Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency (7593 Views)

TAN Congratulates Buhari, Commends Jonathan / CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan / Uhuru Kenyatta Congratulates Buhari Commends Jonathan - Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by mrslecturer: 1:52pm On May 30, 2013
IYA NGBALI: go to any bank buy nairaland pin,go online and use the pin to load your new topic
You are funny!!!!!!!!
Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by deletrue: 2:55pm On May 30, 2013
moodswing: The UK economy was surpassed by Brazil, a supposedly third world country.

A soldier was butchered in broad day light and it took the British police 30 minutes to respond.

There was massive job and budgetary spending cuts in key british ministries and the military.

Yet they never stopped believing in the Essence of their "Englishness".

In Nigeria uninformed and semi-ignorant people are quick to side with opinions that speak ill of the government without taking into cognizance, the social and economic strive the government has achieved against all unfavorable odds.

To gain the support and attention of certain calibre of low lifers, speak negative of the government.

This our mentality of "government is evil" will never open our eyes to judge the government based on it's deeds but rather it's misdeeds. No matter who occupies the office of the president, certain m0rons are just too comfortable playing the pawn for the misguided opposition.

In my informed opinion, there has never been any responsive and responsible president like Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. President Musa Yar'adua of blesssed memory may have made the greatest president of all time. But He left us in a more trusted hand.

I hereby urge you all to sensibly criticize only when the government has truly erred in delivering the dividends of democracy than towing the path of deranged people like Femi Fani Kayode, Nasir and other not-well-meaning-Nigerians. Whose sole goal is to bring our dear countries down for selfish ends.

Long live Nigeria and Long live the President of the Republic.
Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 30, 2013
"Paid to Attend" commentators are even worse than sycophantic elements who praise GEJ daily for being corrupt, clueless, incompetent and sometimes being plain daft.

Rev. Jesse Jackson, Collect your attendance fees but Nigerians know better. We know corruption under this administration is unprecedented. More than a trillion naira stolen in the name of subsidy. We know how a corrupt president collected his share via proxy in a billion dollar malabu deals that reek of corruption. We know how first lady is collecting salary for a job not done in a nation with unbelievable unemployment rate. We know the story of pension fraud where Maina was effectively shielded by President Goodluck Corruption Jonathan. Jonathan effectively killed whatever left of anti-corruption drive in this country by granting pardon to corruption also known as Alams in a "I don't give a damn" manner.

We know this president can not claim Nigeria is better than three years ago in terms of security. A government that has failed to protect her citizens has failed in everything. Perhaps the dead victims of sundry fracas, bombings, plain assassinations would resurrect to enjoy dividends of Jonathan's democracy and transparency!

The promise of regular power supply is at best a yoyo. The entire country is in total darkness as I write now. They claim seasonal variations as achievements and shift their own deadlines at almost every minute or even seconds. Today, deadline for regular power supply is December 2013. Tomorrow, it's now March 2014 and a day after, it has been shifted to December 2014.

On road, he's simply a failure, nothing much to add. The nation's busiest road-Lagos/Ibadan expressway-epitomizes everything that's wrong with this government. The government of unending committees would not allow concerned governors to rebuild the road but still keep the nation down with her indecision.

The unemployment rate continues to soar despite repeated jargons of growth spewed regularly by a woman who gave out $12 billion dollars for debt cancellation but who is now an apostle of "Nigeria has not borrowed enough".

What's left? There's no point discussing how Mr. Goodluck Corruption Jonathan lied to the nation via a national broadcast. His anti-corruption effort is second only to US in the whole universe!

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by nijanigga: 3:46pm On May 30, 2013
Jesse jackson,what can you say about your son who is heading to jail? If you can't train your son from stealing public funds I wonder what guts you have to make such ridiculous comments,probably GEJ has doled out some dollar into your pocket.Go back to Chicago and wait for your son and his wife sentencing.
Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by Akiika: 3:48pm On May 30, 2013
OMG, this jobless, corrupt son of a gun has resumed his political prostitution in Nigeria. Who tha f.uc.k is Jesse Jackson to access GEJ's performance by some presentation of lies? a sorry a.ss self acclaimed political activitist...he was simply an errand boy to Dr Martin Luther King and has sinced been claiming a civil right activist. He is corrupt to stupor, his corrupt son was made to resign his House of Rep. seat and is on his way to jail for campaign fund mismanagement. Jesse Jackson has been doing this hob nobbing with every corrupt government in Nigeria. What a shame, GEJ has hit a new low. These are all the kind of tactics of deceit Abacha once used...remember what happened to him?
Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by docadams: 6:39pm On May 30, 2013
I think the issue of transparency is not what should occupy our minds but the stated achievements. To me transparency does not translate to good governance always. It simply means that you do not hide any endeavour that involves you and others. Thus, it is a marker for defining your personality. You can have a bad trait without caring to hide your distateful actions, in which case, you can be said to be transparent.
Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by sleekman(m): 7:47pm On May 30, 2013
I love for us to be objective when assessing an administration or president. The raw and undiluted truth is GEJ has done well. If you go through my posts you'll clearly see I supported, campaigned and voted Buhari in 2011. I'm an Edo man but voted Buhari based on 2 beliefs.
1.I knew GEJ and Buhari will get the job done but it will cost Nigeria and Nigerians less with Buhari because a N3b Buhari contract will equal a N30b GEJ contract.
2.Buhari will fight corruption much better than GEJ.

Having said all these it's time to live up to certain realities that have manifested in the past 2 years.
Come 2015 I'll be voting GEJ based on the following premise.

1. GEJ has performed well and I dare say above average. Obama almost lost the election in the US because like today the Americans didn't think he was capable enough to turn around the mess created by years of republican economic mismanagement and war campaigns which they even intended moving to Iran. Towards the tail-end of Obama's 1st term the people began to see the sacrifices they've endured from the economic rebuilding programs initiated by Obama. As I write they Americans are beginning to see that they didn't make a mistake after all. With an economy beginning to blossom they know that there's no way other than up. Same scenario applies to Nigeria. GEJ has began to apply the foundation blocks for the building of a prosperous economy as soon as he began his tenure albeit slowly. Students of economics know that you must have a robust economy before that robust economy will begin to translate into jobs.
2. I can travel from Lagos to Benin in 3 HOURS yes 3 hours. With just 4 police checkpoints "Highway patrol checkpoints" I can comfortably do 120-130km/h and be in Benin all other unforeseen circumstances not taken into consideration.
Last Week, I did Lagos to PH in 9.5hrs even with a stopover in Benin for 30mins at an eatery and a tire check at warri.
I'm sure you can deduce that the roads are very good save for very small portions still being worked on. OBJ complaining that GEJ isn't working should know that the blood of thousands of Nigerians who have perished on that road whom Annenih and himself embezzled (1st N150b and then N300b) are after him and his unsaved children. Can anyone say that the roads aren't much better since GEJ came on board?
3. Power is improving. Yes power supply is improving and by christmas I know that all those castigating GEJ now will bow their heads in shame once they see the remarkable improvements in this sector. 18hr power supply is enough to dumb hs greatest critics.
4. The northerners complaining has anyone ever touched their lives as remarkably as GEJ has done. The peaceful states upnorth are enjoying 1st class agricultural attention. GEJ has broken the middleman tradition in fertilizer distribution thereby creating enemies from the northern elites bent on enslaving the common northerner perpetually.
5. When was the last time you heard of big multinationals thinking of coming to invest in Africa? Sorry to inform all you critics that Nigeria is in the forefront of African FDI though I don't support the administration's claim of FDI. There is a difference between FDI and 'hot money'. 'Hot Money' is money invested in the stock market which can cause a bubble if it is hastily withdrawn as it was done in 2007/2008.
6. We now export things other than oil and gas. Isn't that great? This is the first true case of diversification of the economy. We export cement, rubber, plastic, cocoa etc.
7. Functional rail? Lagos-Kano on stream, Maiduguri-PH coming on stream in dec, intra-city train service in Lagos, Kano and Kaduna, Enugu to Abakaliki coming on stream in march next year. Bros una still get mouth?
8. A relatively freer and fairer election?
9. I have being pissed of by these Northern elitist buffoons who want to continually enslave their fellow less privileged brothers and don't want any form of light being shown them.
9. Lastly, Has anyone in the history of Nigeria ever accommodated more criticisms and insults than this president and continually behaves like a mumu when he clearly knows what he is doing?

Please, Abeg lets be objective enough and open our eyes to the real realities.

However, I want to see attention in an area where the president has [size=15pt]failed woefully[/size] and that is in the area of corruption. I need to see true reforms in the judiciary championed by the executive.

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by AbuMikey(m): 11:56pm On May 30, 2013
Mtcheww
Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by Pilotman(m): 3:22am On May 31, 2013
Please how can one lay hands on a copy of this REPORT CARD. I want to digest its contents before I comment.
Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by Nobody: 5:03am On May 31, 2013
The American activist noted that the entire black race in the world has so much expectations from Nigeria as the most populous black Nation on earth and these expectations have to be justified through the implementation of programs which will improve quality of lives and inspire citizens to be productive.

Re: Jesse Jackson Commends Jonathan’s Transparency by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 31, 2013
Why does that puzzle u?
Nigeria was respected until IBB came in 1985 and our status briefly restored by Abacha before Obasanjo degraded us again between 1999 and 2007
*Kails*:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Has Eroded Democratic Gains, Fayose Alleges / Obono-Obla: 'Ekweremadu Should Face His False Asset Declaration Case' / Anambra: Godwin Maduka Withdraws Petition At The Election Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.