Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People (10731 Views)

Ijaw Oil Belongs To Jigawa People, Watch / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) / Bayelsa Oil Belongs To Jigawa People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Maxymilliano(m): 7:03pm On May 29, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Wednesday congratulated himself for selecting Sule Lamido to be the governor of Jigawa state insisting that his choice has paid off.

Mr Obasanjo, speaking as a guest at the Jigawa State Economic Summit, said Governor Lamido has shown by his achievements in office that he was the right person to lead the state.

He said, "You people of Jigawa, once again, I congratulate you and I congratulate myself; because if you can say, yes, Obasanjo forced this one (Governor Lamido) on us, it is a goodforcing.

"It comes to one thing that you will say, you can help anybody to find a job but you cannothelp anybody to do the job. In this case, we found a job for Sule Lamido. Sule Lamido was ready, willing, able and competent to do the job."

The relationship between Mr Obasanjo and Governor Lamido dates as far back as 1999 when the former President appointed the governor Foreign Minister causing friction with the governor's patron Abubakar Rimi who had been turned down as Obasanjo's Vice-Presidential partner and was lobbying for the Foreign Minister job.

In May 2003, after the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP) had lost the elections in Jigawa State, Governor Lamido claimed that the polls had been rigged in favour of the All Nigeria People's Party (ANPP). In August 2006 it was reported that the North West zone of the PDP had rejected Governor Lamido as a candidate for the 2007 governorship election. However, in April 2007, Governor Lamido contested and won the governorship election in Jigawa State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq88fe7uJHM&sns=fb
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by 13volts(m): 8:12pm On May 29, 2013
Yes oh Lamido is one of the best performing states in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by HolyTruth: 4:41am On May 30, 2013
May our good God grant common sense and wisdom to these set of Nigerian leaders.

The last time I checked, democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Why would OBJ detect, nominate,impose or rig in a Governor for the people of Jigawa? And even have the guts to openly announce it...congratulating him and himself as per being "the god" of the people of Jigawa.

This is an insult to the people of Jigawa...this is a let down and injustice. A show of shame!

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Nobody: 6:53am On May 30, 2013
Karma is catching up with Obasanjo. It is this same Obj that described Zik as descending from the Zik of Africa to the Owelle of Onitsha.
Today, Obj has fallen from his height as Africa's number one to Jigawa's godfather(since he has been chased out of his state by the ACN )
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Nobody: 7:27am On May 30, 2013
It seems GEJ has finally beat the 1st law of power.

Obj is now looking elsewhere for a puppet, I really don't know what to make of this yet, but all I say is that, come 2015, it's gonna be so hot.

But why will Obj imposed somebody on the people? Are they zombies?

The previous time I checked, they have choices and still do have the ability to choose.
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by strangest(m): 9:37am On May 30, 2013
Obj has lost his credibility... he should go back to his farm and enjoy the NEPA money he stole while we continue to stay in darkness hoping on GEJ's privatization

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Akpan107(m): 9:37am On May 30, 2013
13volts: Yes oh Lamido is one of the best performing states in Nigeria.
Is Lamido a State?

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Akpan107(m): 9:38am On May 30, 2013
Is Lamido a State? Have never heard of Lamido State before in Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by ortopazz(m): 9:40am On May 30, 2013
I watched him live spill that gibberish, he can no longer deny that he first spoilt our democracy, when he made the statement, his commandos were laughing sheepishly, dnt blame the old man, abeokuta is becoming hotter and hotter eryday, his looking for where he wiilll spend his political exile come2015 guess jigawa will be safe or i hope so..,
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by CLASSMAN: 9:42am On May 30, 2013
Also how you forced sick yar adua on us which eventual led to jonathan
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by dridowu: 9:51am On May 30, 2013
I hope d man perform 4 Jigawa............................as Baba don 4ce am on Jigawa , na 9ja at large remain be dat oooooooooooooooo
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by wasiudvd(m): 10:10am On May 30, 2013
"You people of Jigawa, once again, I congratulate you and I congratulate myself; because IF you can say, yes, Obasanjo forced this one (Governor Lamido) on us, it is a goodforcing"

So! He forced him on PDP in the primary election, put gun on their heads to vote him? He forced him on Jigawa pple in the main election, use Juju on them to vote him?
OR
He rigged the election in his favour?
If so, he did the same for Yaradua/JEG, and again for JEG.
And some pple here are trying to do the same thing they accuse him of, by threatening nigerians with war if JEG is voted out of power. U pple r hypocrites.
If JEG loose come 2015, the same thing that is happening to BH will happen to any group that threaten the govt.
And for this, I will never vote JEG!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by ewet: 10:20am On May 30, 2013
HolyTruth: May our good God grant common sense and wisdom to these set of Nigerian leaders.

The last time I checked, democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Why would OBJ detect, nominate,impose or rig in a Governor for the people of Jigawa? And even have the guts to openly announce it...congratulating him and himself as per being "the god" of the people of Jigawa.

This is an insult to the people of Jigawa...this is a let down and injustice. A show of shame!

I think he is bin quoted out of context. there is no way he could have forced the gov on the people afterall there was an election but he could have being able to heavily influence is nomination at the party caucus level.
I think that wht he met!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by hardknockbroda(m): 10:22am On May 30, 2013
undecided

Lamido is a state??
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by ichommy(m): 10:28am On May 30, 2013
So i no dey current again, we now have lamido state abi?
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Nobody: 10:39am On May 30, 2013
Maxymilliano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq88fe7uJHM&sns=fb

I am seeking for a reliable investor to invest 300k for the release of this movie that the trailer copy has been pasted below.
http://vimeo.com/43151929

I also have the preview copy for serious minded investors and we can discuss profit sharing.
Call me on 08162655771 or add me on bb: 2320EEBD.
Thanks.
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by dulphines: 10:58am On May 30, 2013
OBJ, please find me a job as well. You don't need to show me how to do it biko! Na wa o! So na like this we go dey dey?
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by oiseworld: 11:26am On May 30, 2013
Selection and enforcement of candidates especially at the primaries is well encouraged in the north. Most Northerners are backward with a very sentimental way of reasoning. Their mentality is not more than that of a child. They make stupid decisions. So am with selecting a candidate for them.

They really need to be led. You know what I mean.
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by loswhite(m): 11:36am On May 30, 2013
HolyTruth: May our good God grant common sense and wisdom to these set of Nigerian leaders.

the last time i checked you only vote people representing a particular political party and there is what we call power of influence in such parties
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by dammytosh: 11:37am On May 30, 2013
Was Fashola not forced on Lagos state ?

And is there not another 'FORCEE' and 'FORCER' in the making as the next Governor of Lagos State ?

No big deal. By forces, I am sure he meant. Taking the unilateral decision to get him the primaries ticket.
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Songitto(m): 11:54am On May 30, 2013
ortopazz: I watched him live spill that gibberish, he can no longer deny that he first spoilt our democracy, when he made the statement, his commandos were laughing sheepishly, dnt blame the old man, abeokuta is becoming hotter and hotter eryday, his looking for where he wiilll spend his political exile come2015 guess jigawa will be safe or i hope so..,

you are a lier,there is nothing like that in my rock city, ABEOKUTA is the most peaceful state in NIGERIA
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by fineworker(m): 12:10pm On May 30, 2013
ewet:

I think he is bin quoted out of context. there is no way he could have forced the gov on the people afterall there was an election but he could have being able to heavily influence is nomination at the party caucus level.
I think that wht he met!
Stop thinking and start reasoning, thatls an order. This is the same person who promised that election is a do or die affair.
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Nosyke(m): 12:16pm On May 30, 2013
This brazen display of disregard for democracy should just stop.
First, it was Akpabia that brazenly declared how he foisted a senator on one of Akwa Ibom state senatorial zones.
Now Obj is telling us how he has forced Lamido on Jigawa.
While I am not debating if these 'forcees' have performed or not (thats outside the scope of this text), I am simply worried that these 'forcers' dont seem to respect the intelligence of Nigerians.
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Gamji007: 12:19pm On May 30, 2013
He said, "You people of Jigawa, once again, I congratulate you and I congratulate myself; because if you can say, yes, Obasanjo forced this one (Governor Lamido) on us, it is a goodforcing.

What does he have to say about the GEJ he forced on Nigerians? Should he congratulate himself and call it goodforcing?
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by zuggy: 12:43pm On May 30, 2013
If I were OBJ, I'll retire quietly to my farm. An old man following children to look for political relevance. This is GEJ's time and he's making the most of it, he had his own time and should know that his time is expired. I think OBJ is senile. Afterall didn't he ditch those that made him president. The law of Karma has caught up with him. Old man, I advise to retire to your farm and start making peace with your creator. You couuldnt help Iyabo win a senatorial seat nor your old friend the governorship all in your state, anyway wait for 2015 and watch yourself disgraced cos finally Lamido will still ditch u and push for GEJ, Gov Aliyu has already labelled he and all his northern co horts as NOISE MAKERS
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 30, 2013
Honestly, any person who still think the masses choose their leaders is deluding himself, because that's not the true way democracy runs in any part of the world. In any democracy there is always a group of persons who decide this things call them power brokers if you may, but they are there; from Washington to London from South Africa to Tokyo these people only presents candidates for the people to choose from, that my friend is the true picture.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Cheggoon(m): 2:32pm On May 30, 2013
Jigawa state election was rigged..,cos I could remember CAN was leading PDP..,not until PDP rigged the election in GWIWA local govt area of Jigawa..Even Lamido compasate the LG chairman by makin in a commissioner... I was there life as one of the Presiding Officer..me self collect money for that movt ooo,I no go lie...!
Re: Obasanjo Forced Lamido On Jigawa People by Cheggoon(m): 2:33pm On May 30, 2013
What is the capital city of Lamido state?

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Nelly Mayshak And Three Others / Buhari Delivering His Speech During The Signing Of The 2016 Budget (Video) / Lagos IGR Hits 103.4billion Naira In First Quarter Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.