Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,038 members, 7,835,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

yes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / yes (2031 Views)

**URGENT PLEASE*** What Internet Bussiness Can I Do With 30k???? / Importation Bussiness Thread:truth About Buying Galaxy S4 Phone And Laptop & 14k / Viable Bussiness Ideas For $50k/7.5 Mill Naira In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

yes by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 29, 2013
contact me
Re: yes by newyorkaba: 2:22am On May 30, 2013
Congrats for deciding to start your own busines dear. I'm glad you're turing your disappointment to a blessing. While I am not able to partner with you, I thought to suggest that you consider starting your business from a small scale and grow from there.

SInce you make better meatpies than sweet sensations-very believable-, you might want to start making and selling meat pies for now and as you gain and grow customers you can add other foods.

I understand that you're very ambitious and want to be big but here's why I made this suggestion.
1. You are just starting out and i imagine you'll be doing this on your own. So many unforseen events come up in running a business and so many skills are required too. You want to start small so that you keep your risk at minimal if something bad happens. And you also want to acquire and enhance your skills slowly too. If you start a full service business today and got a large order you can't meet, it hurts your business badly.

2. You will be growing customers too. It's easier to sell one thing at a time to a customer than so many things. you want your customer to know your specialty and you also want to take time to study and court your customers.

3. You dont have the money! Be realistic dear. if you don't have the funds to go big, start with what you can afford.

If you work hard and stay persistent and focused, you can become the next big food chain brand. Rome wasnt built in a day.

Good luck and I hope i was helpful

Xoxo

1 Like

Re: yes by toffinc: 3:22am On May 30, 2013
newyorkaba: Congrats for deciding to start your own busines dear. I'm glad you're turing your disappointment to a blessing. While I am not able to partner with you, I thought to suggest that you consider starting your business from a small scale and grow from there.

SInce you make better meatpies than sweet sensations-very believable-, you might want to start making and selling meat pies for now and as you gain and grow customers you can add other foods.

I understand that you're very ambitious and want to be big but here's why I made this suggestion.
1. You are just starting out and i imagine you'll be doing this on your own. So many unforseen events come up in running a business and so many skills are required too. You want to start small so that you keep your risk at minimal if something bad happens. And you also want to acquire and enhance your skills slowly too. If you start a full service business today and got a large order you can't meet, it hurts your business badly.

2. You will be growing customers too. It's easier to sell one thing at a time to a customer than so many things. you want your customer to know your specialty and you also want to take time to study and court your customers.

3. You dont have the money! Be realistic dear. if you don't have the funds to go big, start with what you can afford.

If you work hard and stay persistent and focused, you can become the next big food chain brand. Rome wasnt built in a day.

Good luck and I hope i was helpful

Xoxo

I really appreciate for what you talking. Just follow this guy's instruction and i am sure you will success one day!
Re: yes by Originalsly: 4:12am On May 30, 2013
Hmmm...looking for a partner/sponsor. Can we clear the air on why you got fired?... bad cook?..stealing?...showing up for work whenever you feel like? As a cook...it's not for you to say how how good your food is....that is for the customers to decide. On starting the business...you see a need ...to provide food at night.Can't you start small? ...and on your own? I would suggest you start with a pot of whatever food. If you are that good...and clean...people wojld be waiting for you the next night and word would spread. That's how you would build a customer base and eventually when you have enough money you can open a restaurant and don't have to worry about customers. Creep before you walk.
Re: yes by Ejiogbe(m): 10:10am On May 30, 2013
Beautiful ideas, good suggestions from nairalanders. Start with what you have. Be diligent,be honest, be focused. And up you go. See you at the bank.
www.entrepreneurialjunction..com

(1) (Reply)

Relevance Of An INTERCOM To A Business Environment / 6 Steps To Selling More Online Using An Ecommerce Website Like Konga Or Jumia / BREAKING: Shell Completes Sale Of OML 28 For $1.5 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.