Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt (27999 Views)

Atm Suspension Is Suicidal, Another Apc Policy Summersault / Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan / Okorocha - My Suspension By APGA Is Irrelevant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by IGBOSON1: 8:11pm On May 27, 2013
mikeansy:

Let me guess what ur whistling?

*Makojo Anyi ga ebi*

^^^I don't think it's 'osondi owendi' though. undecided
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by farochron(m): 8:12pm On May 27, 2013
Why are u all waisting your energy or disturbing ur head over these these two. Can anyone tell me the difference between Amaechi and Jona
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by okenwa101(m): 8:12pm On May 27, 2013
see the kind of comments, our so called future leaders a uttering here, it means the superior can do anything and walk free without the masses shouting instead we clap at bad things( stage 1 was air-craft allegation = jump and pass, stage 2 NGF election jump and pa.., stage 3 suspension jumping and ....) WHICH WAY NAIJA YOUTH

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by andyanders: 8:13pm On May 27, 2013
pro01: It's funny how often people fail to learn from history. In Nigeria's political history, NOBODY has ever succeeded in becoming president or vice president on the strength of his naked ambition. From Awolowo to MKO, all the way to Atiku and desperados such as Peter Odili. A dark horse ALWAYS emerges from the shadows. We all know how the likes of Tafawa Balewa, Shehu Shagari, Ernest Shonekan, Obasanjo, Yar' Adua, and Jonathan emerged.

Even if Jonathan decides not to contest, it is almost a mathematical certainty that the likes of Amaechi would not 'smell' Aso Rock - in spite of their unbridled ambition, or infact because of their unbridled ambition. Amaechi seems quite foolish to be honest.

You said the truth. Amechi is playing with fire. He is going down.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Wsdm: 8:18pm On May 27, 2013
Mr. Ameachi next time you will give a clown 110% votes due to ethnic and reagional reasons. Atiku and Babangida did it for Obasanjo in 2003 election and they got it right. So Ameachi, please face your music and leave us alone.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 27, 2013
Pukkah:

Why didn't you include Tinubu? Afterall, he also tussled with Obasanjo.

I think this generation is becoming too timid and fickle. How do you guys hope to bring about a change if you constantly hail a bully or power abuser? What exactly has Amaechi done wrong?

Is Amaechi not free to have ambitions?
Assuming you're employed, especially in a big public company or organisation, make it known to your superior or boss that you have an ambition to boot him out of his position and take his place. . .and then wait to see how "free" you are to have ambitions. Many people with such ambitions, even in small private companies, are rotting away in their graves as we speak, let alone an ultra high stakes matter such as the presidency. Ask your brother Tinubu what happened to Funsho Williams and his ambition.

We know the truth, let's just reduce our tendency to be hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by pipeewa(m): 8:19pm On May 27, 2013
Hmmmm You must have a supreme being backing to fight and win your boss. If not then you must be reading 48 rules of power and following them in details. If Amaechi follows the first option he will win no matter what. If he follows d 2nd option, he just failed rule 1.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by God4memi: 8:19pm On May 27, 2013
I work and live in PHC. Amaechi's government is highly exemplary.U guys need to d infrastructural development in d state. He is an action man.Far better than GEJ.
Oh LORD! Help Amaechi out of this terrible waters!

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by injuredman: 8:23pm On May 27, 2013
Greater % of people here are scolding/chastising Amaechi for fighting against the president or GEJ's 2nd term agenda. I now know why we have the leaders we get. We the followers are as clueless and parochial in our reasoning like our leaders.

So every person in Nigeria or politics must be an a$$ wiper? How then will we stand our ground for the good of the masses(though I'm sure Amaechi's war with GEJ is all selfish on both sides)? We should should all condemn tyranny and high handedness otherwise we scrap the demo-crazy and pay less number of military thieves to lead this KUNTry

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Valto(m): 8:28pm On May 27, 2013
the begining and the end of amaechi...if only he will humble himself before GEJ...time is running out>>>>
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by injuredman: 8:29pm On May 27, 2013
pro01:
Assuming you're employed, especially in a big public company or organisation, make it known to your superior or boss that you have an ambition to boot him out of his position and take his place. . .and then wait to see how "free" you are to have ambitions. Many people with such ambitions, even in small private companies, are rotting away in their graves as we speak, let alone an ultra high stakes matter such as the presidency. Ask your brother Tinubu what happened to Funsho Williams and his ambition.

Only in Nigeria, yet we borrow a system of governance from people who respect freedom or freewill of the people.
In good climes, it is enshrined in the country's or party's constitution that if a sitting president has not exhausted his/her 2 tenures s/he has automatic ticket to represent his/her party in the next election. We have no such rule in Nigeria. Why don't we fight to put that as a law rather than fight/kill people for sake of leading?
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Pukkah: 8:32pm On May 27, 2013
andyanders:

You said the truth. Amechi is playing with fire. He is going down.

It's too early to know who of the two is going down.

It might even be the two of them, you never can tell.

Which forces do you think frustrated OBJ's 3rd term bid?

I ask again, what's Amaechi's offence?

My hunch tells me that the forces behind APC go beyond Tinubu/Buhari.

Time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Pukkah: 8:38pm On May 27, 2013
pipeewa: Hmmmm You must have a supreme being backing to fight and win your boss. If not then you must be reading 48 rules of power and following them in details. If Amaechi follows the first option he will win no matter what. If he follows d 2nd option, he just failed rule 1.

Not all those 48 laws are sacrosanct; besides, Robert Greene in his own wisdom provided a reversal for each law.

You have democracy today because some people opposed Abacha.

You have Jonathan there today because some people opposed dying Yar'Adua.

Yar'adua even got there at the time he did because some people opposed 3rd term for OBJ.

Some of those laws are for risk averters, cowards and lilly-livered individuals.

I ask again, what's Amaechi's offence?
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Iboboiz93(m): 8:47pm On May 27, 2013
bad meat: We are the Rivers people who voted him,He is taking this too far!His arrogance is getting to our nerves,
Na Only U Dey Bear "We" Hw Many Heads u Get?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by bamosagie(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2013
Ameachi says that they are witch hunting him.
My question is
"Ameachi, u be winch!!!?"
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Pukkah: 8:53pm On May 27, 2013
pro01:

I agree, it may be difficult to fight or disagree with a boss but it's not in every case that the boss wins. It may even be a pyrrhic victory for the boss if the subordinate can hold his own.

However, the scenario in a company is not exactly like what's unfolding between Amaechi and Jonathan.

If you can prove that Tinubu (lol at you calling him my brother) did something wrong, it doesn't make this one by Jonathan right. Or is Tinubu the yardstick?

Lest I forget, it would benefit the society so much if you could disclose the 'truth' you claim to know about Funso Williams to the police. The case hasn't been closed. Pls do do immediately.

On Jonathan/Amaechi's case, just watch and see. Some of those governors who voted for Jang may already be getting irritated about this 'power show' by Jonathan.

Jonathan needs to be very careful for he has more to lose than Amaechi. He's exposing himself and showing his hands too much.

Where are the men of power of yesterday?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 27, 2013
injured_man:

Only in Nigeria, yet we borrow a system of governance from people who respect freedom or freewill of the people.
In good climes, it is enshrined in the country's or party's constitution that if a sitting president has not exhausted his/her 2 tenures s/he has automatic ticket to represent his/her party in the next election. We have no such rule in Nigeria. Why don't we fight to put that as a law rather than fight/kill people for sake of leading?

Yeah, I agree with you, but the fact remains that this is Nigeria and Nigerians. Some of us preaching democracy here are ruthless autocrats who brook no opposition, let alone challenge to our positions, from our subordinates in our places of work, businesses or whatever. It is a cultural reality rampant among most Nigerians. Why some of these loud-mouthed hypocrites expect Jonathan to condone Amaechi's naked ambition is beyond me, knowing full well that they would do worse in Jonathan's shoes.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 27, 2013
tinanchedo: you have the mind,yes, you will make a good president. but you must wait for your turn ok!!!!!

Soooooo.........

Amechi feels he can change Nigeria, while GEJ obviously doesnt even know his aszzhole from a pit in the ground, but Amechi should "wait for his turn" instead of inviting all challengers into the ring?

What kind of illiterate donkey are you?
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by injuredman: 9:07pm On May 27, 2013
pro01:

Yeah, I agree with you, but the fact remains that this is Nigeria and Nigerians. Some of us preaching democracy here are ruthless autocrats who brook no opposition, let alone challenge to our positions, from our subordinates in our places of work, businesses or whatever. It is a cultural reality rampant among most Nigerians. Why some of these loud-mouthed hypocrites expect Jonathan to condone Amaechi's naked ambition is beyond me, knowing full well that they would do worse in Jonathan's shoes.

I've always said, the situation in Nigeria is a true reflection of who we are and not the people leading us. I have said in many fora that we are not yet matured for democracy.
@pro01, we are saying the same thing but maybe from different perspectives. If we want change, it must stand with us!!
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Pukkah: 9:07pm On May 27, 2013
pro01:

Do you actually think that Amaechi is alone in this? You think he's that naïve and daft? That's the difference (one of them actually) between the office example you keep giving and this matter.

Has Jonathan declared his interest in a second term? Remember he promised to serve only one tenure? Remember he started pushing for a 6-year single tenure as soon as he won the election? What's Amaechi's blame in all this?

Do you know how many people pocketed their own ambitions just because Jonathan promised to do only one term? Can you see why this is more than an office-like issue?

By the way, you should tame your language when addressing people. Don't get too emotional over this issue.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 27, 2013
kelvincoll:

Amaechi just turned 48 today, GEJ na 50

On the hand, an outstanding, corrupt free "youth" with leadership prowess and academic excellence is yet to declare intentions for Political office. When he\she does, the teening youths of the nation wud mobilise support.

The same criminal minded monkey youths that'll sell their mother for a pot of porridge?

Lmao

Nigerian youths are just as useless as their elders.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 27, 2013
injured_man:

In good climes, it is enshrined in the country's or party's constitution that if a sitting president has not exhausted his/her 2 tenures s/he has automatic ticket to represent his/her party in the next election.

Name two such countries.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Pukkah: 9:19pm On May 27, 2013
kingoflag:

Name two such countries.

Let him name ONLY one.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by extension: 9:24pm On May 27, 2013
Nawooooooo' power pass power,goodnight everybody including oga on top.
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by sayso: 9:24pm On May 27, 2013
I will rather want a lawyer like Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi to rule me instead of a foolish and stupid person who read zoology.I am not an animal. Whoever wants him as his or her President is an
animal.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Ifywealth(f): 9:35pm On May 27, 2013
D moment our leaders stop playing God in politics naija no go ever better,goodluck u ve d worse regime ever,live ameachi alone and face jst 1 agenda..if u want 2 contest 2015,ameachi hold ur leg..ameachi one wit God is majority..people demolishing party(pdp) deserve 2 b scrabbed

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by HIPROFILE(m): 9:39pm On May 27, 2013
mikeansy:

Let me guess what ur whistling?

*Makojo Anyi ga ebi*

Nooo na NWA NNEM EBEZILA grin
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by injuredman: 9:46pm On May 27, 2013
Pukkah:

Let him name ONLY one.
kingoflag:

Name two such countries.

A sitting president is his 1st tenure in the United States is represented by his party in the next election.
In Canada, a sitting prime minister is always the leader of his party during elections. Except he chooses not to.

BTW, why are U quoting only part of my post. Are U just asking that question to help u do your government class assignment?
Re: Amaechi - My Suspension Is Political Witch-hunt by Liberal2020: 9:48pm On May 27, 2013
kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From PDP Burial Procession In Osogbo By APC Members / Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip / Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.