Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. (1640 Views)

Cows Drag Road With Motorist In Abuja (photos) / Funny Things Nigerian Motorist Do To Save Money / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. by omaigala(m): 2:12pm On May 28, 2013
I really don't know if this section is the right place to post this.

Often times when I tried to take advantage of the zebra crossing signs on the road, I find myself either running back or running as fast as I could to avoid been hit by an on coming vehicle which usually are on high speed.

I discovered that all the motorist don't respect or act according to the purposes of these signs.

(((NOTE)))

A zebra crossing is a type of pedestrian
crossing used in many places around the
world. Its distinguishing feature is
alternating dark and light stripes on the
road surface, from which it derives its name.
A zebra crossing typically gives extra rights
of way to pedestrians.

Why do the Nigeria motorists don't respect these signs? .
Re: The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. by lonelydora: 9:21pm On May 28, 2013
Because most Nigerian drivers did not pass through driving school.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. by Uzzie: 9:54pm On May 28, 2013
are you a zebra

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. by Originalsly: 10:48pm On May 28, 2013
Uzzie: are you a zebra
Lol...OP...you see why?
Re: The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 28, 2013
omaigala: I really don't know if this section is the right place to post this.

Often times when I tried to take advantage of the zebra crossing signs on the road, I find myself either running back or running as fast as I could to avoid been hit by an on coming vehicle which usually are on high speed.

I discovered that all the motorist don't respect or act according to the purposes of these signs.

(((NOTE)))

of way to pedestrians.

Road safety is so important. Both for motorists and pedestrians... smiley
Re: The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. by omaigala(m): 11:19am On Jul 05, 2013
queenvic:

Road safety is so important. Both for motorists and pedestrians... smiley

#true
Re: The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
Uzzie: are you a zebra

With an attitude like yours, it's no wonder zebra / pedestrian crossings are not respected, or adhered to.

Then again, you might be joking, but if so, you're posting in the wrong section.
Re: The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. by aisog: 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2013
omaigala: I really don't know if this section is the right place to post this.

(((NOTE)))

of way to pedestrians.

most nigerians don't respect the sign cos they are ignorant of it.
Re: The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. by omaigala(m): 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
aiso_g:

most nigerians don't respect the sign cos they are ignorant of it.

Think so too...
Re: The Nigeria Motorist And Their Attitude Towards The Zebra Crossing Signs.. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
In Nigeria i think dat most motorists obey it when thier is a traffic warden at that point signalling...cox maybe 4 thier mind, u might nt knw whether the pedestrian u meet wants 2 cross the road or simply checking the cars most popular on nigerian roads.
Secondly, in the real sense i think the white colours should be highly reflective 2 effect the law being obeyed.
Above all, i dream that in the nearest future every road in Nigeria will have a traffic light cox thats the main thing.

(1) (Reply)

DIY - Drivers License Renewal / Man Filling His Lamborghini With Fuel In A Jerrycan (Photo) / Secret of how people Get Rich with Sport Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.