: Admission Into Swansea University. by jnrprof(m): 10:31am On Jun 03, 2013
oddz: Hi Swansea Uni is top 50 uni in the UK and second in Wales....their college of law is top 25 and Maritime law they are the best in the UK i know this as i have friends that studied there. Some are even practicing law in the UK. I know they have an African regional office in Nigeria and you are better off contacting them. hope this link helps http://www.swansea.ac.uk/international/students/your-country/africa/ all the best

Yeah I agree, Swansea University is very good for Law programmes as far as the UK is concerned. I recently heard that Lecturers from the school of Law would be visiting Nigeria soon. Contact their regional office about this and get more info.
Re: Admission Into Swansea University. by primcolandes: 10:45am On Jun 03, 2013
Swansea University has a great reputation for Law not only in the UK but in Nigeria too. Over the years I have known many Nigerians that have enjoyed not only the course, but the beach front location and great student environment.

(1) (Reply)

Is He Discouraging Me From traveling To USA? / Have You Ever Seen A Laughing Airplane? These Photos Will Make Your Week / Which Is A Better Option Between Ukraine And Uae(dubai)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.