Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital (19205 Views)

Uncompleted Two Wing Duplex With (C Of O ) For Sale.(pictures) / 4-Bedroom Duplex & Two 3-Bedroom Flats At Idimu For Sale / 4 Blocks Of Uncompleted Two Bedroom En-suite Flats N7milliom (wow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:10pm On May 29, 2013
The beginning of demolition works
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:20pm On May 29, 2013
I bought this uncompleted 2 three bedroom on a full plot of land. I am an amateur in building but ive learnt a lot from spyder, brabus and co. I want to do it myself with an experienced bricklayer. I will be bringing engineers at critical stages. I want to restructure it to a hospital with a two bed duplex in situ as the doctors residence. D purpose of this thread is to put what i learnt so far on this thread to practise and to update professionals in the house so that they can checkmate us when we make mistakes. It is also meant to teach other amateurs like myself how to do it yourself
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:28pm On May 29, 2013
I bought the property with ten million naira net. It is an old structure built in the 90s. The building plan was a four flat but funny enough it has no columns despite the fact that they have placed two couch on d lintel awaiting decking. I must confess the blocks were so strong and i learnt that in the 80's, once they use strong blocks they wont put columns and still deck. The lintels are so weak and trees were growing from the german floor causing a weakening of part of the walls
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:41pm On May 29, 2013
Early pix
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:54pm On May 29, 2013
More

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:10pm On May 29, 2013
The new plan for the ist floor
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:14pm On May 29, 2013
Approach view
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:18pm On May 29, 2013
Right side view
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:20pm On May 29, 2013
First floor plan

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:40pm On May 29, 2013
You may want to ask...why do it yourself? Why not contract it out to brabus since we are both in lagos? Firstly, finance. I am a young man in my early 30's who started d hospital less than 3yrs ago. That i can get 10million to buy a ppty within that short period of running d business which i started with a loan of 800k late 2010 shows God's grace and my prudence. So i want to carry that prudence to building without jeopardising safety and quality. Secondly i dont av too much moni left in my accnt so i want to be building from daily sales and i av a mmaximum 6mnth cos my landlord has given me a quit notice already. So even if i want i dnt av moni to contract it out
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 5:14pm On May 29, 2013
Our schedule of work is in phases. The first phase involve demolition of walls and breaking of all the lintels, creation of new walls, doors and windows, introduction of pillars and finally returning the structure back to lintel level
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2013
Demoliton in progress
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 5:21pm On May 29, 2013
More

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 5:25pm On May 29, 2013
They don pull down my house finish o

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 5:32pm On May 29, 2013
More

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 5:37pm On May 29, 2013
You may be wondering how did i know which walls to pull down. My architect already marked down the walls using the old building plan. My bricklayer too is very knowledgeable.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2013
We saved over 600 blocks from d demolition and the blocks are so strong

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 6:08pm On May 29, 2013
Digging of the new wall foundation commence

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 6:13pm On May 29, 2013
Digging continues

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 6:17pm On May 29, 2013
More digging

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by topsy23: 8:34pm On May 29, 2013
Give us the Mechanical and Electrical services installation for this project. A trial will convince you. U can also go through my thread also. My number is 08033643191 or e-mail: atope23@live.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 29, 2013
Where is this property
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:35am On May 30, 2013
Ceejayo: Where is this property
Alimosho area of lagos state
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:38am On May 30, 2013
20 tons of granite and sharp sound

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:53am On May 30, 2013
2by3 for pillars, 4500litres of tank and blocks

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 9:57am On May 30, 2013
Casting of short pillars

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 10:00am On May 30, 2013
More short pillars

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2013
Pillars

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:33pm On May 30, 2013
The german floor of this room was weakend by a tree that burrowed it and was done all over again

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:43pm On May 30, 2013
Packing out the debris in preparation for laying of new walls

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:49pm On May 30, 2013
Creating new walls

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 1:52pm On May 30, 2013
More walls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Follow Me To Thank God / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Ijegun, Lagos (Video) / Cost Of Fencing 2 Standard Plots Of Land

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.