Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra (6021 Views)

Governor Udom Grants Amnesty To A 64-Year-Old Prisoner (Photos) / Ramadan: FCT Minister Grants Amnesty to 29 Prisoners / Yar Adua Finally Grants Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Ptimes: 10:36pm On May 29, 2013
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra on Wednesday granted amnesty to 21 prisoners drawn from Awka, Onitsha, Aguata and Enugu prisons, as part of activities to mark the Democracy Day.

This is contained in a statement signed in Awka by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Mike Udah.

According to the statement, the exercise was in compliance with the constitutional powers of the governor.

The statement noted that three inmates: Chidiebele Okolisa, Nafiu Mohammed and Kenechukwu Nwobodo, were released from Awka Prison; while Chibuzo Ekweizu and Chukwudi Okonkwo were released from Aguata Prison.

“The beneficiaries from Onitsha Prison are Mmaduabuchi Ojimba, Dick Iboro, Ikechukwu Nnamani, Amaechi Oloh, Chukwunonso Igbomalu, Sunday Udezulu and Ibrahim Ahmed.

“Other lucky ones from Onitsha Prison are Chinedum Ephraim, Adebayo Damilare, Christian Okeke, Julius Nweke, Sundy Ogugua, Chijioke Oforkalu, Nnamdi Nwabunwanne and Donatus Obioha.

The statement said that from Enugu Prison, Kennedy Okechukwu Okolonta and Onyeka Abugu had their terms reduced to 21 years from life imprisonment from the dates of their sentences, while Nnenna Obi from the same (Enugu) prison was also released.

: http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/136877-obi-grants-amnesty-to-21-prisoners-in-anambra.html
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Zonacom(m): 10:39pm On May 29, 2013
Commendable. Sometimes this man does good
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 29, 2013
cheesy It seems our leaders just got to know about this amnesty recently?

2 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Trut(m): 11:15pm On May 29, 2013
Okay!
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 29, 2013
I just granted my Dog amnesty today for stealing my fish undecided how abt dat undecided

1 Like

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 29, 2013
Go and sin no more. Thanks Obi..
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 29, 2013
The beneficiaries from Onitsha Prison are Mmaduabuchi Ojimba, Joystick Iboro

grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 29, 2013
This is what I call an abuse of amnesty in Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by njideoby(f): 11:37pm On May 29, 2013
Idi Amin: This is what I call an abuse of amnesty in Nigeria undecided
What do u mean by abuse of amnesty?
Do u do they offences or why they were imprisoned in the first place.
Why not be happy for once,if not for them then for their various families or do u think it has been easy for these families all this while?
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Nobody: 12:06am On May 30, 2013
This is like saying, go into d world n multiply for d unchanged one(s).
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by madamoringo(f): 12:11am On May 30, 2013
On a day that Governor Fashola commissioned the Ikoyi-Lekki bridge, Governor Ajimobi commissioned the flyover at Mokola, Ibadan, all Obi has done is give amnesty?? LWTMB!! The fate of ibos in Nigeria is sealed with the kind of leaders and followership they have and will always get due to a wrong value system and boastfully empty pride.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Celepope: 12:39am On May 30, 2013
Am i missing something here?How come the Governor of Anambra state granted inmates of prison in Enugu state Amnesty?Another poor journalism

1 Like

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by RedReact: 12:54am On May 30, 2013
babyosisi:

grin grin grin
Madam, make I ask una; person dey bear Joystick Iboro? Abi my eyes see double grin
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:56am On May 30, 2013
Ptimes:
The beneficiaries from Onitsha Prison are Mmaduabuchi Ojimba, Joystick Iboro

[size=16pt]WTH IS JOYSTICK IBORO?! WHAT FATHER KEEPS SUCH A NAME FOR THEIR CHILD?![/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Nobody: 1:23am On May 30, 2013
madam_oringo: On a day that Governor Fashola commissioned the Ikoyi-Lekki bridge, Governor Ajimobi commissioned the flyover at Mokola, Ibadan, all Obi has done is give amnesty?? LWTMB!! The fate of ibos in Nigeria is sealed with the kind of leaders and followership they have and will always get due to a wrong value system and boastfully empty pride.

The moderators that go around accusing and banning people for tribalizing topics won't see this eediot

9 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by amanda2013(f): 1:35am On May 30, 2013
ok. Hope they wuldnt go back to wateva it is that took them to prison in d first place
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 1:36am On May 30, 2013

The statement said that from Enugu Prison, Kennedy Okechukwu Okolonta and Onyeka Abugu had their terms reduced to 21 years from life imprisonment from the dates of their sentences, while Nnenna Obi from the same (Enugu) prison was also released.
I don't see what difference the bolded makes. 21 years seems like a lifetime to me. I can't even spend a year in a prison.
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by mensdept: 2:07am On May 30, 2013
So?
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by basisop(m): 3:42am On May 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

[size=16pt]WTH IS JOYSTICK IBORO?! WHAT FATHER KEEPS SUCH A NAME FOR THEIR CHILD?![/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The name is Di.ck but the auto stuff with NL.

1 Like

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by basisop(m): 3:44am On May 30, 2013
babyosisi:

The moderators that go around accusing and banning people for tribalizing topics won't see this eediot

I'm giving them till afternoon before I reply the ethnic bigot.
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Nobody: 3:49am On May 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

u must be a learner?
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by iykmilo: 4:39am On May 30, 2013
Zona.com:
He does good always. Nice governor indeed.
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Timcy01(m): 5:09am On May 30, 2013
Zona.com:
Now more than ever before i have come to realize that alot of Nigerians have been politically brainwashed. This was the same thing president Jonathan did giving amnesty to a criminal and the news was all around with lots of people throwing insults at him now a governor just the same thing and people are here saying he is good, its a nice thing. Let us try not to be partial in our dealings and endeavours.
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by aquabeing: 5:26am On May 30, 2013
basisop:

I'm giving them till afternoon before I reply the ethnic bigot.

Loool.Temperature rising grin
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by greall1: 5:26am On May 30, 2013
Almighty God will erase his sin also.
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Charlestotle(m): 6:01am On May 30, 2013
madam_oringo: On a day that Governor Fashola commissioned the Ikoyi-Lekki bridge, Governor Ajimobi commissioned the flyover at Mokola, Ibadan, all Obi has done is give amnesty?? LWTMB!! The fate of ibos in Nigeria is sealed with the kind of leaders and followership they have and will always get due to a wrong value system and boastfully empty pride.
you are crying for value system,and you are abusing the only tribe dt could face nigeria in d civil war...and you open ur oral cavity to call it empty pride.....who is more corrupt dan ur tribe....EWU

4 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Nobody: 6:26am On May 30, 2013
njideoby:
What do u mean by abuse of amnesty?
Do u do they offences or why they were imprisoned in the first place.
Why not be happy for once,if not for them then for their various families or do u think it has been easy for these families all this while?
lets put sentiments aside bro, this issue of amnesty in nigeria is becoming worrisome. The other day it was alameiyeseigha, now its 21 prisoners. Are u going to tell me that among those 21 there'll be no robbers, rapists or even murderers? Instead of doing something worthwhile & benefitial to their constituencies, these clueless politians are busy overturning the hardwork of the judiciary. Who knows, tomorrow it may be clifford orji or sergeant rogers being granted amnesty!

2 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by bishop4life(m): 6:50am On May 30, 2013
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by madam_oringo : 12:11am
On a day that Governor Fashola commissioned the Ikoyi-Lekki bridge, Governor Ajimobi commissioned the flyover at Mokola, Ibadan, all Obi has done is give amnesty?? LWTMB!! The fate of ibos in Nigeria is sealed with the kind of leaders and followership they have and will always get due to a wrong value system and boastfully empty pride.
1 Like

please next time you want to comment on a forum like this,i advice you get yourself a personal adviser.and please stop displaying yuor ignorance anyhow
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by COOLDUN: 6:59am On May 30, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

The Joystick in question is a translated censored word for DIICK, which the moderators censored for a reason best known to them.My own understanding of the topic.
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Iykeponti(m): 7:26am On May 30, 2013
Well done Mr Obi, you just released more thieves & kidnappers out on the street...
Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by Nobody: 7:32am On May 30, 2013
no wonder your user name is Madam Ashawo. Didn't you see that the pardoned criminals or inmates cuts across every tribe in Nigeria?Joystick Iboro is Efik, Adebayo is Yoruba,and the other Hausa guys. Read and understand what forgiveness means. If you were in Peter Obi's shoe, I can bet my life that you would never have pardoned an Igbo man. Your charcoal darkened stone heart will only lead you to destruction. Ask Boko Haram what their actions had brought to them and place yourself in their position in the coming years. You can still repent if you want to be forgiven. Eeeeediot

4 Likes

Re: Obi Grants Amnesty To 21 Prisoners In Anambra by EzePromoe: 7:37am On May 30, 2013
babyosisi:

grin grin grin
Let Seun continue misspelling names with his word censor. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Heavy Gunshots, Riot In Kogi… Roads Blocked (happening Now) / Are We Going Back To The Days Of Slavery? (photo) / FG Saves N250bn From Detection Of Ghost Workers On Payroll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.