Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,171 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? (2952 Views)

Photos Of The Rescued Boy Branded A Witch / Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by ZackiGp(m): 3:36pm On May 29, 2013
This same mother who took care of their husbands before they met him is now being seen as a witch, i mean this is so disgusting. Some will go to the extent of telling their hubby not to give or help his mother cos they think if he does, the mother will bewitch him.
Fellow nairalanders, how can we stop this problem that is eating up homes especially here in Africa? This matter is annoying me cos i'm hearing this same story evryday and most women seem to be buying it.
Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by toofine765: 5:15pm On May 29, 2013
I think the problem is most women enter into marriage with a wrong predisposition about their mil. They begin to see her as a problem even when the poor innocent woman does not pose as one. It's normal that mils get to be a little jealous when another woman comes to collect the sons which they have always held very close to their bosoms but we as wives are suppose to understand, show them love and also let them know that together we will build one big happy family. My mother in law? I love her so much and she loves me and my children just as much. She will rather pay me a visit than visit her own daughters even though we all stay in the same town. She does things even my own mother will not do for me. I just pray God to continue to keep her for me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by slymm(f): 5:31pm On May 29, 2013
Because some mother in laws act like witches. I do not think some women are stark raving mad, clutching at their wrappper prepared for a fight with the mother in law, these women only become defensive wwhen thei mother in law starts to attack. So many MILs refuse to let their sons and their wives live in peace, they want to still ccontrol the man and tell him what to do. Of course, there are some daughter in laws that are biatches too. There are always two sided to a story.
Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by ZackiGp(m): 6:22pm On May 29, 2013
slymm: Because some mother in laws act like witches. I do not think some women are stark raving mad, clutching at their wrappper prepared for a fight with the mother in law, these women only become defensive wwhen thei mother in law starts to attack. So many MILs refuse to let their sons and their wives live in peace, they want to still ccontrol the man and tell him what to do. Of course, there are some daughter in laws that are biatches too. There are always two sided to a story.
But this doesn't make her a witch right?
Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by spoilt(f): 7:33pm On May 29, 2013
Some MILs fly at night. . . . .no kidding.
Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by greatgod2012(f): 8:06pm On May 29, 2013
Hhhhhmmmm, may God help us all oooo
The fact is that, every daughter-in-law is a potential mother-in-law. And its what we sow that we shall reap. AnyDIL who thinks her MIL is a witch, who did not witch her hubby before she marries him, is sowing a seed, which she will reap bountifully as at when due, i.e when she too becomes a MIL, her DIL will also call her a witch.
I love my own MIL and im even afraid to lose her now, may God continue to keep her for me, shes my confidant. And i pray that i reap whatever i do to my MIL in millions fold. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by slymm(f): 8:29pm On May 29, 2013
@zakiGP, that depends on what you mean by witch oh. Are you talking of spiritual fliers, who tie up the womb and eat their sons finance from the coven? Well some are like that sha, then some are the physical witches who will not allow peace tto reign in their sons lives and have vowed to make the imposters(wife) life miserable.
Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by ZackiGp(m): 8:45pm On May 29, 2013
slymm, dat a woman is having issues with her son's wife still does not make a witch. I think DILs shd accept the fact dat a mother's love for her child neva dies and shdn't see this as a threat to her marriage or as witchcraft.
Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by JoannaSedley(f): 9:29pm On May 29, 2013
I

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by slymm(f): 11:03pm On May 29, 2013
What a wonderful story. Your MIL was the one handing out your pocket money? This shit gets stranger by the day!!!
Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by slimyem: 11:05pm On May 29, 2013
Nollywood is the real problem.
Their depiction of MIL characters and the gullibility of those that believe those things mirror all that obtain in real.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by baby124: 11:07pm On May 29, 2013
A witch knows a witch. And knows what a witch is capable of doing. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by isalegan2: 3:21am On May 30, 2013
greatgod2012:
I love my own MIL and im even afraid to lose her now, may God continue to keep her for me. . .

I know how you feel. I adore mine, and she loves me. Don't know what I'd do if it wasn't so.
Re: Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? by Nobody: 4:51am On May 30, 2013
C how an ordinary nigerian mind thinketh.
U hv an issue with ur MIL and she is labeld "witch". Witch this,witch that,everybody in nigeria is a witch. D writer,if u hv a mum,she 2 is a witch,ur wife and daughters belong also. Can't we use our God givin mind and think about something positive and creative?
Pple r breakin world records in new discoveries and we r here promotin witchcraft.
Some women lv their boys very well and tends to be overly possesive in nature.when such person has a DIL,of course e no go easy.instead of pple to check for d cause of conflict btw MIL and DIL,a MIL is labelled witch.I tot psychology is a discipline in nigerian unis.
(I forgot we don't practice what we studied)
Too baaad
Let us continue with this mindset. we r indeed movin forward.most of us hv gone to other countries to take up residence and enjoy what they hv, why,cos they don't hv time labelin a MIL witch in dis century.they hv movd forward. Our churches thrive cos of this mindset.nobody goes to church to worship God but bc of fear.fear of witches no wizard.
Sooo baaaad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice Urgently Before Doing Something Crazy. / My Wife Is Annoying Me / A Good Name Is Better Than Riches.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.