Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Is The WOOLWICH Killings An Act Of Terrorism? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The WOOLWICH Killings An Act Of Terrorism? (616 Views)

Rivers Killings, An attempt To Declare State Of Emergency In The State / Stop Using French Flag As Profile Picture, It's An Act Of Slavery - Reno Omokri / Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The WOOLWICH Killings An Act Of Terrorism? by emmatok(m): 12:08am On May 28, 2013
We have seen and heard a lot about the Woolwich killing, but it is really an act of terrorism or just Murder case?
If those killers were not Muslims will their actions be called terrorism?
Why is the London Riot that lasted for more than three days not call terrorism?

I have a strange feeling that massive Racial and religious profiling is going.

We need to give crimes their right names and not all this bandwagon of calling everything terrorism.
Re: Is The WOOLWICH Killings An Act Of Terrorism? by LondonX: 12:34am On May 28, 2013
emmatok: We have seen and heard a lot about the Woolwich killing, but it is really an act of terrorism or just Murder case?
If those killers were not Muslims will their actions be called terrorism?
Why is the London Riot that lasted for more than three days not call terrorism?

I have a strange feeling that massive Racial and religious profiling is going.

We need to give crimes their right names and not all this bandwagon of calling everything terrorism.

I agree it isn't an act of terrorism. It's more of a barbaric murder than an act of terrorism. Perhaps, the only reason why they're alluding terrorism to it, is probably because the guy referenced Islam after committing the act.

Also, I doubt they will engage black people in religious profiling - that would be counterproductive on the long run. And may lead to racial tension. We're already being profiled for crime and "trident" was also created for that purpose. Anyway, we just have to be vigilant and I'm sure the black leaders are also watching everything as it unfolds. It's too early to cry out because what happened was a breach of national security.
Re: Is The WOOLWICH Killings An Act Of Terrorism? by gramci: 1:03am On May 28, 2013
Systematic use of violence to create a general climate of fear in a population and thereby to bring about a particular political objective

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/terrorism

It cant be classified as murder.
Re: Is The WOOLWICH Killings An Act Of Terrorism? by Nuzo1(m): 1:13am On May 28, 2013
I didn't know we would have to come back to sqaure one again. angry

I thot we all came to a conclusion that it was illuminati.

In order words, "an act of Illuminati".
Re: Is The WOOLWICH Killings An Act Of Terrorism? by UyiIredia(m): 1:26am On May 28, 2013
It was an act of heroism undecided
Re: Is The WOOLWICH Killings An Act Of Terrorism? by emmatok(m): 1:11pm On May 28, 2013
London-X:

I agree it isn't an act of terrorism. It's more of a barbaric murder than an act of terrorism. Perhaps, the only reason why they're alluding terrorism to it, is probably because the guy referenced Islam after committing the act.

Also, I doubt they will engage black people in religious profiling - that would be counterproductive on the long run. And may lead to racial tension. We're already being profiled for crime and "trident" was also created for that purpose. Anyway, we just have to be vigilant and I'm sure the black leaders are also watching everything as it unfolds. It's too early to cry out because what happened was a breach of national security.

True, but why is media painting the picture of terrorism when it is clear of murder.
Re: Is The WOOLWICH Killings An Act Of Terrorism? by emmatok(m): 1:13pm On May 28, 2013
gramci:

It cant be classified as murder.

Militancy, arsonist, serial killers can also fit into that .

(1) (Reply)

JTF Kills Shekau’s Close Associate / Etisalat Internet Modem Now Sells For N3,990. / Senate Stops N4bn First Ladies' Mission House Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.