Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano (13149 Views)

Soldiers Kill Two, Injure Policeman, Colleague / Police Kill Two Robbery Suspects In Gun Battle In Delta State (Graphic Pic) / Gunmen Kidnap Corps Member, Kill Two In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Tofax: 12:49pm On May 28, 2013
Fear Grips Kano Residents As Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men

Refreshed fear and apprehension have gripped residents of the northern Nigeria city of Kano, especially, non-natives with the latest killing of two Igbo business men based in the state.
The incident which occurred last weekend at Baban Layi, Kurna Asabe area of the city has interrupted relative peace gradually returning in the city.

Ibe Ugwuanyi (30), a Vulcanizer and Eke Osita Joseph (35) an Electronics dealer, were both shot at close range by two unknown gun men who stormed Osita’s electronics shop at about 7:30 p.m. and delivered several bullets on the two friends and brothers.

The duo hailed from Nsukka in Enugu state and were said to be very close allies.
On the fateful day, Ibe who had his shop on Ibadan Road, Sabon Gari, Kano went to Baban Layi, Kurna Asabe to visit his fellow tribesman and businessman, Joseph for a private business discussion and to watch movies as he always does at the close of the day’s business, one of their relatives told Pointblanknews.com.

According to another source, while discussions were in progress, two gunmen from nowhere stormed the shop, while they were both discussing and watching movies and opened fire on both Ibe and Joseph, killing them instantly and escaped the scene.

Their remains have been deposited to Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital for autopsy.
In contrast with speculations that the gruesome murder of Ibe and Osita was yet another case of terrorist attack, Kano State Police Command spokesman, Magaji Musa Majia told Pointblianknews.com that from information gathered so far, it could be a case of assassination.

We believe it could be a case of assassination arising from a business deal. It does not look like a terrorist attack; but investigation is on top gear to ascertain the real cause of their death. We have spread our drag-net and in no distance time, our detectives will come up with a useful result.

I seize this opportunity to call on all residents to remain calm and law-abiding. We all have a duty to cooperate with security agencies to fight crime and criminal activities. There is no need to panic because the police remain committed in protecting lives and properties of Nigerians, Magaji stated.

Source:pointblanknews.com/pbn/news/fear-grips-kano-residents-as-gunmen-kill-two-igbo-business-men/
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Afam4eva(m): 12:55pm On May 28, 2013
The police spokesman should shut up there. How does he know it wasn't a terrorist attack. Have they conducted a thourough investigation to jump to such a stupid conclusion? Are there special guns been used by terrorists?

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by nairalad: 1:09pm On May 28, 2013
Assasination!
Business deal gone sour. This has been happening not only to Igbos but to other tribes.

A lot of AK47s are in wrong hands today, FACT! Assassination is a business in the north today, FACT! it is happening side by side with the terror activities and this is actually making the killings easier, FACT!

SYRIA: Talks are going on between EU members on whether to arm the Rebels or not. This means more guns for rebels and more guns for smuggle business which means more guns are coming into Nigeria, more guns for Boko Haram, more guns for kidnappers, more fightings, more killings, more bloods and so on. This is the fact that we must live with.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Wadeoye(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2013
I am sure bombs will start exploding very soon now that everybody is focusing on Ameachi

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by nairalad: 1:20pm On May 28, 2013
Afam4eva: The police spokesman should shut up there. How does he know it wasn't a terrorist attack. Have they conducted a thourough investigation to jump to such a stupid conclusion? Are there special guns been used by terrorists?

^
If terrorists wants to murder igbos they dont have to follow them to their house. There is a place called sabon gari market I am sure they will kill so many and not just two watching TV in comfort of their rooms. How many Hausas and Muslims died in the hands of Boko Haram? What is special about Igbo?

17 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by remarkD(m): 1:25pm On May 28, 2013
Maybe this is the appropriate time to say this on NL... and I hope and wonder why Igbos residing in the north haven't thought of what I'm about to say... at least not from their actions; such action is paramount given the rate and boldness of the northerners when it comes to taking the precious of an/many Igbo (men).

Since the police and the soldiers haven not been able to protect the citizens from such barbaric killings, use ractive measures which apparently doesnt bring back the lives of those killed when they open their mouths to state pure... manure

My dear Igbo brothers resident in the North, how long shall you "face your business" when you have seen and continue to see the lives of your fellow brothers taken indiscriminately?
How long shall you stay in your shops and relax to watch movies when you know there are people all around you that don't want you and other Nigerians that don't "look, talk, behave etc" in their midst. What are you waiting for? for the deaths to reach thousands and tens of thousands? waiting for Ojukwu? or what? What exactly makes you sit down seemingly with folded arms acting like "I-don't-care" ... maybe until it hits you that are alive, or your family memers, but i pray God to forbid. I also pray that you NEED TO STAND UP!!!!

Stand up and take freaking charge... of your safety, your business, your family and other investments you might have.

I know you (we) are very intelligent and able to do this.

it won't take too much to form a secret deadly force. Aforce or squad that uses the powerful tool of human intelligence (which was crucial and led to the eventual capture of Bin Laden... if they had no human intelligence, all their navy seals and weapons etc could have been on innocent lives in Pakistan/Afghanistan).

My brothers, I am sure lots of you can speak fluent Hausa, some of you if not all know the cities and where your businesses are located like the back of your palm... so why not have these squad members, you don't need too many of them per operation actually... on every street where you are located... 1 or 2 undercover snipers from an undisclosed location can monitor both entrances of the area your are doing your work; i this situation of the thread, imagine if an Igbo sniper from the top of a building, tree or whatever, had seen these men on the bikes entering the street, before passing info/message to the guys and raising an alarm, i am sure that 2 shots one for each, will bring these men down, if not before they had struck, then afterwards when you know for sure they were terrorists, shoot them down as they flee.

You need close monitoring of your environments, you residencesand so on. Mingle into the locals group community, find their secrets, modus operandi... i tell ya... burn a mosque after they burn a church... hit them back.. then they will know who is boss. Have i said they will know who is boss? Well, then they will know who is boss. heheh :;

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by malc619(m): 2:07pm On May 28, 2013
RIP to the dead...

cool

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by achi4u(m): 2:37pm On May 28, 2013
nairalad: Assasination!
Business deal gone sour. This has been happening not only to Igbos but to other tribes.

A lot of AK47s are in wrong hands today, FACT! Assassination is a business in the north today, FACT! it is happening side by side with the terror activities and this is actually making the killings easier, FACT!

SYRIA: Talks are going on between EU members on whether to arm the Rebels or not. This means more guns for rebels and more guns for smuggle business which means more guns are coming into Nigeria, more guns for Boko Haram, more guns for kidnappers, more fightings, more killings, more bloods and so on. This is the fact that we must live with.
@nairalad
I watched that news on ajezeera last night dat EU members were about to supply arms to rebels...along dat line i got confused.please wot did they mean sef?
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by achi4u(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2013
@remark D
I like ur preaching and advice but where u said they should be monitoring their area by hiring sniper or coming together to form an underground squard got me cracking.Remeber we are talking of northern nigeria here where Igbos are nt welcome.

Forming such group will even make the situation worst...the best answere is "if you can relocate to a safer place for ur dear life good for you but if you cant then stay up north and perish.

I have never travel to north before and am nt planing of nearing that place anytime soon.

Am happy down EAST with any good thing life can offer.

R.I.P fallen brethren
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by masu: 3:54pm On May 28, 2013
Mr.magaji is an insult to nigeria police force,
His is a pure prove that all hausa fulanis big and small are out to kill ibos with their brothers in gov to protect any of there evil act on ibos.

Kano state governor once did it,
Yobe state or adamawa state governor also did it and now this.

Till now you hausa fulanis has not killed all ibos in nigeria tell me why you lot still continue in this hide and kill tactice of ibo and minority killings.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 28, 2013
We are still appealing to Biafrans living in the hot zones of the Jihardists enclave to have a rethink.
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by achi4u(m): 4:57pm On May 28, 2013
noblezone: We are still appealing to Biafrans living in the hot zones of the Jihardists enclave to have a rethink.
I wish they could!
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 28, 2013
Am sorry to say this. Igbos are the most stubborn set of humans on planet earth! How can people value their business more than their lives? If 2 Hausa men are killed in igbo land today, you will see how Hausas will leave their businesses and run back to their states pending when things calm down or they might not even return. But igbos will rather remain in volatile areas and get killed. I won't be surprised if igbos still reside in SOE states. ebere m na emere umu igbo! This is so sad smh....

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by kkkp: 6:13pm On May 28, 2013
Na by force to stay 4 north??
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 28, 2013
nairalad:
?b]What is special about Igbo?[/b]
I dnt understand what you mean asking this ques, can you pls butress? so i know how to respond to you.
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by 1MCN: 6:56pm On May 28, 2013
I once went to the local Eke market in my country home and stopped over at an 'aboki's' shop. I spoke my dialect to him with the expectation to just psych him. I was bewildered about the how rustic the guy could speak my native tongue with (almost better than myself) and he's making huge sums from that place in tens of thousands daily with peace of mind.
With this kind of news I wonder why "my own people" cant be treated same way in those places. This is painful.
I know about relocation inertia but am forced to say it is madness that Igbos still prefer to risk their lives and businesses up north. Some have returned though, but our people say if you tell the ear and it refuses to hear when they cut the head the ear follows along.
Onye nwere nti ya nuru.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by 1MCN: 7:00pm On May 28, 2013
Umunne lotawanu

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by sholay2011(m): 10:33pm On May 28, 2013
dozzybaba: I dnt understand what you mean asking this ques, can you pls butress? so i know how to respond to you.
Don't you know how to read? undecided Nonsense!
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by jjoro79(m): 10:40pm On May 28, 2013
may Allah guide and protect us. as for those that killed those men will surely be punish.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 28, 2013
When Terrorists strike churches containing Nigerians from various ethnic groups,next you see ibos shouting ethnic cleansing.If terrorists attack a motor park full of people from different ethnic groups,they claimed it was a pogrom targeted at ibos even when other people from other tribes also suffer casualty.Now two ibos were assasinated,they will soon call it holocaust simply because they are ibos.

However whenever boko haram attacks hausa muslims in their mosques,ibo will start screaming "set up" simply because ibo people are not involved.Hypocrisy lies in the east !

12 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by xtgozie(m): 10:48pm On May 28, 2013
nairalad:

^
If terrorists wants to murder igbos they dont have to follow them to their house. There is a place called sabon gari market I am sure they will kill so many and not just two watching TV in comfort of their rooms. How many Hausas and Muslims died in the hands of Boko Haram? What is special about Igbo?
so manythings are special. Ask me I will tell You.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by mrperfect(m): 10:50pm On May 28, 2013
People should try to balance all these killing news, enough of all these devilish titles. There are other tribes that are being killed such as Ijaw, Calabar, yoruba, oturukpo, Benin, zakibian people among others, I have been in the north for years to witness this. But when any igbo is killed news will carry it and brow it out of context. Is either some people always position igbo in war with northerners or want Igbo to fight for them all the time while they seat down and pretend it doesn't concern them because of fear and is safe to do so. For example if 5 people are killed 2 are igbo, 2 yoruba and 1 benin. Next thing you will hear is that 5 igbo people are killed. Another example is if 5 people are killed non igbo is there, you will hear that five people are killed without mentioning there tribes. But once igbo is there it will be mentioned. I have seen this trick repeat itself many times.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 28, 2013
mrperfect: People should try to balance all this killing, there other tribes that are being killed Ijaw, Calabar, yoruba, oturukpo, zakibian people among others, I have been in the north for years to witness this. But when any igbo is killed news will carry it and brow it out of context. Is either some people always position igbo in war with northers or want Igbo to fight for them all the time while they seat down and pretend it doesn't concern them because of fear and is safe to do so. For example if 5 people are killed 2 are igbo, 2 yoruba and 1 benin. Next thing you will hear is that 5 igbo people are killed. Another example is if 5 people are killed non igbo is there, you will hear that five people are killed without mentioning there tribes. But once igbo is there it will be mentioned. I have seen this trick repeat itself many times.

Its the same ibos that are politicising the killings.We've been hearing this pogrom crap since 1940s.Just the same way I see no reason why ojuku should allow millions to die and politicise their death !

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by aremzyolly(m): 11:09pm On May 28, 2013
I don't know how you people see this killing. but the way i see it,its definitely an assassination whether its a terrorist attack or not,An assassination still means the same thing..the main thing we should focus on is why is the assassination carried out..

1.might occur from a business deal.

2.it might be that these two people are working for these men as undercover and things went sour with the present situation going on in the north(not minding their tribe..but never trust igbo when money comes in)

3.with the present state of emergency declared and all the terrorists effort being handicapped ,they might take it on the igbo's since ...........
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by dewale2k: 11:12pm On May 28, 2013
[quote author=berem]Am sorry to say this. Igbos are the most stubborn set of humans on planet earth! How can people value their business more than their lives? If 2 Hausa men are killed in igbo land today, you will see how Hausas will leave their businesses and run back to their states pending when things calm down or they might not even return. But igbos will rather remain in volatile areas and get killed. I won't be surprised if igbos still reside in SOE states. ebere m na emere umu igbo! This is so sad smh....

Is nt easy to come back home and settle down,did you have anything to offer wen they comeback?
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 28, 2013
aremzyolly: I don't know how you people see this killing. but the way i see it,its definitely an assassination whether its a terrorist attack or not,An assassination still means the same thing..the main thing we should focus on is why is the assassination carried out..

1.might occur from a business deal.

2.it might be that these two people are working for these men as undercover and things went sour with the present situation going on in the north(not minding their tribe..but never trust igbo when money comes in)

3.with the present state of emergency declared
and all the terrorists effort being handicapped ,they might take it on the igbo's since ...........

An assault on the ijaws would have justified this proposition since the president is ijaw not ibo !
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by brownlord: 11:24pm On May 28, 2013
i n get sorry/RIP to tell any stubborn fly when say, em no go commot for that desert, na the thing when them like dem use their money buy, i rather commit suicide, than kill myself REF. PEJ 2011

make una dey kill una self for north, since una say una no go commot leave those aboki for their land
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Manweysabi(m): 11:42pm On May 28, 2013
Policemen came around yesterday with their pick up to pack electronics/goods from the deceased shop. Dude just rounded up his NYSC Feb this year. Had a wife with two kids.
May their Soul Rest in peace!
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by InvertedHammer: 12:00am On May 29, 2013
/
It is becoming extremely difficult to feel sorry for any southerner killed in Kano or Maiduguri.

These fellows sacrificed their lives for money.
Period!

//
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Nobody: 12:01am On May 29, 2013
Igbos = Hausa/Fulani shooting target. Shame on this nation.
Re: Gunmen Kill Two Igbo Men In Kano by Nobody: 12:07am On May 29, 2013
sholay2011:
Don't you know how to read? undecided Nonsense!
No i don't.. didn't have any awo to give me some free education grin. can you help him explain since you've decided become his mouthpiece?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Arrested In Ogun For Beating Man To Death Over Iphone / Evans In Court For Second Arraignment / Wadume: AGF Malami Takes Over Prosecution Of Taraba Kidnap Kingpin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.