Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not (40562 Views)

You Will Get The Visa If You… / You Can Be Have A Visa If You Believe It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by smile101: 9:01pm On May 29, 2013
Good people of nairaland....Please i need your advice on how to verify Visa if is fake or not...please your advice is urgently needed.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by texaco1: 9:12pm On May 29, 2013
the embassy is ur best bet .but if u dont want to go there,go to the airport there are some immigration guys who are trained to detect fake visas.but u have to be careful oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by smile101: 9:23pm On May 29, 2013
texaco1: the embassy is ur best bet .but if u dont want to go there,go to the airport there are some immigration guys who are trained to detect fake visas.but u have to be careful oooo

Thanks very much sir......I did not appear at the Embassy so that why am careful...before i pay the agent.....I will go to the airport then..But sometimes some fake visa travel from Nigeria and when they get to the country they are heading to then they will find out is face visa...this is my fear is the immigration we have here no their job
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by texaco1: 9:35pm On May 29, 2013
smile101:

Thanks very much sir......I did not appear at the Embassy so that why am careful...before i pay the agent.....I will go to the airport then..But sometimes some fake visa travel from Nigeria and when they get to the country they are heading to then they will find out is face visa...this is my fear is the immigration we have here no their job
i understand ur fears ,when i was in nigeria ,i once bought a south african passport,the person told me it was geniue and really got me convinced ,well i took it to the airport,prayerfully approached an immigration officer that was checking travel documents ,he look at it under the lens and microscope and told me it was fake .but u have to be very very very careful ,try to get someone that knows them very well .i was just very lucky on that day.by the ay hich country visa is it ?
those immgration guys are called pathfinders ,they can detect anything fake passport or visa but u have to be careful ooo.this is my third time of warning u .
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by smile101: 9:59pm On May 29, 2013
texaco1:
i understand ur fears ,when i was in nigeria ,i once bought a south african passport,the person told me it was geniue and really got me convinced ,well i took it to the airport,prayerfully approached an immigration officer that was checking travel documents ,he look at it under the lens and microscope and told me it was fake .but u have to be very very very careful ,try to get someone that knows them very well .i was just very lucky on that day.by the ay hich country visa is it ?
those immgration guys are called pathfinders ,they can detect anything fake passport or visa but u have to be careful ooo.this is my third time of warning u .

Sir thanks so much for taking your time to reply me....This is not my first time to travel.....But the visa am talking about is South Korea.....I just want to be sure bro if i was some people that easy give up i should have give up by now...But i have to keep moving
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by Vicjustice: 10:01pm On May 29, 2013
smile101: Good people of nairaland....Please i need your advice on how to verify Visa if is fake or not...please your advice is urgently needed.
smile101: Thanks very much sir......I did not appear at the Embassy so that why am careful...before i pay the agent.....I will go to the airport then..But sometimes some fake visa travel from Nigeria and when they get to the country they are heading to then they will find out is face visa...this is my fear is the immigration we have here no their job
The visa is FAKE, it is impossible to get a visa to any normal country without appearance

5 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by smile101: 10:16pm On May 29, 2013
Vicjustice:
The visa is FAKE, it is impossible to get a visa to any normal country without appearance

Thanks this is my question....what of i do not pay them...and i take it to airport to comefirm
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by Originalsly: 11:56am On May 30, 2013
Hmmm.....visa without appearance....and you wondering if it is fake.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by OluomoChampion(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
smile101:

Am sorry to shock you, there is no any countrys' embassy will issue u a visa without appearance simple, the visa is fake!

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
Actually, Australia offers visa without appearance

16 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by MMotimo: 5:18am On Jul 06, 2013
This visa matter na wa o!
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by hunkydory(m): 6:23am On Jul 06, 2013
jennykadry: Actually, Australia offers visa without appearance
You are well-informed.Its not only australia but many other countries too.

14 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by postemail: 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Well, for south Korean visa, you don't have to appear for visa. Someone can apply for your visa.

Anyway, I can help you verify the visa. I will compare with the ones I have in my passport, or give you the contact of my friend at Lagos consulate near banana island.

Note:
1. South Korea visa doesn't hv applicants photo on it.
2. Visa number starts with NJ for Abuja, LG for Lagos
3. It's written Republic of Korea, and not South Korea at the top.
4. Check the remark section to see the name of your Korean sponsor.
5. The visa is stenciled "KOR" all over it so that it's not easy to peel from the passport page.

Caution:
Having a Korean visa doesn't guarantee entry. On arrival at Inchon, you have to go through interrogation. They will call your sponsor. He has to be your guarantor. They will search your bags for drugs and clothing label-If you have lived in Korea illegally and gone home to do "U" turn with a new passport, you might have somethings to show , clothes, coins, name cards etc. sometimes they will ask you question in Korean, just to see your reaction. Finally, your funds. How much you have on you will determine if they'll let you into town or call your airline to take you home

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by justwise(m): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
post.email:
Well, for south Korean visa, you don't have to appear for visa. Someone can apply for your visa.

Anyway, I can help you verify the visa. I will compare with the ones I have in my passport, or give you the contact of my friend at Lagos consulate near banana island.

Note:
1. South Korea visa doesn't hv applicants photo on it.
2. Visa number starts with NJ for Abuja, LG for Lagos
3. It's written Republic of Korea, and not South Korea at the top.
4. Check the remark section to see the name of your Korean sponsor.
5. The visa is stenciled "KOR" all over it so that it's not easy to peel from the passport page.

Caution:
Having a Korean visa doesn't guarantee entry. On arrival at Inchon, you have to go through interrogation. They will call your sponsor. He has to be your guarantor. They will search your bags for drugs and clothing label-If you have lived in Korea illegally and gone home to do "U" turn with a new passport, you might have somethings to show , clothes, coins, name cards etc. sometimes they will ask you question in Korean, just to see your reaction. Finally, your funds. How much you have on you will determine if they'll let you into town or call your airline to take you home

How will you do that? Will the op send you a copy of the visa or the passport itself?
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by postemail: 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
justwise:

How will you do that? Will the op send you a copy of the visa or the passport itself?

A copy of the visa, just to compare with the ones in my passport; check the remarks (mostly written in Korean).
If the sticker is the same with what I have in passport, he could further verify the visa by visiting the consulate.

@ op. read the pidgin english part of my post.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
post.email:

A copy of the visa, just to compare with the ones in my passport; check the remarks (mostly written in Korean).
If the sticker is the same with what I have in passport, he could further verify the visa by visiting the consulate.

@ op. read the pidgin english part of my post.

So from the photocopy you will be able to see even the security features?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by postemail: 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
justwise:

So from the photocopy you will be able to see even the security features?

My friend, it's not about the security features. All forgers have to do is use old/ used visa, clean the name, issue and expiry date, re-type op's data on the used visa as a new one. But where they will have a problem is typing Korean fonts. That's what I want to check, if they scanned it or they typed it. Secondly from the visa number (which is not typed), it's possible to know when it was issued. Typical visa number NJ8006167 - visa issued in 2008.. If all these checks and others pass, he could then go to the consulate. Simple!
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
post.email:

My friend, it's not about the security features. All forgers have to do is use old/ used visa, clean the name, issue and expiry date, re-type op's data on the used visa as a new one. But where they will have a problem is typing Korean fonts. That's what I want to check, if they scanned it or they typed it. Secondly from the visa number (which is not typed), it's possible to know when it was issued. Typical visa number NJ8006167 - visa issued in 2008.. If all these checks and others pass, he could then go to the consulate. Simple!

You still don't get it, if the forgers clean the name and the expiry date, how about the visa number and the water mark? Will the forger be able to change all that?

Go to the consulate to do what exactly?
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by postemail: 11:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
justwise:

You still don't get it, if the forgers clean the name and the expiry date, how about the visa number and the water mark? Will the forger be able to change all that?

Dude, someone sold this guy a Korean visa with his name and passport number on it, and, as I assume, valid for 90 days. Now he wants to know if the visa is fake or real.

All Korean visas have the same generic watermark, hologram prints, and stencil prints on them. So forgers won't bother these features. If that visa is fake, then all the forgers did were to clean the names, passport number and issue/expiry date of a used Korean visa, and type the op's passport data onto the cleaned visa leaving the visa number intact. It's simple! Thats how it's done in TBS. When I mean "clean" don't think of photoshop gimmicks. They phyically clean the typing on the used visa and retype on it with new data. If you put it under mercury light, it will pass. But how they detect this reprints is with a magnifying glass to check the prints, or at port of entry when they put the visa number in the system.

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by postemail: 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2013

Well, only at the Korean embassy and at port entry can he check the visa number validity. Since I am neither a hacker, nor with access to embassy database, the best I can suggest is going through the guys working there to check if he has a visa application file. They keep mOst the visa application files.
At the consulate in banana island, they have huge stacks of applicants file at the reception room. Nigerians are working at the reception area. They can help him check unofficially.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by sheniqua: 2:21am On Jul 12, 2013
jennykadry: Actually, Australia offers visa without appearance

So does Canada

6 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 12, 2013
There is only one true way to verify the validity of a visa....go to there airport and attempt to board a plane....if the

securities dont slam you down that pound on you...voila..your visa is legit my friend...

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by justwise(m): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2013
post.email:

Dude, someone sold this guy a Korean visa with his name and passport number on it, and, as I assume, valid for 90 days. Now he wants to know if the visa is fake or real.

All Korean visas have the same generic watermark, hologram prints, and stencil prints on them. So forgers won't bother these features. If that visa is fake, then all the forgers did were to clean the names, passport number and issue/expiry date of a used Korean visa, and type the op's passport data onto the cleaned visa leaving the visa number intact. It's simple! Thats how it's done in TBS. When I mean "clean" don't think of photoshop gimmicks. They phyically clean the typing on the used visa and retype on it with new data. If you put it under mercury light, it will pass. But how they detect this reprints is with a magnifying glass to check the prints, or at port of entry when they put the visa number in the system.

That just means all the forgeries and cleaning are just pointless and silly, if the holder can still be caught at the airport.

post.email:

Well, only at the Korean embassy and at port entry can he check the visa number validity. Since I am neither a hacker, nor with access to embassy database, the best I can suggest is going through the guys working there to check if he has a visa application file. They keep mOst the visa application files.
At the consulate in banana island, they have huge stacks of applicants file at the reception room. Nigerians are working at the reception area. They can help him check unofficially.

That is exactly why its difficult for some Nigerians to get a job in the position of trust, we always look for away to by-pass legitimate system.

The whole thing is ridiculous, why would anybody buy forged visa then pay some fraudulent individuals at the embassy to 'check' it unofficially while applying directly to Korean embassy cost as little as $30?

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by postemail: 10:04am On Jul 12, 2013
justwise: [/b]

That just means all the forgeries and cleaning are just pointless and silly, if the holder can still be caught at the airport.

[/b]

That is exactly why its difficult for some Nigerians to get a job in the position of trust, we always look for away to by-pass legitimate system.

The whole thing is ridiculous, why would anybody buy forged visa then pay some fraudulent individuals at the embassy to 'check' it unofficially while applying directly to Korean embassy cost as little as $30?

Dude, his visa might not be fake? That's why he wants to get it verified.

$30 doesn't get him a Korean visa without a korean guarantor to provide the necessary documents :tax clearance, signed guarantee form, employment history, publicly notarized invitation, ID copy etc.

All forgeries are not pointless and useless, because many have used them to board planes and seek "aduro" on arrival. Is right or wrong? Well, ask them dudes who used ''em in early 90's to Japan, Europe and America, chop "aduro", now either permanent resident or citizen.

What are you going on about fraud? Having someone at embassy check if visa is valid or not is fraud? Please! Having someone in jamb/waec check your result is fraud?

Well, the truth is there are visa agents. Some help you get a valid visa for a fee, some put a fake visa for a fee.
Op has a korean visa in his passport. We don't know if his visa is valid. Op doesn't know if visa is valid. He paid for the visa. He wants to travel out of Nigeria. What does he do?

11 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by justwise(m): 10:28am On Jul 12, 2013
post.email:

Dude, his visa might not be fake? That's why he wants to get it verified.

$30 doesn't get him a Korean visa without a korean guarantor to provide the necessary documents :tax clearance, signed guarantee form, employment history, publicly notarized invitation, ID copy etc.

All forgeries are not pointless and useless, because many have used them to board planes and seek "aduro" on arrival. Is right or wrong? Well, ask them dudes who used ''em in early 90's to Japan, Europe and America, chop "aduro", now either permanent resident or citizen.

What are you going on about fraud? Having someone at embassy check if visa is valid or not is fraud? Please! Having someone in jamb/waec check your result is fraud?

Well, the truth is there are visa agents. Some help you get a valid visa for a fee, some put a fake visa for a fee.
Op has a korean visa in his passport. We don't know if his visa is valid. Op doesn't know if visa is valid. He paid for the visa. He wants to travel out of Nigeria. What does he do?

Must one travel out of Nigeria if you don't meet visa requirements? If he can't meet Korea visa requirements then he should look elsewhere.

Did you just say 90s? How can you compare decades ago to present day?

Yes its fraudulent to approach some 'guys' at the embassy and pay them to check the validity of your visa 'unofficially'

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by postemail: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2013
@OP
If its a valid visa, call your agent to get the contact of the Korean guarantor. Also get copies if the notarized invitation letter. Check your visa status. If its a C2 that means you got a business visa. If C3 -tourist/visiting visa. As a Nigerian, you need a guarantor for a tourist/visiting visa. If you don't have the Korean guarantor contacts, then don't bother wasting flight fare to Korea. Immigration wouldn't waste a minute with you. They'd call your airline to take you back immediately.

If C2, you must know what your korean guarantor wrote on the invitation. They will call him or her and ask what you're buying, and at what price. They will also ask you the same. If both answers are different, bye bye to entering Seoul. Secondly have sufficient fund as a business man.

In Seoul, there are places where you'd find Nigerians. Most folks are in Itaewon and Habangchon. There you can get a cheap motel for 20$ a night. Make friends, someone will introduce you to a factory or warehouse job. Salary ranges from 1.5 million won ~ 2 million won (1800$) depending on the factory. If your visa is a 30day visa, then go to immigration at city hall to get a full 90day visa at the cost of $25.
The issue you'd have is getting residence. That's up to you. There are different routes : student, investor, marriage ( locals or expats). Local will be a bit easy if you are fine and have some swag. Investor route requires 100,000$ foreign direct investment. Student visa is difficult... Working and schooling is hard!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by x2lambo(m): 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
Its possible to get some visas without apperance , when I applied for South African Visa , I submit my applications at vfs office @ abuja and my visa is ready in 3 days ... I met some agents @ vfs office submitting documents for there clients too VFS will take your document and submit to South african Embassy while you go and pick your application at VFS .....

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by honeymills(f): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2016
Please can I get more information on how to apply and contacts of good agents for Korean visa and likely cost estimates
postemail:
@OP
If its a valid visa, call your agent to get the contact of the Korean guarantor. Also get copies if the notarized invitation letter. Check your visa status. If its a C2 that means you got a business visa. If C3 -tourist/visiting visa. As a Nigerian, you need a guarantor for a tourist/visiting visa. If you don't have the Korean guarantor contacts, then don't bother wasting flight fare to Korea. Immigration wouldn't waste a minute with you. They'd call your airline to take you back immediately.

If C2, you must know what your korean guarantor wrote on the invitation. They will call him or her and ask what you're buying, and at what price. They will also ask you the same. If both answers are different, bye bye to entering Seoul. Secondly have sufficient fund as a business man.

In Seoul, there are places where you'd find Nigerians. Most folks are in Itaewon and Habangchon. There you can get a cheap motel for 20$ a night. Make friends, someone will introduce you to a factory or warehouse job. Salary ranges from 1.5 million won ~ 2 million won (1800$) depending on the factory. If your visa is a 30day visa, then go to immigration at city hall to get a full 90day visa at the cost of $25.
The issue you'd have is getting residence. That's up to you. There are different routes : student, investor, marriage ( locals or expats). Local will be a bit easy if you are fine and have some swag. Investor route requires 100,000$ foreign direct investment. Student visa is difficult... Working and schooling is hard!!!!
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by Ozisun101: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2017
hello everyone I got a visa agent who said she would sponsor me to Canada when I get there I will pay back. but she said I should make a deposit of 50,000 naira for the assessment form. please advice me on this situation. your response would be helpful.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by saintandsinnerz: 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ozisun101:
hello everyone I got a visa agent who said she would sponsor me to Canada when I get there I will pay back. but she said I should make a deposit of 50,000 naira for the assessment form. please advice me on this situation. your response would be helpful.
What other proof do you need to know that she is a hungry thief. If you like carry your 50k go give am OK, later u will know how far

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice On How To Verify Visa If Is Fake Or Not by vincentgist(m): 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
My dream country is USA/CANADA

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians / See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / Man Attempting To Cross Into Italy By Sea From Libya Changes His Mind (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.