Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Boarding School Or Day School - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boarding School Or Day School (664 Views)

Boarding School Or Day School / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years / Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boarding School Or Day School by remecy(f): 9:36pm On May 27, 2013
Dear parents in the house, i would to know your opinion on this topic. Do you think boarding school helps sharpen your child academically or other wise. And in what age can you send your child to a boarding school?
Re: Boarding School Or Day School by ice234: 8:23am On May 29, 2013
I as a product of boarding school will always advocate for a boarding school.
Pple kick against boarding cos
1 the bullying
2 ability to learn the evils in the society etc
But I see these the other way. I wasn't a bully in my school neither was I super bullied. Being beating by a senior and the 'fear' of a senior can be fun. It was fun to me when I had passed out. The memories of how we dodged the seniors etc.
Living a redimented life at such a young age can also help in the learning curve. There is time to always read his books, sleep, pray, read, attend functions etc.
Again the child gets to understand how to be independend at such a young age( a plus)
The child learns reading culture early in life.

Please treat your child to a boarding school.
Re: Boarding School Or Day School by bebe2(f): 1:33pm On May 29, 2013
i hope this topic gets to the front page so that wecan have lots of opinions as am seriously considering this for my boys.

they will have to go to nigeria, dnt think i will be able to afford the uk ones.
Re: Boarding School Or Day School by Tobiegal(f): 4:01pm On May 29, 2013
Would prefer boarding school.

I attended one, and same goes for all my siblings.

Somehow, it teaches one to be independent.

(1) (Reply)

Who Comes First Among This Pple / Grandmother Wants Surgery To Look Older / Why Is It That Is Only The Poor That Normally Had Triplet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.