Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,542 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years (54924 Views)

Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / Man Returns To Children He Abandoned For Eight Years (With Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by LilNetty(m): 5:27am On Oct 21, 2014
Three children abandoned in a boarding school in Abule-Iroko in the Ado-Odo Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State are longing to meet their parents who have abandoned them for eight years.
WhenPUNCH Metrovisited Solid Model College, the children recounted their ordeal, noting that the absence of their parents was affecting their studies.
Seun Adepegba, 14,Seyi, 10 and Titilola, 13, had been severed from parental love and care since infanthood. After waiting for eight years, they seemed to have relinquished all hopes of reuniting with their parents.
It was learnt that their tale of sorrow began in 2007 when their father, Mr Segun Adepegba, who had been separated from their mother, enrolled them in the boarding school because he could not afford to take care of them.
According to the proprietor of the school, Mr Samuel Ayegbusi, Adepegba came to enroll them in his school on September 24, 2007 with a promise to always check on them.
He said, “Mr. Adepegba told me his wife had just left him and that he could not afford to take care of them, being a jobless man. The children were very little. Seyi was two, while Titilola was five.
“Mr Adepegba had pleaded with me to accept them in the boarding school. Mr Adepegba’s sister promised to bear the cost of their upkeep. They paid an initial N150, 000 for the three children for the first term.”
But according to the proprietor, Adepegba never kept his promise. He said after the first term, the school expected him to come and take his children home for holiday but he never showed up until four years later. He said the school had expended over N7m on the upkeep of the children since 2007.
The proprietor said efforts to reach the parents’ families had proved abortive, adding that calls to Adepegba’s phones were not always answered.
He said, “Whenever we called him and he realised who was talking on the phone, he would switch off his phones and for the next two weeks, the numbers would not be available. When the school contacted their father’s sisters, we were told that they had travelled out of the country.
“When we called one of them, we were told that they had sent money to Mr Adepegba to defray the children’s school fees and upkeep. But Mr. Adepegba has never come here to make any payment since the initial deposit he made in 2007.”
According to the proprietor, taking care of the children had further become cumbersome for him as one of them, Titilayo, had started misbehaving. He recounted how Titilayo ran away from the hostel twice without informing the school authority on the excuse that she was going to look for her father.
Ever since she was found, the proprietor said the school had had to keep her in a room, under tight surveillance, because she had vowed to run away to find her father.
He said, “The school is not even bothered by the cost of their upkeep. But anytime the school closed for holiday and parents come around to take their children home, Titilayo would fall into a sober mood and twice, she had run away from the hostel without informing anyone. It was a resident who stopped her and brought her back to the school.
Some of the teachers, who spoke withPUNCH Metroduring the visit, said the absence of the children’s parents was seriously affecting their studies. They said the appearance of their parents would boost their academic performance.
While recounting their days with their father, the children said he celebrated birthdays with them. They said they had never met their mother.
Titilayo said, “We do not know who our mother is. We grew up in Yaba, Lagos and all we remember is that there was a woman that washed our clothes and took care of us until we came here. We knew she was not our mother.”
Seyi, the youngest of the trio, however, was an exception as she kept a cheerful look during the visit. Seyi, who told our correspondent her dream was to become a medical doctor said, “Although I have a faint memory of my father, I will like to see him. If he comes today, I will ask him why he left us for so long.”
Seun added, “I don’t care how long he has left us. I just want to see him. I really need to see him.” WhenPUNCH Metrocalled Adepegba on Thursday, his phones were switched off.
Source: www.punchng.com/news/man-abandons-children-in-boarding-school-for-eight-years/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 21, 2014
I don't shout when I'm FTC , that man is heartless

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by priscaoge(f): 8:06am On Oct 21, 2014
shocked shocked shocked Can u imagine shocked Seriously some people don't deserve to be parents! How can you abandon your Kids for So long? How comfortable is he and the So called wife ? This is pure wickedness. I blame their mother more. After going through the excruciating pain of childbirth, you abandoned 3 beautiful most expensive gift from God for years? Jezzz people get heart I swear angry angry. Many people are childless and Seriously praying to have one yet those that were blessed with many can't even appreciate the gift. This is disheartening cry cry. I feel for the kids,they must have gone through a lot of emotional trauma angry angry

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by arvinsloane(m): 8:06am On Oct 21, 2014
Wickedness

6 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by ayusco85(m): 8:06am On Oct 21, 2014
LilNetty:

It was learnt that their tale of sorrow began in 2007 when their father, Mr Segun Adepegba, who had been separated from their mother, enrolled them in the boarding school because he could not afford to take care of them.

if u cant stay married for better for worst pls dont get married. its the children that suffer from a broken home.

36 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Ojestas(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2014
shocked . F*Ck Mr. Adepegba. .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by gotousa2013: 8:07am On Oct 21, 2014
Fo tins
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by richardjemedafe1(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2014
Hmmmmmmm Am totally speechless........ Some parent are so heartless....the kids should forget about their idiot father and keep their life going....somday somtime the idiot will come for them(the children) then they will avenge by pouring raw Acid on Him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by buoye1(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2014
Wickedness of highest order

No wonder Bible says the heart of a man is desperately wicked

19 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by musb92yahooco: 8:07am On Oct 21, 2014
End time

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by adeoladrg(m): 8:08am On Oct 21, 2014
Smh for you people oo!

He dropped them in school where he knew they'll get at least some care. Do you know what it means to be jobless in this country? And more as I presume, uneducated? If you do then you'd know better than saying trash because you have little bandwidth to express yourself on NL front page. The shoes of the father and the children are very sad shoes to be in, but calling the man wicked is to be HYPOCRITICAL!

42 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by bizngr(f): 8:08am On Oct 21, 2014
Hmmm, this is really a sad story.
But on the other hand, he was wise enough to have taken them to a boarding school knowing they will be looked after. He is still better than the heartless people who abandon their little babies in dustbins and gutters. I believe he has an intention of reuniting with them someday.

51 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by tundeayo2020: 8:08am On Oct 21, 2014
wickedness of the highest order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by kingzjay(m): 8:08am On Oct 21, 2014
Issorite!
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by plainmirror(m): 8:08am On Oct 21, 2014
Its obvious that man's brain is made up of mucus and sp3rm.
Why bring kids into this earth without the ability to cater and take care of them. Chaaaaaaaai . . . Indeed 'DIARIZ IS GOD'.

6 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Barselonia(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2014
poverty must die.... poverty must surely die... poverty make man leave his 3 children Because he is scared......
I didn't blame him sha,still better than abandoning them on road site, he still want a better education for dem... ... When d wife has follow 1 rich man go...

6 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 21, 2014
Hmm....some folks are irresponsible

4 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 21, 2014
Some men are nt worthy to be calld fathers.

5 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by davdandam(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2014
The evil that men do, makes the devil look like a saint and I'm sure when they finally see this man, he'll give you one reply....."it's the devil"

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by echobee(f): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked.eight solid years! Na wa oooooo.

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Sijo01(f): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2014
Is he insane?

1 Like

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by priscaoge(f): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2014
“When we called one of them, we were told that they had sent money to Mr Adepegba to defray the children’s school fees and upkeep. But Mr. Adepegba has never come here to make any payment since the initial deposit he made in 2007.”

Yet he never showed up after some money was given to him? Probably he must have spent it on alcohol Or women sad sad. What could be his reason for this wicked act?

11 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by mosho2good: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2014
8yrs that man should be hanged and flog at d same time when later d son became someone in d future he will now come and claim his child.
Evil people.

7 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by bayulll01(m): 8:11am On Oct 21, 2014
am gonno adopt those kids,that man need to be castrated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by okonja(m): 8:11am On Oct 21, 2014
shocked cry

Good news for smart phone and pc users, you can get the best MTN data plan for your internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb, N1500 for 1GB...check this out on this thread. Nairaland Certified Mtn data reseller
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by babe4chi(f): 8:11am On Oct 21, 2014
Awwwwwww.
This is jus tooo touching...
I pray their father retrace his steps bk to them! Amen...

8 Likes

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by LEERICIST(m): 8:11am On Oct 21, 2014
FTC cheesy
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2014
Hmm
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 21, 2014
THIS IS SERIOUS, I AM VERY SURE HE WILL BE IN ANOTHER WOMAN'S ARM, IF STILL ALIVE, FORGETTING THESE CHILDREN. AFTER THEY BECOME DOCTORS AND ENGINEERS OR PROFESSIONALS, HE WILL BE WEARING "AGBADA AND FILA GOGORO" FORMING THAT THIS IS MY CHILDREN THAT THEIR MOTHER ABANDONED.
I WILL BLAME THEIR MOTHER SMALL. SHE MIGHT BE WITH ANOTHER STRANGE MAN ALSO FORGETTING THE YEARS OF PAIN ON THOSE LITTLE CHILDREN. I THINK WHEN THE SITUATION TURNS TO SEPARATION IN MARRIAGE, NO MATTER WHAT MIGHT HAPPENED, THE WOMAN SHOULD BE THE ONE THAT SHOULD TAKE GOOD CARE OF THE SMALL CHILDREN, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED BY THE COURT. REASON IS THAT MAJORITY OF WE MEN, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN THAT LINE. AFTER FALLING FOR ONE STRANGE WOMAN LIKE THIS, REALITY SETS IN AND HE WILL BE LOST COMPLETELY. IT MAY BE BITTER , BUT REALLY TRUE ESPECIALLY IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD.
KUDOS TO THE SCHOOL FOR HELPING THEM UP TO THIS LENGTH, MAY GOD REWARD THEM GREATLY. SOME SCHOOL MAY NOT HAVE THE PATIENCE TO WAIT FOR SO LONG BEFORE THROWING THEM TO STREETS OR DUMPING THEM FOR STRANGE RELATIVES WHO CAN LATER MALTREAT THEM. THEREBY SPOILING THEIR FUTURE FOR THEM. THERE WAS A CASE OF BRILLIANT GIRL I HEARD SIMILAR TO THIS. THE BEST IN HER CLASS IN HER EARLY TEENS. SHE WAS EVEN GIVEN A SCHOLARSHIP THEN, THE PROBLEM STARTED IN THE FAMILY AND SEPARATION SET IN. THIS AFFECTED EVERYTHING .SHE LOST FOCUS AND PASSION FOR SCHOOL. NOW SHE IS A RUNS GIRL SOMEWHERE ON LAGOS ISLAND, AFTER GIVING BIRTH TO A BABY IN EARLY 20S.
THEY SHOULD GET THEIR FAMILY ATTENTION AT ALL COST.

I AM JUST BITTER, IRRESPONSIBLE FATHER
IRRESPONSIBLE MOTHER
USELESS FAMILY.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by timifizzy(m): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2014
wow, what a world
Re: Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years by datguru: 8:15am On Oct 21, 2014
Shoooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life / Man Lies On A Gutter For His Pregnant Wife To Pass (Photos) / Snake Catchers Battle With Huge Python Found In Australian Family Laundry Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.