Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK (1062 Views)

Muslim Lesbian Couple Defy Death Threats To Tie The Knot In Civil Ceremony / People Claiming to be Muslims Launch Gay-friendly, Women-led Worship Places / Muslims Girls As Young As Nine Being Forced Into Marriage In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 27, 2013
A pair of Pakistani women have made history as
the first Muslim lesbian couple to get married in
the UK.
Rehana Kausar, 34, and Sobia Kamar, 29, made
history when they tied the knot in a register office
civil ceremony, then immediately applied for
political asylum after they were wed, claiming their
lives would be in danger if they returned to their
native country.
Watched by their solicitors and two friends, the
pair wore traditional white bridal dresses when
they were married in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
The pair, from the Lahore and Mirpur regions of
Pakistan, said they had received death threats
from opponents in Pakistan – where homosexual
acts are illegal and considered against Islam.
And since news of their wedding earlier this month
spread, the pair claimed they had even received
death threat...........
CHECK PICTURE BELOW

Source: http://234daily.com/2013/05/muslim-lesbian-couple-make-history-as-they-marry-in-the-uk-pictured/

Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by Paschal007: 12:31am On May 28, 2013
LoL
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by fuckluv(f): 12:55am On May 28, 2013
It was believed that this gay, lesbo thing is peculiar to the christians only. Now these muslims will be coming out one after the other from their hidings.
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by deols(f): 11:29am On May 28, 2013
Cant you see the reasons boldly?

ASYLUM.

even if not,

were they wedded by Imams, are verses of the Qur'an turned in order to support these deeds??

2 Likes

Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 28, 2013
It should be Pakistani lesbian couple wed for asylum
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by Umbro01(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2013
This is definately NOT Islam.
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by Nobody: 7:03am On May 29, 2013
Beloved1993: It should be Pakistani lesbian couple wed for asylum

Thats what i am saying. The title is misleading.
Just because they are pakistani, it doesnt mean they are muslim...though most pakis identify themselves as such.

Furthermore, lets say these gals did identify as muslims....well....they would be liars.

See i dont have a problem with homos3xuality. My thing is though, you cant claim to be part of something that sees your very nature as unnatural. That's like me marching with a "white pride world wide" sign at a KKK rally, lmao.

Anyway, these women are pakistani and should be referred to as that.
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by brentkruge: 9:59am On May 29, 2013
These ladies want attention and asylum. After this they gonna get their men to fulfill their fantasies joor.

How can you claim a religion (in this case Muslim) and are clearly doing stuff prohibited by that SAME RELIGION? Yesterday it was a gay Anglican, today Lesbian Muslims! Just like someone claiming American citizenship without fulfilling the conditions that will make me American. Hypocrisy. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by Nobody: 11:34am On May 30, 2013
brentkruge: These ladies want attention and asylum. After this they gonna get their men to fulfill their fantasies joor.

How can you claim a religion (in this case Muslim) and are clearly doing stuff prohibited by that SAME RELIGION? Yesterday it was a gay Anglican, today Lesbian Muslims! Just like someone claiming American citizenship without fulfilling the conditions that will make me American. Hypocrisy. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Exactly.
Thats why i say religious folks tend to bend the rules at their convenience.
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by UyiIredia(m): 11:52am On May 30, 2013
*Kails*:

Exactly.
Thats why i say religious folks tend to bend the rules at their convenience.

Some ! But it would seem the implications of this truth is lost on some people.
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by UyiIredia(m): 12:01pm On May 30, 2013
UK visa thingz.
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Some ! But it would seem the implications of this truth is lost on some people.

Mean zombies...lol.
Its sad to witness. Some folks are completely oblivious to this obvious fact....im just glad im not.
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: UK visa thingz.

Lol u think so?
Idk....think they really are lesbians.
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 30, 2013
They certainly ain't the first couple I've seen. There was a whole documentary about homosexual Muslims.
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 30, 2013
Anyways visa tings grin
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by siddiq202(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2013
Mehn

Some people dreams will come to pass if the President sign 'The anti-gay bill' into law with this development grin
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by siddiq202(m): 9:23pm On May 30, 2013
And reps have approved it. It remains oga GEJ to sign
Re: Lesbian Couple Claiming to be Muslims Marry In The UK by UyiIredia(m): 10:59pm On May 30, 2013
*Kails*:

Lol u think so?
Idk....think they really are lesbians.

Dunno. Just speculating.

(1) (Reply)

My Road From Christianity To Islam / Death For Leaving Islam / Make The Most Of Your Time And Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.