Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,840 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" (2404 Views)

Babangida To Northern Governors:north Must Unite Against Any Southern Candidate / 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States / Maryam Babangida To Obj, Ribadu: No Condition Is Permanent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Euroclydon(m): 8:29pm On May 28, 2013
Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, has publicly declared his loyalty to President Jonathan today in Zungeru as the President flagged of construction of the 700MW Zungeru Hydro Electric dam. This is coming on the heels of the recent tension in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)on the heels of alleged disloyalty by some governors who backed Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers state for the chairmanship of the Nigerian Governors Forum against the wishes of the PDP machinery.

Speaking today, Aliyu said "Those who are thinking that there is weigh between the Niger state government and governor and the President should swallow their spit. "We are one, we recognise that the people of Nigeria elected him and we respect that. If we do not respect and follow you (Mr. President), God will ask us. So we are saying, Mr. President that we are for you."

He further added "If you hear a lot of criticism, it is not because we do not love you (President) but because we want you to do more. Regardless of the noise, I know PDP shall make it, because we are one and we all are in one party".

The governor also stoutly denied that he had any plans to dump the ruling PDP as rumored by some newspaper houses.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/babangida-to-jonathan-mr-president-we-are-for-you

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2013
PAS; Post Amaechi Syndrome. All errantts are beginning to fall in line.

I laugh in Mandarin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Euroclydon(m): 8:38pm On May 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo: PAS; Post Amaechi Syndrome. All erants are beginning to fall in line.

grin grin grin grin you have said it all... grin grin grin[b]
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by naffysa(f): 8:43pm On May 28, 2013
Noise maker
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Lobolintin(m): 8:44pm On May 28, 2013
Mr Pres me dey ahead of u ooo
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by texaco1: 8:46pm On May 28, 2013
ameachi is all alone .
he played ro the drums of the opposiion ,now he must dance alone
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 28, 2013
This is one of the most helpless Govs cos he cannot win his much dreamt about senatorial seat in another party. His only hope is in PDP. I believe he takes guguru sometimes cos he speaks from both sides of his mouth.
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by superior1: 8:46pm On May 28, 2013
Even Jona cant be that clueless to believe Mr. Babangida

The Senior Alumajiri meant exactly opposite of what he said

2 Likes

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 28, 2013
He will deny ever saying that if you show him the quote tomorrow.
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Abagworo(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2013
Euroclydon: "We are one, we recognise that the people of Nigeria elected him and we respect that. If we do not respect and follow you (Mr. President), God will ask us. So we are saying, Mr. President that we are for you."

He further added "If you hear a lot of criticism, it is not because we do not love you (President) but because we want you to do more.

True words. Jonathan should learn that those criticisms are the truth and is nothing personal. His problem with Amaechi is because Amaechi criticized the spate of work on East/West Road. Is that not too childish for a man of his age and a President for that matter?

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by homesteady(m): 8:56pm On May 28, 2013
I just dey laugh!! He has left amechi alone!! Amechi is all alone!! LOL!! People might think kano state governor is against GEJ!! But they don't know anything about politics!! He knows that the day he start supporting GEJ openly, then there is a chance of him loosing the heart of kano people!! That's why during the last election, he did not even add GEJ picture to his poster!! But he still does some behind-the-scene works for GEJ!!
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by homesteady(m): 9:04pm On May 28, 2013
Abagworo:

True words. Jonathan should learn that those criticisms are the truth and is nothing personal. His problem with Amaechi is because Amaechi criticized the spate of work on East/West Road. Is that not too childish for a man of his age and a President for that matter?

Like seriously!! Are you for real!! Is this the main reason?? Maybe Jonathan has problems with obama and the US because they criticised his govt as corrupt!! He should also have problems with NLC chairman because he told him his govt was not working well!!

2 Likes

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by texaco1: 9:04pm On May 28, 2013
homesteady: I just dey laugh!! He has left amechi alone!! Amechi is all alone!! LOL!! People might think kano state governor is against GEJ!! But they don't know anything about politics!! He knows that the day he start supporting GEJ openly, then there is a chance of him loosing the heart of kano people!! That's why during the last election, he did not even add GEJ picture to his poster!! But he still does some behind-the-scene works for GEJ!!
pls kindly help me tell them ooo.many nairalanders dont understand how the game is played and all they believe in is saharareporters.
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Abagworo(m): 9:19pm On May 28, 2013
homesteady:

Like seriously!! Are you for real!! Is this the main reason?? Maybe Jonathan has problems with obama and the US because they criticised his govt as corrupt!! He should also have problems with NLC chairman because he told him his govt was not working well!!

If you know of any other reason can you please share with me. Amaechi also made exact same Aliyu's statements with regards to Jonathan.
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by chymystique(f): 9:22pm On May 28, 2013
This Niger State Governor is UGLEEEE shocked undecided
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Abagworo(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2013
Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, yesterday chided the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday Orubebe, over the latter’s criticism of his position on the troubled East-West Road project.

Orubebe had on Thursday during a tour of the project rebuked Amaechi for suggesting that the governments of the South-south states be allowed to take over and complete the construction of the road.

The minister said: "I am particularly piqued by the disrespectful behaviour of Amaechi to the person and office of President Goodluck Jonathan which will no longer be tolerated. Amaechi should mind the business of governing Rivers State whose capital city, Port Harcourt, has degenerated since the governor took over."

But in a swift reaction yesterday, through his Chief Press secretary, David Iyofor, Amaechi described Orubebe’s comments as "imprudent and reckless attack on the person of Governor Amaechi".

Said the statement from Iyofor: [b] "It is a dubious but obvious attempt by the minister to divert attention from his ineptitude and abysmal failure to deliver on the East- West road. This callous attempt to drag the President’s name into it is what is most disrespectful and irresponsible.

"Contrary to his madcap vituperations, Amaechi has tremendous respect for the office of the President of Nigeria and President Goodluck Jonathan.  The office of the President of Nigeria is a big institution that deserves utmost respect and it would be grossly irresponsible for anyone to disrespect Mr. President, which unfortunately Minister Orubebe is doing by dragging the President’s name into his inability to deliver on the East –West Road.

"Orubebe seems to suffer from a severe form of selective amnesia as he conveniently forgets that the same Amaechi he (Orubebe) now contemptuously and insolently disparages and flippantly accuses of not respecting Mr. President, led Rivers people to overwhelming vote for and gave Jonathan the highest votes by any state in the country at the last elections. Minister Orubebe should please tell us, what respect, regard and show of love is bigger than that?

Amaechi challenged the minister to show the world projects he started and completed in the Niger-Delta as Minister of Niger-Delta affairs. He also challenged Orubebe "to show the world one project he started and completed in Rivers State with the huge resources allocated to his ministry." [/b]

Orubebe also accused Amaechi of non-performance in his years as governor of Rivers State: "He (Amaechi) was saying that the governors of the Niger Delta want to take over the East-West Road. The resources of Rivers State are so enormous, but I can tell you that there are so many villages in Rivers State that have not been connected by road.

"Port Harcourt used to be the Garden City of this country. Today, Port Harcourt is a slum. You cannot move in Port Harcourt. I think that he should concern himself with utilizing the resources that are in there to develop Rivers State and the people of Rivers State."
But Amaechi replied through Iyofor: "I challenge Minister Orubebe to come to Rivers State at anytime of his choice and since he has become too blind to see Governor Amaechi’s monumental developmental strides and projects in the state.

"I will be most delighted to show him the kilometres upon kilometres of brand new roads and bridges, the world-class new hospitals and health centres scattered all over the state, the exquisite primary and secondary schools that has become the model for many, the robust urban renewal programme, and many more developmental projects of the Amaechi administration.

"I will advise him to make sure he brings the press along as well; so when he suffers from his selective amnesia again, the media will be quick to remind him that they saw the projects with him. What an irony, for an appointed minister who has failed woefully, who has been unable to complete one single road, to cast aspersions on an elected governor who is judiciously using the resources of his people to better their lives and develop their State.

"What a shame! This is indeed most ridiculous and laughable.  It’s no longer in doubt that Minister Orubebe does not like Rivers State.  Minister Orubebe should please face the simple task of completing one road, just one road, the East- West road, as this dubious diversionary attempt to attack Governor Amaechi will not complete the road that is most dear to the hearts and lives of Niger-Deltans."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechi-to-orubebe-you-are-a-failure/136866/

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by otokx(m): 9:34pm On May 28, 2013
Orubebe please fast track the east west road, we are tired of suffering.
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by PapaBrowne(m): 9:37pm On May 28, 2013
Abagworo:

If you know of any other reason can you please share with me. Amaechi also made exact same Aliyu's statements with regards to Jonathan.

Abagworo:

And you seriously believe that the reason for all this is his east-west road criticism of Orubebe??
Are you seriously serious? Abagworo, you should know better. You are too smart to have that conclusion.

In case you don't know, Amaechi is working with the opposition to undermine every effort the president makes. Check Sovereign wealth fund. Check PDP politicking since 2011. Check 2015 politics.

Amaechi is a traitor and that is the feeling of most people in Port Harcourt. In this battle, he is a lone wolf. All his percieved supporters would back pedal one by one then he will understand the true meaning of the word traitor!

2 Likes

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Abagworo(m): 9:43pm On May 28, 2013
PapaBrowne:

And you seriously believe that the reason for all this is his east-west road criticism of Orubebe??
Are you seriously serious? Abagworo, you should know better. You are too smart to have that conclusion.

In case you don't know, Amaechi is working with the opposition to undermine every effort the president makes. Check Sovereign wealth fund. Check PDP politicking since 2011. Check 2015 politics.

Amaechi is a traitor and that is the feeling of most people in Port Harcourt. In this battle, he is a lone wolf. All his percieved supporters would back pedal one by one then he will understand the true meaning of the word traitor!

Show me any link of where Amaechi insulted the office of the President or declared he is contesting against the President in 2015. Those that know Amaechi well will tell you that he is going for Rivers East senatorial elections in 2015. Or is it because of the fake posters? The other possible reason for this Ijaw on slaught against Amaechi is the planned imposition of Sekibo as Rivers Governor against the Ogoni option which has been on everyone's lips since 2007. As at today Amaechi has not made any open declaration of support for anyone in 2015 so why can't they let the man continue his good works in peace?
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by MajeOfficial: 9:47pm On May 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo: PAS; Post Amaechi Syndrome. All errantts are beginning to fall in line.

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Abagworo(m): 9:53pm On May 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo: A 'ROTIMI' in a household will always betray his brother.

You people are behaving like illiterates. Can you please tell me how Amaechi betrayed Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by PapaBrowne(m): 9:54pm On May 28, 2013
Abagworo:

Show me any link of where Amaechi insulted the office of the President or declared he is contesting against the President in 2015. Those that know Amaechi well will tell you that he is going for Rivers East senatorial elections in 2015. Or is it because of the fake posters?

Ok. So let me ask you a very simple question. Why does Amaechi want the NGF Chairmanship so bad. Why did he hustle it in the face of the immense opposition against him.
Why did the opposition choose to take side with Amaechi? If all he wants is a senatorial seat, why then is the NGF position so important to him. I have never seen a desire for powerless power(NGF doesnt convey any real powers)like Amaechi has displayed in the last few months.

JONATHAN wanted only one thing with regards to NGF. Split them. And he got it. A united NGF under Amaechi or Jang is a threat to the President like it has always been from the days of OBJ. Remember how the Governors drafted Atiku to run against OBJ in 2003 and how OBJ had to literally kneel down and beg Atiku??

2 Likes

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by otokx(m): 9:55pm On May 28, 2013
2015 will be hot.

1 Like

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:56pm On May 28, 2013
Abagworo:

You people are behaving like illiterates. Can you please tell me how Amaechi betrayed Jonathan.

It is the 'ROTIMI' in Rotimi Amaechi that took the better of him. Guess he knows better now.
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Abagworo(m): 10:17pm On May 28, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Ok. So let me ask you a very simple question. Why does Amaechi want the NGF Chairmanship so bad. Why did he hustle it in the face of the immense opposition against him.
Why did the opposition choose to take side with Amaechi? If all he wants is a senatorial seat, why then is the NGF position so important to him. I have never seen a desire for powerless power(NGF doesnt convey any real powers)like Amaechi has displayed in the last few months.

JONATHAN wanted only one thing with regards to NGF. Split them. And he got it. A united NGF under Amaechi or Jang is a threat to the President like it has always been from the days of OBJ. Remember how the Governors drafted Atiku to run against OBJ in 2003 and how OBJ had to literally kneel down and beg Atiku??

You've still not given any instance of Amaechi being disrespectful to Jonathan or even declaring interest in 2015 Presidency.
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by baby124: 10:23pm On May 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

It is the 'ROTIMI' in Rotimi Amaechi that took the better of him. Guess he knows better now.

You are right. Rotimi = "Oluwadurotimi" = God Stands by me/ God is for me / God is with me. Isnt this very ironic. Dont ever underestimate the power of a name. cool

2 Likes

Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by PapaBrowne(m): 10:29pm On May 28, 2013
Abagworo:

You've still not given any instance of Amaechi being disrespectful to Jonathan or even declaring interest in 2015 Presidency.

He doesnt have to declare interest neither does he have to be disrespectful on the pages of newspapers.
There are many nocturnal meetings that go on in different locations across the country and surely the incumbents camp is aware of many of Amaechi's hobnobbing.

If all my enemies are your friends, then surely you are an enemy.
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by alaoeri: 10:37pm On May 28, 2013
superior1: Even Jona cant be that clueless to believe Mr. Babangida

The Senior Alumajiri meant exactly opposite of what he said
Few among those that understand the whole scenario.
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 28, 2013
chymystique: This Niger State Governor is UGLEEEE shocked undecided
but he still fine pass GEJ... shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 28, 2013
babe_online:
but he still fine pass GEJ... shocked shocked shocked shocked
you dis ugly monkey, which person for your family fyn reach Jonathan? The thing way Jonathan don achieve, NO MEMBER of your Generation both dead, alive and the ones unborn go fit achieve am. shift go one side abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Letter Producing Results. PDP Makes U Turn / Gaza Invasion by Israel is One Hell Of A Pin-point Operation / Are These Cars Really Made In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.